Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
oh hey Shudder got Trick'R'Treat and Demon Knight

Trick'R'Treat - fun, at the beginning I was a bit worried that I had too high expectations since I've only seen it praised. It's pretty solid though and everything was nicely connected. Now I'm sad that the sequel never happened.

Demon Knight - lol this one lived up to the hype too. I don't know why I was expecting a higher budget movie but they spent the money where it mattered. Nice Aliens reference. Great cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

ruddiger posted:

Are there jojo style horror icons? I want to see Freddy Krueger with rock hard abs and a glint in his eye.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Please add to the op

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sqYEmAy9Dg

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Had to turn off Nightmare Cinema at the third segment.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

david_a posted:

Demon Knight - lol this one lived up to the hype too. I don't know why I was expecting a higher budget movie but they spent the money where it mattered. Nice Aliens reference. Great cast.

hell yeah.

hell yeah.

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?
This page is less than 10 posts in and it's already one of my favorites in the history of Something Awful Dot Com. :allears:

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Neo Rasa posted:

Please add to the op

can we make this picture the thread title some how

Horror Thread: Talkin' 'Bout Carvin' That Myers Butt Pumpkin

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I like that despite his head being a completely immolated mass of scars Freddy has the perfect torso of an underwear model.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wrap it up anti-Flanaganailures, Doctor Sleep is loving legit, and I say that as someone the book did not connect with at all.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Darthemed posted:

Aw, and over-alls Pinhead had already been done for them, too.

The expression on that guy's face. He's just like, "c'mon rear end in a top hat lemme go, I got places to be."

david_a posted:

Demon Knight is one of the best horror comedies ever made. The Scream Factory Blu-ray is amazing. When I was a child my biological father took my older brother to see it and had to leave when my brother puked after CCH Pounder's arm got ripped off.

Untrustable fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Nov 3, 2019

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

david_a posted:

oh hey Shudder got Trick'R'Treat and Demon Knight

Trick'R'Treat - fun, at the beginning I was a bit worried that I had too high expectations since I've only seen it praised. It's pretty solid though and everything was nicely connected. Now I'm sad that the sequel never happened.

Saw those too (Demon Knight was a rewatch), and had pretty much the exact same reaction to both.
It's weird, sometimes I want people in my horror movies to just not die, and in TRT every death sort of rubbed me the wrong way.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

married but discreet posted:

It's weird, sometimes I want people in my horror movies to just not die, and in TRT every death sort of rubbed me the wrong way.

I know what you mean. Any lesson the characters learn is pretty short lived since the majority of them die shortly after.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

david_a posted:

What’s a good horror movie for when you’re getting a cold :smith:

We got this far and nobody recommended The Stand? Jesus gently caress, people.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Jedit posted:

We got this far and nobody recommended The Stand? Jesus gently caress, people.

I didn’t take anybody’s advice and watched National Lampoon’s Loaded Weapon instead. Mistakes were made. That is a movie I wish I had kept as a pleasant memory.

I think I made it for it yesterday with the two at the top of the page, at least.

Adhesion
Sep 10, 2001

Next you gonna mention lifting up a nacho and seein' a big old terrified eye starin' at you
Maybe not quite horror, but I stumbled on this no-budget short on Youtube about a rat man and eyeball mutant living in grimy Soviet-occupied NYC and I'm sure someone in this thread needs to see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2w7rdC3uGc

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

married but discreet posted:

Saw those too (Demon Knight was a rewatch), and had pretty much the exact same reaction to both.

Except for the werewolf segment I totally agree. TrT was more enjoyable on a rewatch than I remembered but it’ll never be a yearly seasonal watch.

Demon Knight is great and Billy Zane beboping and scatting about is a blast but for an 85 minute it still manages to somehow spin it’s wheels in place at times. Also nice to see William Sadler get to take a bit of a lead.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Adhesion posted:

Maybe not quite horror, but I stumbled on this no-budget short on Youtube about a rat man and eyeball mutant living in grimy Soviet-occupied NYC and I'm sure someone in this thread needs to see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2w7rdC3uGc

its me i needed to

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Halloween 5: I guess I just didn’t remember how significant the gulf is between 4 and 5. 4 is stupid but fun. 5 is just brutally bad and has some godawful attempts at humor, with the keystone cops routine complete with goofy music.

5 is also the one so far that feels the least like fall in the Midwest. They didn’t even bother with leaves and stuff this time around, everything is straight up green and sunny.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

david_a posted:

I know what you mean. Any lesson the characters learn is pretty short lived since the majority of them die shortly after.

It’s not about people learning lessons, it’s about people getting revenge.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Blast Fantasto posted:

Halloween 5: I guess I just didn’t remember how significant the gulf is between 4 and 5. 4 is stupid but fun. 5 is just brutally bad and has some godawful attempts at humor, with the keystone cops routine complete with goofy music.

