Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's probably for the best, imagine if it had dragged on as long as the Hannibal series.

Hey now. The last season wasnt perfect but that ending was!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm with CP

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

What’s better to start with, Sus or Nu speria?

Do u have an hour and half or two and half hours?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

but isnt the dude like, fifty

Just adds extra charm to it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Demon Wind prequel looks slick as hell

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

gey muckle mowser posted:

That reminds me of Galaxy of Terror, where a guy gets raped to death by a giant alien maggot. I wanna say it's either Robert Englund or Sid Haig.

But galaxy of terror is good!

Also, your avatar is very pretty

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

M_Sinistrari posted:

At least I wasn't the only one thinking this. Still curious about it though.

Yeah it legit looks good, but all I could think of was Demon Wind lol.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

I’m a bad horror movie watcher because I don’t give many chances to low budget fair. I honestly just feel jealous they made a horror movie at all haha

I'd watch your horror movie fwiw. Itd be lit drat well

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

you want pm? just finished something

Sure!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

The newest Saw movie's twist is loving great.

I wish the rest of the movie was better. The laser collar kill is fantastic too

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I did! It’s an aight period piece, but the supernatural part is underwhelming. There’s not much reason to watch if you’ve seen the film.

I didnt think you watched TV tbh

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
:ohno:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Sorry for the double post.

Park Chan Wook is directing the next Blue Lives Matter Western from crypto-chud Craig Zahler!

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3551212/park-chan-wook-directing-violent-western-brigands-rattlecreek-bone-tomahawk-writer/

Thunderstruck! coming this fall.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I recently rewatched The Church and forgot that the score is a three way collab between Goblin, Keith Emerson, and Philip Glass. I want it playing in my head all the time.

It's so good. I throw it on all the time Haha. The club song "go to hell" is great.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Man he loving crushed that role. He's one of the main reasons its my favorite Romero flick

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yeah instead of 31 movies in October its 15-16 in may because youve made it halfway to the devils month.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Here's a link to last years

may horror thread!

Easy Diff posted:

Everyone should watch Lake Mungo. I've watched it 3 or 4 times now, and it's always amazing, especially since they had no script (just vague ideas of how each scene should go) and the actors were all amateurs/improv people.

Lake Mungo is really enjoyable. It gets a lot of love here.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Giallo films are definitely not classy, but they rule and you should watch them anyway. Might be fun to mix some of the essentials like The Bird with the Crystal Plumage, Your Vice is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key, etc, with some later stuff that's giallo-influenced like Stage Fright and maybe modern films like Amer or The Editor

Bird with the Crystal Plummage is top tier giallo.

Your Vice is good and has one of the best titles ever. I also rec Tenebre, Five Dolls for an August Moon, and Lizard in a Woman's Skin as some more well known and enjoyable flicks.

E: I have plenty of other recs too, but I just dont want to type out a 10+ film list atm. Lol

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 28, 2019

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Fulci musical please

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Stryder posted:

[b]Gordon attended the University of Wisconsin and soon after formed Screw Theater. In March 1967 Gordon produced The Game Show at the UW Memorial Union. The play, intended to be an attack on apathy, locked the audience in the theater and seemingly humiliated, beat and raped them (audience plants were used.) Every performance ended with the audience rioting and stopping the show.

Reminds me of Hi, Mom!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Pomp posted:

This thread is the first place I've ever seen anyone mention Hellevator, and I hope you're referring to Bottled Fools and not the lame reality show

Hoping its referencing the Japanese movie personally.

I had no idea its alternate title was bottled fools!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

I’ve never heard of it. Even when I listened to people discuss Cohen’s work, it hasn’t come up, or it came up so quick I missed it.

I think youd enjoy Q and the Stuff quite a bit!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Freddy on the ELM space station.

E: none of the dreams feature space

E2: the end scene is the reveal that the space crew is on a colonization mission with 1000s of people in cryosleep

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Apr 9, 2019

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

What are some horror movies of note about twins besides Blood Rage and Dead Ringers? Like not ones where "OH poo poo THERE WAS AN TWIN SIBLING THE WHOLE TIME!" is a twist but ones like these two where that's a given from the get go.

Disconnected (1984)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Just pretend it's two movies with the same name instead of a remake then

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Easy Diff posted:

Grave Encounters is my go-to and it is spectacular

This a real good one, but its definitely:

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Reality Show Crews In Trouble!-type setups.

The Last Exorcism is one I also like, it's about a priest who feels guilty for performing exorcisms he knows are fake and sets out to expose his tricks.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 13, 2019

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I didnt realize Dracula funding pro bat campaigns was a serious concern

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

Rats, bats, snakes, wolves, and bugs are all minions of Dracula and therefore are not to be trusted. Not sure what there is to joke about here.

On the subject of bats, The Bat is an underrated Vincent Price film that really doesn't have much at all to do with actual bats.

:hmmyes:

:drac:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

mikeycp posted:

this actually happens????

I haven't had it happen in years but in college my buddies got emails/letters several times threatening to cut off service if they kept pirating stuff

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I liked Dollhouse too.

:respek:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Pomp posted:

Seconding Hellevator

Thirded

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

To interrupt the ever exciting "what is horror?" conversation for a second:

you're a poser because you havent watched my rec yet

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

Fran reccomended the Lure to me a year ago and I just watched it. You're movie is next on the list <3

smh

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

Seen it, definitely liked it more than Hellhouse LLC.

Hell yeah.

Evidence is a blast

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I see two movies called Evidence that both look like FF, is the the 2011 about campers or the 2013 one about a gas station?

The camping one

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

Actually they're both better than Hellhouse LLC

Yeah but I actually like the camping one

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Bad Ben
Steelmanville Road: A Bad Ben Prequel
Badder Ben
Bad Ben, The Mandela Effect
The Crescent Moon Clown

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hundu watched some ff called meadowoods recently for the may challenge, there was another one posted too, deliver: beast within.

both free on tubi tv i think

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

weekly font posted:

Remind me what the directors follow up was called. Not Shirome. The one with THAT ending.

Occult

I'm also a big fan of Cult, another flick by him. Still need to check out his grudge vs ring. Need more Koji in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Holy moly, Butterfly Kisses is dope as hell.