Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

In

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Okay, time to rank em:
Phantasm >> Phantasm III > Phantasm II > Phantasm IV >> Phantasm V

A very good list to start the thread.

NoES:
1 > 2 > 3 > New Nightmare >> FvJ > 4 >> 5 > 6 >>>>>> remake

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

graventy posted:

Night of the Demons 2 > Night of the Demons >>>>>>>>>> Night of the Demons 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Night of the Demons remake

Demons 2 > Demons > Demons 3 >>>>> Demons 3 >>> Demons 3 >>>>> Demons 3

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

King of Bleh posted:

Detention has an opening so good the whole rest of the movie feels like it's just trying to live up to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq1PhGQtFoM

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

To be fair to them, mine has been in and out of storage for almost a decade. Things have crushed it enough to basically snap it.

Also thanks dudes re: pictures. I’ve mostly been doing avp photo shoots but I have a Neca ultimate leatherface I haven’t shot yet.really been meaning too. Maybe I’ll fire up TCM one night for inspiration and snap some pics

It would be neat to see you try to match some of the cinematography from it. Bit different than the neon stuff you normally do, which is awesome.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

Found footage vampire film where the monster is never captured on film due to thems the rules od being a vampire.

Makes me think of the glitch killer short from vhs

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Pomp posted:

Ruinous. Between the music and heavy stylization the kill scenes sucked me right in too

Give it another shot. Think of it as adding to the surreal dream like settings of most of the movies.

If it's not for you, sorry I love those Italian movies

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

This count?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Franchescanado posted:

I've never been bothered by bad ADR, especially for Italian flicks, so I don't really get how that can take you out of a flick, but you could always watch them in the original Italian with subtitles, which I find way more distracting in horror than lip syncing.

And this doesnt always work anyway since the actors would frequently speak their native languages on set.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lol it's like he wrote it just for kvlt!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Here's a weak quick pic I snapped before the sun went down, but this set is pretty goddamn sick. It comes with everything.

Haha this is cool. Looking forward to the set.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

I fuckin' love these two

Yeah they're all great but the second one u posted is incredible.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

This weekend is a super blood wolf moon

Fire up your werewolf flicks

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

What organization was this?

AIM seems like it'd be the best fit and they exist.

It was AIM, but I'm not sure if she was representing them during the speech.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacheen_Littlefeather

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Free Hollis

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

how can u free that which cannot be bound?

oh babe we both know he likes to be bound.

Or does he prefer to do the binding?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

I haven't watched it yet, but friends that have told me it's a lot more of a comedy and art world parody than a horror, which is fine by me. Roman J. Israel, Esq. was good and Nightcrawler was fantastic, so even if Velvet Buzzsaw is bad I'm not going to write off Dan Gilroy.

Yeah I enjoyed Velvet Buzzsaw a ton and was laughing almost every scene.

I do think the kill with the creeping paint was underwhelming but it also served a thematic purpose so I rolled with it.

It's not as good as Nightcrawler but definitely a good time.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Rush is trash.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Roger Corman , John Carpenter , Wes Craven , George Romero.

There that's America's Horror Rushmore

No HGL?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

If you're gonna have Corman then no need for HGL imo. Corman is everything HGL was just better and more prolific.

Hmmm I'm not sure i can cosign on this monuments construction.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Untrustable posted:

the guy who won't stop making Bad Ben movies.

Lol solid choice

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Kvlt!'s birth year movie was Get Out

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

InfiniteZero posted:

Birth year horror you say?

I'm old.

Such a great scene

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Zwabu posted:

I'm not recognizing it, what's the film?

The Bird with the Crystal Plummage.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hollismason posted:

It has to be at least the month you were born or then it goes closest to your b day.

I think Alien is closer to my b day than Phantasm.

If that's the rule, mine is The Unholy.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hollismason posted:

It's not horror but I kind of feel it falls in that category of exploitation homage but I watched The Man Who Killed Hitler and then Bigfoot last night , it stars Sam Elliot. Its got a lot of horror movie and scifi call backs in it. It fits in as a "redone" version of exploitation films of the 1970s where they had these amazing titles but with no delivery. This is the opposite the title is very literal but its more about the story of the man who does this. It's very good.

I think people here will like it , but don't go in expecting a exploitation title. Its more a character study on the man who does these things. It's very well acted, has some fantastic scenes , and has Sam Elliot pontificating on the actions of what it means to be a hero. Its also got a amazing soundtrack that feels like it was made 30 years ago.

It's a slow moving film though. It' not about the actions he took which you do see, but more about how this man in his late life has come to deal with those action and what it ultimately cost him.

It also has a matte painting.

Is this on Amazon or Netflix? I've been wanting to see this since I read the title and saw Sam Elliot was starring.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hollismason posted:

It video on demand I showed it last night but you missed it

I miss everything these days

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Burkion posted:

I'm not joking for the record.

Scarecrow (2002), Scarecrow Slayer (2003) and Scarecrow Gone Wild (2004) are all real things

You also have Scarecrows, probably the best one, Messenger 2 The Scarecrow

From there you gotta get more esoteric

But Haunting Hour, the other RL Stines kids anthology horror series which is actually really good and has a whole two parter about Christopher Loyd as a vampire grandfather who battles other vampire grandparents to save his grand kids from being eaten- it has a Scarecrow episode as well

A really, really good one, though one ending is WAY better htan the other so you gotta make sure which version you're watching first

Another:

Dark Night of the Scarecrow. Thanks for that one Lurdiak

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Jedit posted:

But enough about Victor Silva.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hey beautiful thread, whats the name of youtube found footage series with different spookies each episode? Has the guy wandering into the ocean to be with mermaids, the witch in a chair, etc.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Russian Guyovitch posted:

Documents interdit

Thanks! On YouTube its listed as Forbidden Files.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

I think the plan is to pin the crimes on Randy isn't it? And Randy is a known horror movie fanatic so that's why they're doing all that stuff to make it seem like a horror movie.

They were framing her father

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Franchescanado posted:

I thought JEH was sleep-walking through the role on that one.

I could never decide if it was him or the makeup

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Franchescanado posted:

Didn't JEH also flip script and start poo poo talking Freddy and/or the franchise as soon as the bad reviews started to pour in?

Yeah, it was pretty ugly. Lots of flat CGI. No texture. Freddy should be bumpy and a little slimy from the burns.

Not slimy enough is a complaint I have with a lot of horror movies.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hang in there bud. If ya need to talk pm.

I recommend Disconnected (1984) if you want something super low budget.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hollismason posted:

That kiddie pool is actually still in my basement.

Please don't make this about your fetish

Lol theres a body buried in your basement.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Did you watch my rec from the other day?!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

What was it again???? I'm sick as a dog so Ill watch it today.

Also the new thread title is insanely lame and uncreative.

Disconnected (1984)

Its very low budget, weird, and stars Frances Raines from the Mutilator

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

Will watch this today and report back. You never let me down tho so I'm sure it'll be good plus you know my taste. Love you <3

:3 <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Here's the pool

You know what you gotta do