Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Here is the form!

https://goo.gl/forms/7tYaJCClXz3vVZbV2

Submissions are due by 3PM EST on Sunday!

Post about how fun you've been having in Smash, or your favorite moments from Smashes past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm really digging the single player mode for the new Smash. I've cleared everything west of the fissure and am looking forward to moving on to the east now.

The fighter combos and stage gimmicks they use to fit the spirits are constantly hilariously clever to me.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i've been meaning to buy the old n64 cartridge of smash but that's probably going to have to wait until my bank account refills after christmas

e: also i really want alicia to win the MMC but vince is clearly high on carmella and truth

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Smash is fun. I got it yesterday and have just been unlocking characters.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I haven't played Ultimate but had a lot of fun in Smash WiiU just throwing those soupbones as Little Mac.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
My favorite Smash Bros Ultimate moment is how bullshit some of the Spirit Battles are. I could live without having to deal with some of the Legend spirit fights.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
My favorite Smash Melee moment was when my friend always insisted that we play No Items, Fox Only, Final Destination. Actually I hated that, my favorite moment was when I didn't have to do that.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I have the ROB amiibo and used it for Smash a couple of times on the Wii. Other than that, haven't played the game much.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My favorite Smash moment was when I sold Melee for what I paid because competitive gamers are idiots and enjoy a bad game.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
My favorite Smash Moment is when I played Playstation All Stars Battle Royale with my college roommate all the time

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My favorite Smash moment is one time in OG Smash when my friend, who ALWAYS beat me, had like a three stock lead, I was Luigi, he was Fox, and I won the match with a somehow pixel perfect flaming uppercut as he rolled past me to switch sides. I've literally never timed anything that perfectly before or since.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

My favorite Smash Bros Ultimate moment is how bullshit some of the Spirit Battles are. I could live without having to deal with some of the Legend spirit fights.
if you unlock Bowser and spirits for Giant + Metal, you can beat every legend spirit battle

except the Pauline one, that one can eat poo poo

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I've been able to win pretty much every new challenger fight easily but I've fought Richter 3 times now and he has completely wrecked my poo poo every time

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i played the first smash bros in secret at school. it was play twice unless you win one of them then you get to stay. i lost twice in a row while trying my best. and Then left the room because i was scared of missing too much school.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
my favorite thing about Smash Bros is all the shipping you can do. my OTP is Samus and Mega Man. i think they would make a really cute couple and i like to imagine what their life together would be like.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I've never played any Smash games, but any time I go on twitch to watch someone I don't know play it, other viewers show off nazi iconography within a minute of my getting there.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I've fallen upon non-fan status of the latest Smash. I don't like the online, and I don't like the single player, and everyone I played Smash with in person has already decided the game isn't their thing so it feels kinda pointless to keep playing. It is very nice to see Pichu and the Ice Climbers back though. They were Melee mainstays for me.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
I played the most of Smash Brothers 64. It was so very fun, and amazing to look back at how astoundingly ugly it was.

I can't believe I'm actually betting that The Man retains, loses the title at the rumble, steals the #30 spot in the rumble to go on to Wrestlemania.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

ROBs final smash owns, little robot bro turns into a fuckin tank and unloads his load.

but always pick martha

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I only ever played one Smash and I don't even remember which one it was, but the important thing is that it's straight up just a game about mashing your favorite toysvideo game characters together, and that is cool.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

My favorite Smash moment was in the series finale, when Karen and Ivy finally put aside their differences and delivered a show-stopping number.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

My favorite Smash moment is that DECEMBER 16th IT'S A SUNDAY!

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Way back on the Original smash bros, I was unlocking characters but not looking up how to do it, and I got a new challenger. His sillouhette was a dude in a baseball cap with a yo-yo and a baseball bat, and his name was 4 characters long.

I marked the hell out, thinking "OH MY GOD, they put Mike loving Jones in this game!" but it turned out it was some doofus from an SNES RPG I had never heard of and later would play and realize was the most overrated jRPG of all time.*

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

My favorite part of Smash Ultimate is when I lose unlock battles because I'm terrible at Smash and I say "oh come on" in a stern enough tone that it startles my cats and requires me to pet them.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Veryslightlymad posted:

Way back on the Original smash bros, I was unlocking characters but not looking up how to do it, and I got a new challenger. His sillouhette was a dude in a baseball cap with a yo-yo and a baseball bat, and his name was 4 characters long.

I marked the hell out, thinking "OH MY GOD, they put Mike loving Jones in this game!" but it turned out it was some doofus from an SNES RPG I had never heard of and later would play and realize was the most overrated jRPG of all time.*

I'm docking you points for this heresy

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

Earthbound is good and you're wrong. Startropics is good as hell too though.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Veryslightlymad posted:

GASP

someone doesnt deserve mother 3

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

My favorite Smash moment is when they added Waluigi

:smith:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Playing as Richter and incineroar is super fun

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

No Irish Need Imply posted:

GASP

someone doesnt deserve mother 3

nobody does, its bad

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

My favorite memory of smash is when the original one came out and we tried to figure out what Mickey Mouse's hand had to do with anything.

Also blowing people off the stage with thunderbolt/shock/whatever that was pikachu used to do.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
beating the boss spirit fight AND dracula as snake :patriot:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Why is the Corbin match not in this?

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I've been having a lot of fun dropkicking the ever loving hell out of everyone with Bowser in Spirit and Online

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
That Ridley trailer where he straight up murders Mario is pretty good.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Incessant Excess posted:

The what now?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Incessant Excess posted:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I forgot Carmella has a submission but I gave credit for anyone who picked Alicia Fox in that option.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Link to results HERE

Ragnarok the Red 76 - :siren::vince::drat:A PERFECT SCORE:drat::vince::siren:
Veryslightlymad 73
ThePariah 70
Quasipox 70
Procrastinator 68
21 Hoot Salute 68
Maigius 66
Venomous 65
The Kimoa Kid 64
TTBF 63
Dacap 63
hosed-up birthday 63
BlackCircle 61
DarkstarIV 61
Abroham Lincoln 61
Evilosity 60
Wintermutant 60
Fentry 60
Chris James 2 59
Kvantum 58
Metalocalypse 56
Jetfire 56
Benne 56
Vaguido 56
Jerusalem 54
ShakeZula 53
Erainor 52
AntiDepressor 52
TheJunkyardGod 52
Buzzsaw 51
Just Chamber 51
Wazzu 51
stone cold 64 50
TheRico 48
Raskolnikov38 48
IcePhoenix 47
fluffy bunnies 47
bradzilla 46
projecthalaxy 46
SamuraiFoochs 46
Xerzes 45
FartingBedpost 45
Action Shakespeare 45
D.N. Nation 44
Hako 43
Baron Corbin 43
Junpei Hyde 43
Greekonomics 43
Senerio 42
drkarmicknight 42
MotU 41
Cavauro 40
Petit Gregory 40
pen0r 39
Namtab 38
Cage Kicker 38
Aphrodite 38
Rubber Soul 38
nonrev 38
Incessant Excess 36
WatermelonGun 35
Endless Mike 35
Numero6 35
Lowtax 33
CarlCX 33
super macho dude 33
Liquid Communism 30
reignofevil 28
achillesforever6 27
JesusIsTehCool 25
Netsky 25
TV Zombie 23
Insertnamehere31 18
Saint Freak 18

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

IcePhoenix posted:

Link to results HERE

????????????????