Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Finally caught Color Out of Space. Minus the accent choices and even they weren’t so bad, the movie was awesome. I liked the concessions to making a movie regarding what was cut from/added to the story, and the visuals were incredible. I want to see it again in the theater, but we’ll see if I can catch it- it’s gone from my local indie theater in like two days :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

flashy_mcflash posted:

This was my exact feeling about CooS when I first saw it but I've seen it twice more since then and the Cage performance has grown on me. I think his unhinged performance emphasized how hosed up the experience would be for the kids in particular as things started to go south, but think he should have reigned it in some more in the first half of the film.

Yes! Totally agree. It wasn’t so off putting that it soured the movie for me. It’s hard to say when I think he should have amped it up though. It was a lot of little things here and there, especially after the meteor hit.

I think they nailed the horror of dealing with poo poo as an older child. I was in the “parents gone, watch your younger sibling” for huge chunks of my life and I cannot imagine having to deal with this.

On retrospect, one of my big complaints is the fact that the animation of the tentacle dimension was so amateur. I loving LOVED the zoom through the symbol on her head and the portal and the colors and everything, like it was so vivid and lovecraftian, seriously the perfect end to that movie for me, and I was fine with the weird crawl through the alternate dimension, but it looked a bit cartoony.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

aware of dog posted:

Someone should edit Color Out of Space to replace the vision of the alien world with the ending of Occult, bam, perfect film

Never seen it, got a YouTube clip?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
Cool, I’ll check it out. Are we talking about the 2009 j-horror film?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
So that was... something. I got to the scene you all were talking about and started cackling.