Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Horror movies rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

King Vidiot posted:

Last we saw Glen(da), they were two separate kids and then were never mentioned again. I'm interested to see how (or if) Don Mancini would handle that.

The brilliant thing is, Chucky is such a piece of poo poo that Glen COULD genuinely be genderfluid or he's just lying about it to get his new mark to trust him more.

It's super in character either way

Also I bet you he's telling the truth that he didn't kill the maid

He never said anything about other hims being around

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MacheteZombie posted:

Horror movies rock

:hmmorks:

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
So Lamb isn’t a horror movie, but it rules.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Watched Rigor Mortis. Wtf was that??? I went in expecting king fu movie, but with some supernatural trappings. I think theres a lot of Chinese equivalent of garlic and crucifixes that supplies some plot. Absolutely no exposition, which is cool. Buuuuut idk what happened at the end.

I liked the experience though.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Franchescanado posted:

Yeah the Many Saints of Newark wasn't a horror movie either but I thought it was pretty good. Not perfect, but a good movie. Had some clear disconnects from the show though.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Lamb is a heartwarming family comedy with horror elements

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Watching Titane and my partner comes home about an hour into it, so I pause it for a minute to say hi. It’s just a random frame from a scene with Alexia and Vincent talking, and after glancing at the TV for like two seconds she says “they look like they have a complicated relationship”

that turned out to be a bit of an understatement

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Franchescanado posted:

Horror parable

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dark Fables definitely count

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Lamb, like many oddities, is de facto a horror movie because every other genre is too lame to give it a home

e:

Kvlt! posted:

Trouble Every Day for cannibalism deep cuts

This was fantastic, thank you for the suggestion

Irony.or.Death fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 22, 2021

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Irony.or.Death posted:

Lamb, like many oddities, is de facto a horror movie because every other genre is too lame to give it a home

e:

This was fantastic, thank you for the suggestion

Also there's a big naked sheepman monster that kills a dude. That and the constant building dread and certainty that something horrible is going to happen.

twernt
Mar 11, 2003

Whoa whoa wait, time out.

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Watched Rigor Mortis. Wtf was that??? I went in expecting king fu movie, but with some supernatural trappings. I think theres a lot of Chinese equivalent of garlic and crucifixes that supplies some plot. Absolutely no exposition, which is cool. Buuuuut idk what happened at the end.

I liked the experience though.

I assume that the main character succeeds at killing himself and the rest of the movie is the hallucination he experiences as he is dying.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Who is the least successful slasher? Has there ever been a failed slasher film where the killer basically fails to kill anyone? The closest one I can think of is (spoilers for part of a recent popular Netflix horror film sequel) Fear St Part 3 1666, the second half of that film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0641hHG1IQ

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

lol at the start of Halloween Resurrection

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Watching THE MANGLER REBORN on Amazon Prime and they have muted all the swear words, absolutely bizarre.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is that a sequel to the '95 Mangler? The Stephen King short story directed by Tobe Hooper with Robert Englund?

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Has anyone seen Hall?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vudu's having a bunch of sales including stuff for $5, and a mix-and-match 2-for-$10 international special. Wanted to do some shopping anyway since Malignant's available to buy now, so I went overboard. Finally got Bug, Pulse, The Wailing, Troll Hunter, the first two RECs, and The Eyes of My Mother :woop: Halloween week's gonna be fun

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Pardon my ignorance about Vudu, but do you at least get to download the files locally? Or are the purchases strictly streaming?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Goddamnit Demons is so goddamn good. I really want to own a replica of the half mask the man in black is wearing.

Maybe I just want this to be my look going forward.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

dorium posted:

Goddamnit Demons is so goddamn good. I really want to own a replica of the half mask the man in black is wearing.

I could watch Demons twice back to back no problem. It’s so simple and such a joy. And that soundtrack!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Spatulater bro! posted:

Pardon my ignorance about Vudu, but do you at least get to download the files locally? Or are the purchases strictly streaming?

You can download what you purchase if you have the app

There's also certain films (like Malignant and the first two RECs) that are MoviesAnywhere-ready, so when you get them on there you also get them automatically on your linked Amazon Prime Video, Google Play, and iTunes accounts. Unlike those services Vudu has a little MA logo on the film's page to tell you when that's the case

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

dorium posted:

And to think that man In the mask went on to direct 2 of the best Italian films (Dellamorte Dellamore and The Church)

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

dorium posted:

That guy worked on the film and also directed The Church (aka Demons 3) btw

Edit: :arghfist:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I turned on HDNet this afternoon and they were playing what I would say is a horror adjacent movie called The Show/This is Your Death. While I wouldn't classify it as a "good" movie. It a satire movie about the nature of media/reality television/desperation of people.

