Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Hennenlotter and R.A. The Rugged Man. Bonkers even by the standards of Hennenlotter’s other stuff.

Wasn't it originally gonna be part of a trilogy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Spatulater bro! posted:

If I was in the mood for something sleazy and bizarre along the lines of Taxidermia, Combat Shock, Angst, The Driller Killer, Basket Case or Street Trash, what recommendations come to mind?
You seen Blood Diner? I don't love it, but sleazy as hell.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Timeless Appeal posted:

You seen Blood Diner? I don't love it, but sleazy as hell.

I saw it so long ago it's almost as if I haven't seen it. I recall nothing about it. I'll give it another look.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
All spookadoodle tags have been restored thanks to our benevolent overseer Fran, and I did not have to confess any poser sins at all to do so.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What are poser sins

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Burkion posted:

What are poser sins

if you've committed them, you'd already know.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

dorium posted:

if you've committed them, you'd already know.

There are no posers, do not entertain this sadness in your heart

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The secret is we're all posers. Performers and portrayers, each another's audience outside the gilded cage.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I've never actually seen a horror movie or know what one is.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

All the world’s a thread

And all the men and women merely posers

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

FreudianSlippers posted:

All the world’s a thread

And all the men and women merely shitposters

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
This 1929 Phantom of the Opera is really pacey, they cram a lot into this thing.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
The part in The Others where all the blinds disappear and the servants couldn't give less of a poo poo always makes me laugh.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

So, I've got a weird question. A co-worker gave me this beanie as a Christmas gift. I dig it and it's cozy, but...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KZMWLVF?pf_rd_r=5KBPC71ND4HC0FWXSNCM&pf_rd_p=5ae2c7f8-e0c6-4f35-9071-dc3240e894a8

Who the gently caress is that under Michael Myers and between Freddy/Jason? It's like Deadpool, Pumpkinhead and Sam from Trick R Treat had a baby. I feel like I'm missing something obvious or it's some mascot that is somehow attached to whatever company made this.

Or some just...made up nothing? Which also seems bizarre, but I genuinely have no clue.

Several Goblins fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 6, 2021

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Several Goblins posted:

So, I've got a weird question. A co-worker gave me this beanie as a Christmas gift. I dig it and it's cozy, but...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KZMWLVF?pf_rd_r=5KBPC71ND4HC0FWXSNCM&pf_rd_p=5ae2c7f8-e0c6-4f35-9071-dc3240e894a8

Who the gently caress is that under Michael Myers and between Freddy/Jason? It's like Deadpool, Pumpkinhead and Sam from Trick R Treat had a baby. I feel like I'm missing something obvious or it's some mascot that is somehow attached to whatever company made this.

Or some just...made up nothing? Which also seems bizarre, but I genuinely have no clue.

It's almost certainly a bootleg so I wouldn't be surprised if they lifted art of some deviant art guys slasher movie OC.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Looks like it's supposed to be Leatherface.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's almost certainly a bootleg so I wouldn't be surprised if they lifted art of some deviant art guys slasher movie OC.

Oh it's absolutely bootleg. I didn't think about it being some ripped off OC, that's very possible.

Basebf555 posted:

Looks like it's supposed to be Leatherface.

I thought that for a sec, but Leatherface is up at the top next to Ash.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Scroll to the next pic and Leatherface is in the upper left. It's just some original character. Artist prob doesn't know people are making merch from his art.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

do NOT steal

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Peak Performance.

Buglord
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...ADEsppbIiStKpsY

The following movies are going to be free on YouTube starting on the following dates :toot:

Dracula (1931) – 15 January, 8pm
The Mummy (1932) – 15 January, 8pm
Frankenstein (1931) – 16 January, 8pm
Bride of Frankenstein (1935) – 16 January, 8pm
The Invisible Man (1933) – 17 January, 8pm
The Wolf Man (1941) – 17 January, 8pm
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein – 17 January, 8pm

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

Origami Dali posted:

Scroll to the next pic and Leatherface is in the upper left. It's just some original character. Artist prob doesn't know people are making merch from his art.

I think you guys are definitely right with it being some ripped art. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't forgetting some deep cut edgy 90s looking Dark Horse comics character or something.

I'd kinda like to track down where it was stolen from, just out of principle.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I swear I’ve seen that skeleton head dude before on t-shirts/stickers. Of course I could just be misremembering because of how generic it is, or maybe it’s a slightly altered version of some other graphic, etc

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He looks familiar but he also kind of looks like a generic mashup of other guys.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Vince MechMahon posted:

Too bad. I was considering picking it up, but art theft's a dealbreaker for me.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Several Goblins posted:

I think you guys are definitely right with it being some ripped art. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't forgetting some deep cut edgy 90s looking Dark Horse comics character or something.

I'd kinda like to track down where it was stolen from, just out of principle.

The second image on the amazon listing is probably clear enough for a reverse image search, if you crop a rectangle from the middle

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Just about anything Abel Ferrara ever directed would be good for sleaze. Which reminds me, I want to rewatch King of New York.

Also I noticed that I hadn't read the thread since before Christmas, so I hope everyone had a good one and did/didn't get murdered, and have a happy new year.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

The weird thing about the beanie character is that he's sort of positioned as the centerpiece of the whole thing, like he's the most important. You'd think if they ran out of popular horror characters they'd have thrown the generic guy into the background.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Several Goblins posted:

Slipknot Man.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

Spatulater bro! posted:

The weird thing about the beanie character is that he's sort of positioned as the centerpiece of the whole thing, like he's the most important. You'd think if they ran out of popular horror characters they'd have thrown the generic guy into the background.

This was exactly what gave me pause that it was a legitimate reference I didn't get.

I'm cool with referring to him as Slipknot Man OC Do Not Steal from now on.

Tarnop posted:

The second image on the amazon listing is probably clear enough for a reverse image search, if you crop a rectangle from the middle

This is a good idea. I'll give that a try in a bit.

Several Goblins fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jan 6, 2021

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The way it's stylized I just think of it as Horror Homiez.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Possessor is a ride.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Anyone watching 30 Coins on HBO? I watched the first episode and thought it was excellent.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Gretel & Hansel by Ozgood Perkins is on Prime/Hulu now - really felt like this was specifically tuned towards making me love it. Sadly it sort of doesn't keep any of the promises it makes and kind of ends up as a dumbed down The VVitch. It's absolutely gorgeous and worth watching on that alone. A bit like a Tarsem Singh movie in that the substance is almost exclusively in the style.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Going to watch Jason Goes to Hell tonight. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen it. I purposefully didn’t rewatch it during either of the marathon months last year.... but I kinda have to now that I own it on blu-ray. Dear god I own Jason Goes to Hell on blu-ray.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's probably not as bad as you remember. It has a great opening at the very least.

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

Jason Goes to Hell owns and I will never get the hate for it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wilhelm Scream posted:

Jason Goes to Hell owns and I will never get the hate for it.

It's badly directed/written/lit/scored/acted, for one thing.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Watching it with the commentary from the old DVD makes it the best entry.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

its a great slasher movie but a bad Ft13th movie imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Lol the directors introduction is just the dude saying “this is probably the fourth version of this movie you own, thanks”. 1 star for that alone.