Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Tonight I'm getting loaded on box wine and checking out Universal Solider: Day of Reckoning a second time to make sure it holds up.

Spoiler alert:it will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
There's a plague coming.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Peter Stormare in Constantine will always have my vote when it comes to Satan lists.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
I'm going to have a Scorsese moment and go on to say that if you don't "get" The Lighthouse, you don't get cinema.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
As a self-respecting cultured man I personally wouldn't put my dick in anyone who doesn't appreciate Eraserhead on at least a film-making level.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
I want to live The Greasy Strangler

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Is the Director's Cut of Doctor Sleep a good first timer's introduction to the movie?

I'm interested in the movie but I will be real, 3 hours is a tall order for me and I don't want to sit through another Watchmen- Ultimate Cut.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
"Horror fans" who don't care for the Zombie Halloween movies have no inner child, and are likely impotent.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

Neo Rasa posted:

Hardware fuckin' rules.

:rock:

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Mandy's Hell Bikers deserves to be on that list.

Every list.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
After watching Richard Stanley give Baskin a recommendation I decided to give it as spin and and it goddamn floored me.

Its a Turkish mix of Event Horizon and Hellraiser, with zero jump scares and zero cgi effects. Its a dark, gritty video nasty that America doesn't seem to make anymore.

I cannot wait to watch it again this October.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
If Fulci were born decades later than he had been he'd probably be the sort of creative that works on music videos exclusively.

As a gore whore I respect what he brought to the genre, but his movies are always disjointed affairs where the parts are more interesting than the whole.

That said, the shark vs zombie scene is immortal and holds a sacred space in Horror Mountain.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
I love Hereditary but thought that Midsommar was a safer and more derivative film made by a young talent who was perhaps scared to experiment and take risks with a bigger budget.

e: The psilocybin scenes are really, really well done and very accurate to the actual effects of a trip. It's probably the closest depiction I've ever seen on film to be honest.

TheOmegaWalrus fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 7, 2020

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
1. John
2. Carpenter
3. gently caress You

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

The_Doctor posted:

A film I see mentioned a lot in non-horror films with excellent horror sections is A Field in England. Anyone have opinions before I sit down to watch it?

Get wasted, and it might make a little sense.

You are in for a loving trip regardless.

e: on the weird coincidental topic of psilocybin, A Field in England has probably the second best depiction of actually tripping in cinema.

TheOmegaWalrus fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 8, 2020

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
It was established awhile ago that Dracula is actually a pre-modern incel.

Whereas Frankenstein, he fucks.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

STAC Goat posted:

Howard the Duck, Labyrinth, and that beast thing from the Never Ending Story scared the living poo poo out of me before that.

In a way, you can tell the children of the 80's because of the specific trigger that bulge created.

It's a mark.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
I'm a little surprised that the alt-right is even interested in conventional horror movies and it's publications.

I figure they'd use documentaries about immigrants to put themselves into that sweet "fight or flight" mode.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
*confirmed chuds*

1. S. Craig Zahler
2. Isaac Perlmutter
3. Joseph Goebbels

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
In the end, the most dangerous game was the friends we made along the way.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoJc2tH3WBw

Holy poo poo!

e: From the writer and director of A Ghost Story! That's no moon, that's my horror chub!

TheOmegaWalrus fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Feb 13, 2020

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Why arn't more horror movies, or just movies in general, drawing from Arthurian legends?

That poo poo is a goldmine of some of the weirdest, most fantastical stories that the human mind has ever conceived of.

We have Excalibur and that's loving it.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Actors read the lines they are given, that is an actor's job. If an actor says something racist or bigoted in media, it's because they were paid to do so.

Writers write those lines.

When a movie has such lines as-

quote:

Like cell phones, and just as annoying, politics are everywhere. Being branded a racist in today's public forum is like being accused of being a communist in the 50s, whether its' a possibly racist remark made in a private phone call or the indelicate treatment of a minority who sells drugs to children. The entertainment industry, formerly known as the news, needs villains.

and-

quote:

You know, I never thought I was a racist before living in this area. I'm about as liberal as any ex-cop could ever be. But now... we really do need to move.

That writer is a loving racist.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

In honor of Valentines day, I have an important question for this thread: What's the horniest horror movie of all time?

My nomination: Cats.

Flesh for Frankenstein.

It's not even close.

TO KNOW DEATH OTTO ONE MUST gently caress LIFE IN THE GALL BLADDER

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
You know, I hear yall's complaints about 31, but I think you misjudge the movie.

*calmly walks into another room*

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

If you've ever wondered what Green Room in the style of Hobo with a Shotgun would look like, VFW has ya covered

You have sold me on this movie.

I'll watch it this evening and report back.

If you gently caress me, you'll forever be looking over your shoulder for the wrath of the walrus.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
VFW report- 10 walrus tusks.

This is a movie I will watch every October until the end of time.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

Serious Party Gods posted:

Also another extremely "horny" spooker that hasn't been mentioned yet is "Night of The Demons"

Isn't that the film with the scene of a women inserting a lipstick cartridge into her areola?

I'm not sure if "horny" is the right descriptor for that.

I don't know if human language has a term for that.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Go Cannibal Holocaust or go home, bro.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
r_Zombie has entered chat.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
I was shocked to learn that the pinko, Bernie Sanders owned rag FANGORIA actually had a hand in making the beautiful gem VFW.

PS Bride of Re-Animator is fantastic sequel.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
I have seen Bride of Re-Animator a grand total of once and some of those special effects will always be with me.

Just.

Jesus.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
God I can't suck VFW's dick hard enough!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVChLTjhIPY

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
I re-watched Lost Soul: Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley, and it confirmed my suspicion that it would take a legit madman to successfully adapt an HP Lovecraft story to the bigscreen.

And he did.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Horror Thread:

I came in for a movie recommendation, I stayed for the cookware hot tips.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
What does Kvlt! want to be when he grows up?

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
A few days ago I re-watched Lost Soul, and last night I followed it up with Herzog's Burden of Dreams.

What other good documentaries are there about troubled productions?

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

The Senator Giroux posted:

Continuing on the Herzog train, have you watched My Best Fiend, the movie he made about Klaus Kinski? It’s not necessarily about troubled productions, but does show a lot of trouble Kinski caused with productions.

And in that same vein, is of course Please Kill Mr. Kinski

I have! The relationship between Herzog and Kinski is one of my favorites in all of cinema!

Even though Kinski made a lot of non-horror movies, working with him was an exercise in human suffering, which is it's own sort of horror so it counts.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Are we group fellating A24 studios again?

cuz' I'll suck the white off that dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
A bee will never sting a person who is true of heart.