Basic premise is this, Josh Duhamel is a reality tv show host who at the end of one season of his Bachelor knockoff has a contest go crazy and kills the bachelor and commits suicide. Network executives being who they are base a whole show off people committing suicide.

It's a fairly well acted movie, creepy suicides, and directed by Giancarlo Esposito. It's got a decent cast and is like I said reasonably creepy. It is a VERY heavy handed movie and the third act drags a bit. But if you are into movies that just fall short of their premise but still stick with you, worth a shot.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Mooseontheloose posted:

It's a fairly well acted movie, creepy suicides, and directed by Giancarlo Esposito. It's got a decent cast and is like I said reasonably creepy. It is a VERY heavy handed movie and the third act drags a bit. But if you are into movies that just fall short of their premise but still stick with you, worth a shot.

i'm in just to see what Mr Esposito can do behind the camera honestly

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Fun fact:
Giancarlo Esposito is born in Copenhagen making him technically Danish and since his dad was Italian he's also Italian American, and actually more Italian then all the dudes whose grandpa came over from Calibria in 1890.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ahhhh I love this twist in Slumber Party Massacre ‘21. It reminds me of a script idea that was going around for another franchise the NMOES one where the kids were purposely going into dreamland to beat on an aging Freddy. I love that everything you thought was just a reference has another layer to it.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

Ahhhh I love this twist in Slumber Party Massacre ‘21. It reminds me of a script idea that was going around for another franchise the NMOES one where the kids were purposely going into dreamland to beat on an aging Freddy. I love that everything you thought was just a reference has another layer to it.
That's why I really love the movie so much. Watching it I was like, (Big spoiler) "Okay... pseudo feminist horror where the girls are faced by the monster and then have a cathartic third act battle where they kill their Metaphor Monster." The fact that the girls purposefully came there for that purpose and the movie goes from there was fantastic.

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 23, 2021

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Absolutely, the second they said ‘pillowfight’ was the moment everything clicked why it’s been getting so much praise.

Then the actual pillow fight was hilarious. This is way better than a syfy original movie should be, and sounds like there’s gonna be a longer cut too, which might fix the lack of profanity which is really the only issue.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

alf_pogs posted:

i'm in just to see what Mr Esposito can do behind the camera honestly

Let me know what you think!

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I'm looking to watch something that gives a similar feeling of helplessness as The Vanishing (88). The only thing I could think of is Funny Games -- anyone have some other recommendations?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

CRAYON posted:

I'm looking to watch something that gives a similar feeling of helplessness as The Vanishing (88). The only thing I could think of is Funny Games -- anyone have some other recommendations?

Ernest Scared Stupid

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Talked to a semi-famous local comedian and actor about playing the lead role in my monster of the week show and he is interested and asked for the script and treatments we have ready.

So if this gets picked up it will be helmed by a good actor , assuming that he still is interested after reading the actual script.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

CRAYON posted:

Entrance

indiscriminately
Jan 19, 2007

CRAYON posted:

Gerald's Game

Speaking of which:

The first 100 minutes are pretty good! The last 3 minutes are pretty bad.

Was it a contractual thing, like maybe Stephen King would only agree to the adaptation if that end bit were included? Or maybe just a calculation of the director, that it would be smart professionally to appeal to King's vanity?

Tell a pretty good simple tale about trauma and helplessness, draw a mustache on it, cut to credits. Audacious.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Is that a sequel to the '95 Mangler? The Stephen King short story directed by Tobe Hooper with Robert Englund?

It is indeed. And Reggie from PHANTASM is in it!

And it SUCKS!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

indiscriminately posted:

Gerald's Game

Speaking of which:

The first 100 minutes are pretty good! The last 3 minutes are pretty bad.

Was it a contractual thing, like maybe Stephen King would only agree to the adaptation if that end bit were included? Or maybe just a calculation of the director, that it would be smart professionally to appeal to King's vanity?

Tell a pretty good simple tale about trauma and helplessness, draw a mustache on it, cut to credits. Audacious.

Flanagan's a huge King fan and the two seem to have a relationship so he probably just wanted to be faithful, although they might have a relationship in part because Flanagan is so eager to please King. Chicken or egg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

The trailer I watched definitely gives off the vibe I'm looking for, but now I'm wondering if I should have just taken your word and skipped the trailer.

Hmm, I remember watching this during a scream stream and maybe the impact was ruined (enhanced? augmented?) by that viewing experience.