Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

two episodes in and thoroughly enjoying Chapelwaite. the tone is almost entirely 'bleak period horror' but there's some terrific visual imagery going on in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
This page for '90s cyber horror recommendations.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Darthemed posted:

eXistenZ
Hardware
Virus

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Lawnmower Man

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Does Vibrations count? It’s insane so I’m mentioning it regardless.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Virtuosity
The Cell

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Darthemed posted:

Shin Kamen Rider
Tetsuo the Iron Man (80s but still)
Tetsuo II Body Hammer
Death Powder

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Are there any horror movies about TV show hosts / actors who snap and murder people, that type of thing?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The Berzerker posted:

Are there any horror movies about TV show hosts / actors who snap and murder people, that type of thing?

At first I read this and thought it said 'Are there any horror movies about people who snap and murder people?' and I was like 'Uhhh most of them?'

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Darthemed posted:

Rachel and Chandler Learn Windows 95

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Darthemed posted:

Brainscan, yo.

But if you want some real garb
Arcade
Ghost in the Machine
Lawnmower Man 2

Arthur Bowlsworth
Dec 5, 2003

Wot wot, old boy. Might one have a toke?
Death Machine?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The Berzerker posted:

Scream 2?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

EL BROMANCE posted:

Does Vibrations count? It’s insane so I’m mentioning it regardless.

One of the most underrated good bad movies in history.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

The thing that cracks me up is when someone says "there's no good tv." Like fool, don't you know you're in the golden age for content? There's more tv and film out there than anyone could possibly consume. Its the wild west of media right now.

There's no good tv.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

There's no good tv.

Some good TVs

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Aug 27, 2021

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

The Berzerker posted:

The Man With Two Brains

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Origami Dali posted:

Brainscan, yo.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Isn't the new Candyman out in theaters now, anyone watched it?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

weekly font posted:

One of the most underrated good bad movies in history.

There was a thread here with people talking about it, so I hunted it down and it blew me away because it's so loving insane and tone shifty. I then couldn't find the original discussion that got me to try it, heartbreaking.

But yes, not a horror (but has horror elements) and definitely a film everyone should experience.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Please don't post images of Halloween III when we're only a month away from October, it's killing me.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Watch it now and in October. Easy peasy

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

No you can only watch H3 in October, sorry.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've said this before, but you all don't understand how fast I would burn these movies out if I allowed myself to watch them whenever I feel like it. When I discovered From Beyond I think I watched it three or four times in the first year, and after that I had to restrain myself.

I want to sit down in October and watch Halloween III and feel like it's a special occasion, not just another Tuesday.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Watch something that takes place in Autumn but not around Halloween instead. I was going to say Children of the Corn, but uh, apparently that takes place on Halloween too, what the hell.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Origami Dali posted:

Watch something that takes place in Autumn but not around Halloween instead. I was going to say Children of the Corn, but uh, apparently that takes place on Halloween too, what the hell.

My go-to for this type of thing is The Wicker Man. Gets you in that fall mood but doesn't feel like something that must be watched in October. In fact I think it takes place in May.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Origami Dali posted:

Mutilator takes place over a fall break. I recommend that

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Im too lazy to normally go to theaters, but Candyman is a top 5 horror film to me and speaks to a lot of historical and current stuff; I think I'll have to go see it at a matinee this afternoon.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Can I stream it?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

MacheteZombie posted:

Can I stream it?

Not yet. I'm a bit annoyed that I won't be able to get it regular VOD rental price before the end of October, but it'll probably be a $20 rental soon enough.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
That $20 poo poo is for the birds.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Origami Dali posted:

That $20 poo poo is for the birds.

Not too bad for the return of The Candyman

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

65 days til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween
65 days til Halloween
Silver Shamrock

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Basebf555 posted:

I've said this before, but you all don't understand how fast I would burn these movies out if I allowed myself to watch them whenever I feel like it. When I discovered From Beyond I think I watched it three or four times in the first year, and after that I had to restrain myself.

I want to sit down in October and watch Halloween III and feel like it's a special occasion, not just another Tuesday.

Gunna wait for those 4K releases of 1 and 3 to rewatch them in October.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hollismason posted:

I saw it last night having never seen the original. It was a horror blind spot for me. I just watched the original (which is on Peacock at the moment) and enjoyed it quite a bit more than the new one. Virginia Madsen delivers such a stronger performance as the lead than Yahya Abdul-Mateen does, and the original actually feels genuinely creepy where the new one doesn't.

The only part of the new one I really dug was at the end when Candyman murders several cops

Lumbermouth posted:

65 days til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween
65 days til Halloween
Silver Shamrock
IT'S ALMOST TIME, KIDS

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Basebf555 posted:

When I discovered From Beyond I think I watched it three or four times in the first year, and after that I had to restrain myself.

Barbara Crampton's butt tends to have that effect.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

she doesnt even need to get naked if Barbara Crampton's in a horror movie ima watch it

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I liked the new Candyman; it was a great continuation of the originals themes while being more insular black focusing, more fairytale and less horror. There's a distinct difference in that Candyman never kills a minority in this one except for in a flashback and is used as a force of revenge for black innocents being killed which is way different than 1.

Don't really expect standard horror, and very little gore. It's more artistic looking fairytale of black oppression and vengeance.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Hmmm, the review blurbs I saw said it was pretty gory, so if it's not, that's a letdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Origami Dali posted:

Hmmm, the review blurbs I saw said it was pretty gory, so if it's not, that's a letdown.

It is actually pretty gory, I enjoyed it having not read much about it I expected a reboot not a straight sequel so that was a nice surprise I did kinda think introducing a new candy man for the bulk of the film was a waste and they should have just used Tony Todd, this would have also strengthened the connection between Candyman and the main protagonist