Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Shudder is not available in my country so I tried to access it via VPN (I could get Criterion to work that way, and access to the Netflix/Amazon Prime US movie selection) but Shudder complains about my credit card not being from US/England/Someothercountry.

Anyone knows some way to get around this?

Midsommar is only getting a release here next month, why have the Gods of Horror forsaken me :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Sarchasm posted:

Woof, agreed. I couldn't watch more than an hour of Nekrotronic. I'm down for some b-grade horror movies, but I'm sick of narratives about a mouth-breathing dude who inherits supreme power through his mystical birthright. Then you get to watch a supporting cast of competent people take turns sacrificing themselves to cover his fuckups and fall in love with him for no reason. No thanks, I'm good.

Yeah, the movie is pretty bad. I read the "capturing demons\ghosts on cellphones" and thought they'd do some SMT crazy poo poo but it's a pretty bland movie both in story and visuals

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
There's a Color out of Space movie with Nic Cage and they're doing Dunwitch Horror ? How did I not see anything about this until now :dance:

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

He definitely has PTSD, but he hasn't gone completely mad yet. He'll probably take some time off work to try and have a nice relaxing vacation in the sleepy little town of Dunwich. Just really kick back and spend a lot of time doing super safe activities like chilling in the library (and this is where movie two begins).

Even if as a minor character, he should keep appearing in other Lovecraft horror movies by accident while trying to live a mundane life.

*Chilling in some beach

*Fishman appears

“Oh not this poo poo again”

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Rewatched Hereditary, it has sooo many foreshadowing that I missed the first time

(hail satan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akx48dLnccQ )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Franchescanado posted:

The dude's behind The Void have a new movie coming out this year called Psycho Goreman, and the screenshots look fun.

YouTube Trailer

Sounds fun! I liked The Void despite it's flaws, and I'm interested in this follow-up. Sounds playful and gross.

Premiers at SXSW this month.

quote:

Siblings Mimi and Luke unwittingly resurrect an ancient alien overlord. Using a magical amulet, they force the monster to obey their childish whims, and accidentally attract a rogues' gallery of intergalactic assassins to small-town suburbia.

This looks awesome

:allears: