Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SlimGoodbody posted:

As for an underappreciated scene that I love, I truly feel that the best (and possibly only good) scene in the most recent Hellboy was the one where Hell opens up and some loving Book-of-Revelation-rear end demons crawl out and produce 30 seconds of a Beksinski painting loving a Bosch painting by way of Godzilla.

you're not wrong, drat this one scene makes the rest of the movie look good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAmwZqgYvp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

No. 1 Juicy Boi posted:

The marionette kill from NoES 3 is the best kill from that franchise

But hm... What was that movie where someone gets their head exploded with a basketball

HES BACK <3

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Shrecknet posted:

https://twitter.com/HorrorDeaths/status/1419052910198104068?s=19

Someone replied this was on their Horror Kill Mount Rushmore. You gotta put NoES 4 roach motel, Psycho shower and then what's your #4?

For me it might be Resident Evil laser room

Nah, if you're going to have a slice-and-dice then it's Alderson's death in Cube. Much better build-up and not obvious CGI bollocks.

Given that a Mount Rushmore kill doesn't have to be gory as much as it needs to be truly iconic, I'd pretty much have to second Alf's list except replacing the Bone Tomahawk scene with Peter Cushing yanking down the curtains to destroy Lee's Dracula with the risen sun.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://mobile.twitter.com/ringsidenews_/status/1418602252231593991
Okay I would loving love this.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Deadly Friend baybee

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Origami Dali posted:

Deadly Friend baybee

Ahahahahahahahaha

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Fury has a cool scene at the end where John Cassavetes explodes in a shower of gore, and it must have been really expensive because they repeat it from like 14 angles and the movie ends immediately afterward:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdj-srRzMoo

A weird followup from Carrie for De Palma, as it’s about a psychic teenager with world-destroying psychic powers played by Carrie’s bully Amy Irving, who either decides to return to her normal life or ends the world. It’s not really clear.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Origami Dali posted:

Deadly Friend baybee

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://twitter.com/samcorb/status/1418987502610886666?s=21

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Origami Dali posted:

Deadly Friend baybee

Throw Momma the Basketball Through Her Head

Also come on, everybody. Blood geyser from Nightmare on Elm Street. An effect so excessive and awesome it nearly killed somebody, and/or multiple people.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

Throw Momma the Basketball Through Her Head

Also come on, everybody. Blood geyser from Nightmare on Elm Street. An effect so excessive and awesome it nearly killed somebody, and/or multiple people.

if we go by that metric the helicopter from twilight zone wins

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

FreudianSlippers posted:

My latest project sorta kinda final

Necromancy Tutorial: Raising a Draugur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARSAtHSgNe4
unless I´m missing some very obvious flaw from having looked at it way too much the last few months.

Unlisted because I'm sending it into film festivals and some of them require the project to not have been publicly available before it's screened.

Can't watch this until I get home but I wanted to make sure this didn't get lost at the tail end of the last page since it is very important to big up each other on this stuff 💪😤🤙

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Does Kevin Nash have any acting chops, especially comedy chops, that he'd work as a film lead? I'm imagining you'd need someone more in the vein of a Brad Garrett for this role - naturally tall and seemingly imposing, but comes across as sweet and dopey and good-natured.

Like, I want to like this, and it seems like Zombie's going to be able to get all of the fine details right, but most of the casting choices that I see get floated don't make any sense on paper.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Class3KillStorm posted:

Does Kevin Nash have any acting chops, especially comedy chops, that he'd work as a film lead? I'm imagining you'd need someone more in the vein of a Brad Garrett for this role - naturally tall and seemingly imposing, but comes across as sweet and dopey and good-natured.

he was excellent in an episode of Detroiters as Tim Robinson's dad

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!
I thought Jeff Daniel Phillips was confirmed as Herman? Was that just speculation?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

alf_pogs posted:

he was excellent in an episode of Detroiters as Tim Robinson's dad

Yea that was awesome. I’m still waiting for him to reprise his role from the first John Wick. John clearly had good history with him, time to bring him back to help out.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
That one guy just having a heart attack when he sees Chucky in Part 3 would probably be on my Rushmore.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Ted Danson should play Herman.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Pops Mgee posted:

Ted Danson should play Herman.

delete this nephew

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

People who liked The Empty Man should check out The Dead Center, which I think is still on Shudder. It doesn't have as many ideas crammed in, but it's a similar vibe and does its thing in an hour and a half.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Vin Diesel should play Herman Munster tbh

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
N... no

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!
I think my ideal Munsters 2021 cast would be Winston Duke as Herman, Eva Green as Lily, Jibrail Nantambu as Eddie, Anya Taylor-Joy as Marilyn, and as suggested in this thread, Cassandra Peterson as GrandMA Munster

Not a very Rob Zombie cast though

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Benito Cereno posted:

I think my ideal Munsters 2021 cast would be Winston Duke as Herman, Eva Green as Lily, Jibrail Nantambu as Eddie, Anya Taylor-Joy as Marilyn, and as suggested in this thread, Cassandra Peterson as GrandMA Munster

Not a very Rob Zombie cast though

Holy poo poo I want to see this.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

If you want grandMA Munster you gotta cast octavia Spencer.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Why not both and they’re the Gradmas Munsters.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The internet chose poorly.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The internet chose poorly.

