Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

With all rocks and papers vanquished, they turn on eachother...

I'm a semi-poser reading through this thread from the beginning to watch things discussed that sound interesting. I'm only halfway through mid-2019 but I wanted to give a progress report before I forget:

Leeches: Was craving a monster movie and this didn't really scratch that itch. About 60% of it is dry scenes of dialog between someone speaking English and someone speaking Spanish dubbed to English. Occasionally there's gold, like the business meeting scene. I'm docking a lot of points for the ending setting up a bunch of jerk kids around a campfire and having them not get attacked. Instead, 2 different men attempt to rape the same girl in succession and the girl is the one to get killed, in a horrifying way. That's way too mean for a movie this dumb.

Demons: This movie has a great opening act. Goofy themesong, creepy ticketman in the subway, cool subversion of the "ancient demonic relic" trope by making it a modern horror film that kicks things off. Once the carnage starts, it gets really choppy and hard to follow, with characters teleporting all over the place, and there's a lady who seems to work at the haunted theater and might know something, but the most she does is chastise people for smoking and appear in the background of random scenes. Tony the Pimp was a throughline, but he died way too soon. All is forgiven though once George gets a samurai sword and a motorcycle and seemingly becomes the coolest motherfucker on earth. The climax really, really follows through and gave me exactly what I wanted out of such a silly movie.

Night of the Demons: I think I watched this because someone called it an Evil Dead clone. That's accurate. This thing has way more buildup than it needs and no one dies until the 3rd act. After that it runs on fast forward and has some good moments if you can forgive it being excessively sleazy. Props to Reg for not only figuring out he's in a horror movie really early on, but really bucking the odds and surviving. The bookends with the razor/apple guy were probably the best part.

Phantasm: This is probably the most famous horror movie I hadn't seen. It owns. All the shots are lit in dynamic and interesting ways, there's enough creative ideas for 3 films jammed in, the visuals hold up and the soundtrack gave it a unique mood. The ending really sucked though. Edit: Also is there a fan theory about why the tall man turns into a woman, finds a victim then lets them fully finish inside him, and then he kills them?

Scissorfighter fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Jun 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

Interestingly, from your thoughts on these three movies I would strongly recommend Demons 2 and Night of the Demons 2, and Phantasm 2! Demons 2 is definitely more polished continuity and more creative with some of its effects, great soundtrack. I don't think anything in it matches the motorcycle/Fast As a Shark scene in Demons 1 but in general I prefer it to the first one. Towards the end of it there's a massive brawl/bludgeoning fight between everyone left alive in the parking garage and the demons that absolutely fuckin' rules. And also it's even more meta than the first one.

I just watched Demons 2 and it most definitely owns. Right away it fixes a flaw in the original by back Bobby Rhodes as a different character with more screen-time, and he's somehow even sweatier. I wonder what the subtext is of him dying via dick grab. They also brought back cutting to an unrelated group of people driving around town recklessly. Come to think of it, did they even make it into the main plot this time?

In the end it seemed like talk shows are the real monster, not horror movies? I don't really know what that studio with the rotating antenna and space sounds was supposed to represent. The rock music during the birth scene is so weird it had to be getting at something, right?

The kid demon was a massive ripoff of Gremlins, but ripping off Gremlins is a positive, IMO. The sound design for it was godawful though.

The main character's name is officially "George" like in 1, but a different actor and character. Also, his wife screams out "David!" when he comes in (which is his actor's name.)

https://i.imgur.com/8CwdJE5.png
https://i.imgur.com/XBUwdWM.jpg

It was a good time even if it wasn't nearly as memorable as 1. It's a rehash with a change in environment, but it makes use of its environment really well. Now to untangle the whole Demons 3 web.

Also watched Scream, Queen and it's great like you're all saying. Much heavier and more emotional than I was expecting. "My generation's gone" hit me.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Has anyone here seen The Revenant (2009)? I recall it being a very entertaining hybrid horror movie but I've literally never seen it mentioned since a few months after it came out and just randomly remembered it. An Iñárritu movie coming out a few years later with the same name probably didn't help its visibility. The writer/director also seems to have taken a 10-year break. David Anders plays the main character and he always seems a great character actor that never really took off. I hope I'm not misremembering and it's like a Boondocks Saints situation where it gets worse the older you are.

I mean the trailer isn't giving me the best vibes, but I don't think it represents the movie very well since I'm pretty sure the last act turns heavily sci-fi/fantasy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9yFQQ2zJzA

Scissorfighter fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jun 8, 2020

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Just watched Contamination on Shudder and thought it was pretty rad even if it didn't always have my full attention. Looking at the reviews, everyone is condemning it for being an Alien ripoff and... I really don't see it. Has eggs and chest explosions, yeah, but it's way more of a body snatchers thing. This has to hold the record for most chests exploded on camera, all drawn out and in slow motion. There's also something inherently fun about an alcoholic astronaut blasting away at hazmat-suited zombies with an Uzi.