5 is also the one so far that feels the least like fall in the Midwest. They didn’t even bother with leaves and stuff this time around, everything is straight up green and sunny.
Yeah I agree, 4 was better than I was expecting. 6 just continues the slide and is quite a step below 5 even.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I watched them all this month and now I think H:20 was actually worse than 4 or 5. Sure it has Jamie Lee back in the role but the 90% of the movie that isn't her directly interacting with Michael is really boring.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've always been very low on H20 and had no qualms calling it worse than 4, 5, and even 6 when I rewatched them this month, but I'm even more down on it after watching Halloween '18. The only redeeming part of H20 was Curtis and what they tried to do with Laurie's trauma and fighting back but it was always a pretty poor job done by Williamson to write for the character instead of just his template and '18 just blew it away.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

H20 is a five out of ten which sometimes is worse than being a 1. At least spectacular fiasco dumpster fires are memorable. Until the showdown at the end I can’t remember a thing about H20.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

I find it hilarious how whenever this conversation pops up people forget Resurrection even exists.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

HALLOWEEN FILMS

Halloween
5/5

Halloween II
3/5

Halloween III
4/5

Halloween 4
3/5

Halloween 5
2/5

Halloween 6
1/5

Halloween 6 Producer's Cut
2/5

Halloween: H2O
2/5

Halloween Resurrection
2/5

Rob Zombie's Halloween
3/5

Rob Zombie's Halloween Director's Cut
4/5

Rob Zombie's Halloween II
3/5

Rob Zombie's Halloween II: Director's Cut
4/5

Halloween 2018
4/5

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Once Kvlt! harnesses the power of his raw Rob Zombie tat to deliver a stunning defense of "31" I will consider the thread to be in "money shot" status.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Okay, I get everyone has kind of accepted that H20 is ultimately pretty weak.

But if we take the moment where Jamie Lee Curtis screams Michael as a movie in itself, how do those two seconds rank?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Today I learned, while skimming through the entire 2000+ film inventory of tubitv horror films, that there are apparently a bunch of straight to video Krampus sequels? Did that movie scratch some particular itch that those needed to be made?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Timeless Appeal posted:

Okay, I get everyone has kind of accepted that H20 is ultimately pretty weak.

But if we take the moment where Jamie Lee Curtis screams Michael as a movie in itself, how do those two seconds rank?

5/5

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zwabu posted:

Today I learned, while skimming through the entire 2000+ film inventory of tubitv horror films, that there are apparently a bunch of straight to video Krampus sequels? Did that movie scratch some particular itch that those needed to be made?

I don't think there are any official sequels, but a bunch of Krampus based poo poo happened after Krampus came out and ruled.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Zwabu posted:

Speaking of, tubi really needs to beef up it’s search functions and add in years/decades or something because it‘s a serious pain in the rear end wading through all the horror titles they have released past the year 2000.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I won't concede that 31 is anything close to good until Kvlt! convinces me otherwise

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing
I got to meet Don Coscarelli in Portland this weekend for a special screening of the 4k Phantasm remaster and a showing of Phantasm II in 35 mm.

I'm going to concur with the op in that Phantasm >>> Phantasm II. Not because it's a bad movie (it is), but it felt more formulaic than the first one. Definitely worth seeing for the chainsaw swordfight and quad-barrel shotgun though!

EDIT: A really bad analogy; Phantasm : Manos: The Hands of Fate :: Phantasm II : Evil Dead.

48 Hour Boner fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Nov 4, 2019

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

48 Hour Boner posted:

I got to meet Don Coscarelli in Portland this weekend for a special screening of the 4k Phantasm remaster and a showing of Phantasm II in 35 mm.

I'm going to concur with the op in that Phantasm >>> Phantasm II. Not because it's a bad movie (it is), but it felt more formulaic than the first one. Definitely worth seeing for the chainsaw swordfight and quad-barrel shotgun though!

EDIT: A really bad analogy; Phantasm : Manos: The Hands of Fate :: Phantasm II : Evil Dead.

Phantasm 3 > 2 IMO. If you’re gonna make it a horror comedy go all the way. Also James Le Gros is a black hole of charisma as Mike in 2.

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

david_a posted:

Phantasm 3 > 2 IMO. If you’re gonna make it a horror comedy go all the way. Also James Le Gros is a black hole of charisma as Mike in 2.

Now I want to see a re-edit of Star Wars Episode 1 called "The Phantasm Menace", where Angus Scrimm replaces Darth Maul, his probe droids are silver spheres, and just before attacking Obi-Wan he shouts "BOOOYYYY"

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

The last Phantasm was god awful but I did enjoy seeing all the actors one last time.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

48 Hour Boner posted:

Now I want to see a re-edit of Star Wars Episode 1 called "The Phantasm Menace", where Angus Scrimm replaces Darth Maul, his probe droids are silver spheres, and just before attacking Obi-Wan he shouts "BOOOYYYY"

would

Boinks posted:

The last Phantasm was god awful but I did enjoy seeing all the actors one last time.

I’m scared of watching it. Part 4 was such a slog of garbage mythology literally no one cares about and I heard 5 is even worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Neo Rasa posted:

I find it hilarious how whenever this conversation pops up people forget Resurrection even exists.

Resurrection is the worst movie in all the major slasher franchises.