I’ll probably see Escape Room later this week, checking it off the list before Green Knight hits

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Shrecknet posted:

Someone replied this was on their Horror Kill Mount Rushmore. You gotta put NoES 4 roach motel, Psycho shower and then what's your #4?

For its effect on my entire film watching trajectory since I was a teenager, uncle Frank at the end of Hellraiser.

Jesus wept

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Psycho shower
Jaws opening
Kane chrstburster
Frankenstein little girl

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

I guess these are more psychological horror moments rather than explicit slasher deaths, but

Body drop in [REC]
Sadako coming out of the tv / open eyed body in Ring
Doppelgänger on the phone camera in Lake Mungo
Jenny’s death in the Darkness.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Class3KillStorm posted:

Nash has incredible comedic timing for someone who made his name as a big handsome wrestler. The Detroiters episode as previously mentioned, but he’s also the best part of the Dead Or Alive movie.

Though now that you mention it, Garrett would be amazing as a modern Herman too.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Michael Shannon as Herman

we all know Lily is gonna be Sheri Moon

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
I haven't seen Part 3 yet, but something Fear St Part 1 and 2 do well that I think makes them pretty unique despite being clear derivative/homage based horror films is you never really root for the killer.

Many slasher films reach that point where the dead teenagers are just completely interchangeable and you're watching then get picked off one by one. Fear St does a good job of really always making us experience things from the victims perspective (even though there are some literal killer POV shots, this seems intended to emphasize the vulnerability of the victims.)

Likeable characters die in some outright horrible ways. This attitude is therefore BOTH more empathetic get also more cruel, and doesn't treat these ideas as oxymorons.

I think there's actually some really well-considered horror filmmaking going on in these even though they're absolutely intended as mass market teen entertainment.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

I haven't seen Part 3 yet, but something Fear St Part 1 and 2 do well that I think makes them pretty unique despite being clear derivative/homage based horror films is you never really root for the killer.

Many slasher films reach that point where the dead teenagers are just completely interchangeable and you're watching then get picked off one by one. Fear St does a good job of really always making us experience things from the victims perspective (even though there are some literal killer POV shots, this seems intended to emphasize the vulnerability of the victims.)

Likeable characters die in some outright horrible ways. This attitude is therefore BOTH more empathetic get also more cruel, and doesn't treat these ideas as oxymorons.

I think there's actually some really well-considered horror filmmaking going on in these even though they're absolutely intended as mass market teen entertainment.

Thats part of the point/plot; the 3rd explains it. There's a reason that the sympathetic characters die.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Hanging/glass shards double kill in Suspiria
Dragged across concrete in Deep Red
Eyehole gunshot in Opera
Axe Kill or Tracking Shot in Tenebrae
Rat mobile in Phantom of the Opera

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I've thought extensively about this and I think I would be the perfect Herman

I'm 6 foot 6 so I've got the Herman height. I'm a big fan of Rob Zombie so I'm familiar with his filmmaking and music, and we'd be bffs on the set, plus I grew up watching the Munsters so I'm wicked familiar with the source material.I am only 140lbs and 23 year old but they could just fill me out with padding and age me with makeup. I have never acted in my life but that's an advantage as my performance would be unique and catapult Rob and I straight to the oscars.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

actually Danny DeVito should play Herman Munster now that I've really chewed on it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

We totally would have gotten Sid Haig as Grandpa :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Kvlt! posted:

I've thought extensively about this and I think I would be the perfect Herman

I'm 6 foot 6 so I've got the Herman height. I'm a big fan of Rob Zombie so I'm familiar with his filmmaking and music, and we'd be bffs on the set, plus I grew up watching the Munsters so I'm wicked familiar with the source material.I am only 140lbs and 23 year old but they could just fill me out with padding and age me with makeup. I have never acted in my life but that's an advantage as my performance would be unique and catapult Rob and I straight to the oscars.

Hey man, the guy who played the iconic Grandpa from TCM was only like 20ish when he played that part. Chase those dreams.