Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Watched The Ritual, the first 3/4 are a perfect update of The Blair Witch Project for late 20's/early 30's millennials. The last fourth is real good monster/lovecrsftisn stuff, but ultimately not necessary, and maybe even harmful to the prior tone of the movie. It feels like something they had to add to appease modern audiences, but they did the very best of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Witchfinder General

How has this thread existed for 10 years and no one has ever mentioned the French film Dial Code Santa Claus because holy poo poo is this amazing.

It is now easily in the top 10 / top 5 Killer Santa Claus movies.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Hollismason posted:

How has this thread existed for 10 years and no one has ever mentioned

Be the change you want to see in the thread.

Hollismason posted:

the French film Dial Code Santa Claus because holy poo poo is this amazing.

It is now easily in the top 10 / top 5 Killer Santa Claus movies.

YESSSS :hfive:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ZearothK posted:

One of the guests lost their dog last month, so no murdering pets.

It Follows, Get Out, The Vvitch, Let the Right One In, Train to Busan (foreign and has subtitles if that's a dealbreaker).

In Zombieland and Krampus a dog is implied to have died off screen but it later turns out they did not.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Witchfinder General

You all need to watch Dial Code Santa Claus asap. Like seriously holy poo poo. Its one of those "How did I miss this for so long".

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

mikeycp posted:

prime DOES have Tokyo Videos of Horror 1-15 though which i think unironically own

but it also my very specific niche of japanese found footage with a budget of pocket change

I am waiting for them to extend me a Prime trial specifically to watch these, lol.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

It Follows, Get Out, The Vvitch, Let the Right One In, Train to Busan (foreign and has subtitles if that's a dealbreaker).

In Zombieland and Krampus a dog is implied to have died off screen but it later turns out they did not.

Everyone should watch The Vvitch but that doesn’t fit their criteria.

e:

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Dec 24, 2018

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Another good movie that does not involve dog death but does take place in a dog shelter is Pet

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Drunkboxer posted:

Everyone should watch The Vvitch but that doesn’t fit their criteria.

e:

I don't even remember that and I just watched it.

Dogs dying is like the most natural thing in horror, it's so counter-intuitive to me to try and avoid it.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Hollismason posted:

You all need to watch Dial Code Santa Claus asap. Like seriously holy poo poo. Its one of those "How did I miss this for so long".

I tried to track it down after realizing that the only local showing was at a time I couldn't do, but all I could find were European DVDs that won't work with my player. I did see an article suggesting that a new home release was in the works though.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Gerald's Game has a pretty good dog in it that survives the whole film

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I am waiting for them to extend me a Prime trial specifically to watch these, lol.

only the first one is free with prime, but it's good esp the last story

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I just found out they're releasing a movie adaptation of The Silence next year (same premise as A Quiet Place, except it starts before the apocalypse so you see how things go down), but the director is the guy who did Annabelle and Wish Upon and the writers have mostly worked for The Asylum. Oh well.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

mikeycp posted:

only the first one is free with prime, but it's good esp the last story

gently caress it I'll probably just go for it. God knows I can't get enough of that stuff.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
what are some good Christmas horror shorts (available to stream)? I just watched Treevenge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLI55bV3zkQ

and Humbug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UySKl3TUgsw

but want more!

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Is gingerdead man fun bad or bad bad

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Happy holidays everyone, here's 7 hours of Chucky burning for you to put on instead of the Yule log
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofnmLrWNXYQ

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Witchfinder General

Tolkien minority posted:

Is gingerdead man fun bad or bad bad

I say fun bad.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

fun bad especially the evil bong crossover

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
If it has Busey it's fun bad, if it's the soundalike it's bad bad

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Witchfinder General

Busey wore a Gingerbread man outfit when recording his lines.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I only have one of my annual Christmas movies left to watch in order to officially feel the Christmas spirit, and that, my friends, is Silent Night Deadly Night 2.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Witchfinder General

Christmas Evil is my must watch Christmas Horror movie every year.

broken sm57
Apr 5, 2015
While visiting my parents for the holidays, I rediscovered the genesis of my Vincent Price fandom in this insane Hanna-Barbera animated special where he does double duty as one head of a Troll King and as a kindly woodcutter who coverts that king’s son to Christianity.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Troll_Prince

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Santa brought me the Collectors Editions of The Fog and They Live, along with a pre-order for the CE of Prince of Darkness. These are the 4K remasters with the new documentaries and featurettes, spread over four discs each. That's me sorted for a while.

Anyone else find something nice, or at least suitably horrible, under the tree?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm nothing if not patriotic, so it's Black Christmas and some about-to-turn egg nog over here

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My favorite Black Christmas is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm watching Silent Night Deadly Night 2 on the biggest TV I have ever owned for the first time. It's 49", so not the biggest one available, but still. Seeing close ups of Eric Freeman's face this big has me howling with laughter. This rules :allears:

e: Also, Ricky and I are a lot alike

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Dec 25, 2018

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Watched Overlord at the dollar movies with my good friend and we really liked it. Recommend you do the same!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Zwabu posted:

Watched Overlord at the dollar movies with my good friend and we really liked it. Recommend you do the same!

Fine. What dates is your good friend available?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Zwabu posted:

I paid full price for it twice and I disagree. It sucks!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

LesterGroans posted:

Fine. What dates is your good friend available?

Hehehe

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CelticPredator posted:

I paid full price for it twice and I disagree. It sucks!
Why'd you see it twice if you thought it sucked? Haha

Although I can't really talk since I've done that before myself. I paid full price twice to see The Last Jedi and thought it sucked both times.

I disagree about Overlord, though. Sure, it's not great, but it's a fun enough little movie that's not like a lot of what you typically see in theaters. It's not going on my favorites of the year list, but I had a good time watching it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JordanPeele/status/1077564905258020864
:vince:

Seriously inject this directly into my veins RIGHT NOW

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Us looks real good.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Man, who expected Peele to be one of (if not the) beat horror directors of our time? Based off Key and Peele stuff, I mean.

Doctor Faustine
Sep 2, 2018

Coffee And Pie posted:

Man, who expected Peele to be one of (if not the) beat horror directors of our time? Based off Key and Peele stuff, I mean.

I’m actually not at all surprised Peele is good at horror. Some of Key and Peele’s best sketches have a darker bent to them, and, like comedy, horror is all about timing and delivery.

Also the trailer for Us is really good and I’m really hoping it isn’t showing it’s hand too much.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Zdp1RfoyI

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Absolutely phenomenal trailer.