Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Hollismason posted:

Currently the best werewolf movie is still Silver Bullet.

DeimosRising posted:

It’s company of wolves by a mile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ruddiger posted:

Finally saw Little Monsters and was pretty disappointed with it. They really hosed up making the lovely white guy the lead instead of Lupita N’yongo.

Yeah. I thought it was fine and all but once it became clear the movie was basically a romance and redemption for the hugely unlikable guy I kind of just shifted my expectations and knew it wasn’t gonna be what I hoped. But it was ok for what it was. A zombie rom com?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Hollismason posted:

Its not fight me

Only if we’re getting hairy and shirtless first

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The new David Bruckner film, The Night House, sounds really good.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Good title.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Company of Wolves might have the best werewolf transformations but Ginger Snaps is the best werewolf film :colbert:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

gey muckle mowser posted:

Company of Wolves might have the best werewolf transformations but Ginger Snaps is the best werewolf film :colbert:

Agreed, Ginger Snaps will always be the best werewolf movie tbh tho I adore company of wolves ginger snaps is just PERFECT

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Late Phases is really solid.

The lead is channelling. Charles Bronson.
The (practical!) Werewolf looks like a somewhat goofy goblin.
It's fun

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Best werewolf movie discussion is making me think I'm having a stroke, where the gently caress is Dog Soldiers American Werewolf in London

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Howling II is the best worst werewolf movie.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Best werewolf movie is Ginger Snaps.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Boinks posted:

I’ve heard Howling III: The Marsupials is entertainingly terrible too (same director) but without Reb loving Brown how could it ever compare

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

married but discreet posted:

Best werewolf movie discussion is making me think I'm having a stroke, where the gently caress is Dog Soldiers American Werewolf in London

It's number 2 after Ginger Snaps in my book. I remember liking Dog Soldiers a lot too but it's been a while. I thought Silver Bullet was terrible but most posters here seem to like it so maybe I should give it another shot.

Late Phases is cool too but a step below the best ones.

Boinks posted:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It’s not a good movie, but I love the hell out of Full Eclipse. Mario Van Peebles is an LA cop who joins a black ops vigilante crew who all turn out to be werewolves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvVorV0v7sc

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
werewolves, you say?

:nws:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 26, 2020

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Might wanna spoiler those titties cheif

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

All the Ginger Snaps films are period pieces

Thermite
Aug 16, 2006

Huzzah!
I saw Color Out of Space last night and goddamn what a movie. People were laughing at Cage’s performance but I thought it fit perfectly with the tone. The climax alone is worth the price of admission. Can’t wait to see what Stanley does next.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Stink Billyums posted:

werewolves, you say?

as much as that movie rules, I don’t think it counts as a werewolf movie. the moon doesn’t actually turn him into a wolf, he just gets strong and does flips and stuff.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Ready Or Not really rules. Just watched it again, and it’s a huge crowd pleaser. It’s gross moments get a huge reaction and everyone’s cheering by the end.

grobbo
May 29, 2014
Perhaps after the success of Knives Out and Ready Or Not, Hollywood can finally pull out its finger and give us a second attempt at The Beast Must Die.

Even putting aside the obvious merits of a werewolf take on Agatha Christie / The Thing, featuring a bunch of the deranged super-rich trapped in a mansion together, that film just has a wonderful title. The world is sleeping on that title.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Thermite posted:

I saw Color Out of Space last night and goddamn what a movie. People were laughing at Cage’s performance but I thought it fit perfectly with the tone. The climax alone is worth the price of admission. Can’t wait to see what Stanley does next.

The Dunwich Horror!

I just saw it for the second time tonight, and for the most part I didn’t understand people laughing. I kind of understand people laughing at Cage, but there were also a lot of laughs at stuff like the mom/younger son fusion, which seemed more nervous than anything.

Movie was loving great, made me uncomfortable in the most Lovecraftian way.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Is COOS on a rolling release? It’s not playing anywhere around me yet.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

ruddiger posted:

It’s not a good movie, but I love the hell out of Full Eclipse. Mario Van Peebles is an LA cop who joins a black ops vigilante crew who all turn out to be werewolves.

I'd say it's very much a product of it's time and parts of it haven't aged well at all. Still, it's an interesting entry in the sub-genre.

As far as best werewolf films go, I'd say Company of Wolves, American Werewolf in London, Dog Soldiers and Bad Moon are must sees.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Best werewolf movie is Ginger Snaps.

That is a fine choice.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

gey muckle mowser posted:

Company of Wolves might have the best werewolf transformations

What's really cool is that every transformation is different.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Alhazred posted:

What's really cool is that every transformation is different.

Every story is tonally different too. It's not just a great werewolf movie or a great horror movie, it's one of the great movies of all time.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
You hype happy ghouls have forced me to go out and get tickets for Color Out of Space tonight. I hope you’re happy, you’re ruining my bedtime.

grobbo posted:

Perhaps after the success of Knives Out and Ready Or Not, Hollywood can finally pull out its finger and give us a second attempt at The Beast Must Die.

Even putting aside the obvious merits of a werewolf take on Agatha Christie / The Thing, featuring a bunch of the deranged super-rich trapped in a mansion together, that film just has a wonderful title. The world is sleeping on that title.

As long as I get my union mandated Werewolf Break.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Silver Bullet has Gary Busey. Its just unequivocally one of the best if not the best werewolf film ever made.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Any good expedition movies? Like a serious Congo? Lmao

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tertius Oculum posted:

Bone Tomahawk?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Green Inferno was pretty garbage.

I remember liking The Pyramid, but it got very mixed reactions. And I guess As Above So Below is technically exploration?

Season One of The Terror is as good as expedition horror gets IMO.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Jeremiah Johnson maybe? Unless your definition of expedition is more specific and not just a dude finding his way in the wilderness.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I mean, there’s always Cannibal Holocaust. Not everyone is willing to deal with that though.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Tertius Oculum posted:

Aguirre, The Wrath of God comes to mind right away, and I think you can even make the argument that it's a horror movie.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
YellowBrickRoad!

I remember liking Lost City of Z on the plane, but I have literally no memory of the actual movie, and it's not a horror.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lost City of Z is a great movie and looks like it's heading into horror territory but never actually gets there. Still good though.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
The guy who loves Zombie's Halloween movies should listen to In Myers We Trust episodes 11 and 12... Heh.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

T Bowl posted:

The guy who loves Zombie's Halloween movies should listen to In Myers We Trust episodes 11 and 12... Heh.

There are DOZENS of us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Ginger Snaps owns because I think its the only werewolf movie to finally explicitly tie lycanthropy to both puberty and menstruation.