Scissorfighter fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 9, 2020

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned "All The Boys Love Mandy Lane" so I decided to watch it. It's one of those "hey there's a twist coming, guess the twist, twist ahead" kind of movies where nothing really matters until you get the full context added by the twist they so heavily signpost, but it's not bad. What it stood out to me is it's the most "straight out of film school" movie I've ever seen. It should have been shot like a teen movie, but instead they cranked up the fake filmgrain, contrast and desaturation, clashing with all the scenes of teens being dumb teens. Half the shots are ruined by attempts at artiness, like one pointed directly at the sun so all you see is a giant lens flare. There's a scene that's obviously written as a montage of truth or dare questions, but they chose to do it in one shot so it's just characters asking questions in turn with no answers.

I had to look it up and sure enough, it's the director's first film, straight out of film school.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Re: "fun" horror: Night of the Comet is the most feel-good horror movie I've seen, but even saying that much might spoil the surprise.

Basebf555 posted:

I hope Lovecraft Country is like the next massive HBO phenomenon, maybe that would spark a new Lovecraft renaissance and we'd get a bunch of new adaptations or even that At the Mountains of Madness film we've been hoping for all these years.

How do people here feel about the novel? I skipped it on audible because I heard mixed things.

Scissorfighter fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jul 3, 2020

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Better Watch Out is fantastic. I tweeted at the director, saying how impressed I was with the script and specifically how hard it works at ensuring everything makes sense, and he seemed genuinely appreciative that I noticed.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

I spotted something magical in Ghosts of Mars:

https://twitter.com/dustin_gunn/status/1279390026866913281

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Stryder posted:

I think that's both the best and worst scene in a movie of bad scenes. Stiff competition from the martian warlord giving his inspiring rallying speech of "RAGABAGA! RAGABAGARAAAAAA!"

I found it while looking for the clip I remember of a woman (turns out it's Clea DuVall) casually dodging flying sawblades until she (equally casually) gets decapitated by one. Found that part too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUchY9Hw48A&t=107s

Everyone in that movie acts like they're LARPing.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Shrecknet posted:

What I love about Underwater is that it doesn't start with 20+ minutes of faffing about learning about the lives of these characters. There's an underground earthquake in the first 2 minutes of the movie, and it's full steam ahead from then on. Characters are introduced as they're rescued and we learn about their relationships to each other through dialog and action. It's probably the most economical script I've ever seen. 89 minute runtime and they wring every last second of action out of it they can.

The downside to that is I really struggled to care about anything happening during it. My main positive takeaway was that Kristen Stewart is completely suited to being a badass action hero protagonist even if I don't remember anything about the character itself.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

I gave up halfway through season 3 and have never really been tempted to give it a shot again. The quality drop-off from the season 2 finale and the season 3 premier is staggering.

I watched The Wailing last night and I thought it was great but needlessly confusing to serve its twist. One moment in particular: The shaman performs his ritual, and at the same time we see the Japanese stranger dying. This is a misdirect that I didn't understand and hindered my understanding of the rest of the film. I thought it was proof that the shaman wasn't aligned with the demon, and of course he is. So the accepted explanation is that the stranger has regained control, is performing his own ritual and is putting the demon into a corpse. That's a lot of stuff to leave open to interpretation, but maybe I'm just dumb. Maybe it's meant to support the film's themes of how opaque good and evil can be? Regardless, it's pretty fantastic. It fits into the South Korean cinema formula of a comedic first act and a melodramatic 3rd act, but that poo poo works.

Scissorfighter fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jul 6, 2020

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Also re-watched Wishmaster last night because I have fond memories of how bad it is and yup, it still mostly sucks rear end but the practical effects are great - right at the start of the movie in the cursed city where the skeleton just peels himself out of a guy's body to go chase some other guy kinda ruled. All the practical effects are solid, the digital ones have dated so, so badly. But Andrew Divoff is so fun to watch as the Djinn causing various people awful deaths with a creepy grin. Also forgot just how many horror film people are in it even for a tiny cameo: Robert Englund for a start, Tony Todd, Ted Raimi, Kane Hodder, Tom Savini, Ricco Ross.

Disagree on it being bad. Wishmaster 1 and 2 are very watchable due entirely to Andrew Divoff being incredibly charismatic and the addictive nature of the monkey paw-esque wishes. The sequels past 2 fail completely on both counts.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12057580/

This has got to be the most a horror franchise has ever gone off the deep end. I can't believe they skipped Amityville in space and went right for Amityville sharks. I guess "franchise" is a stretch since it's public domain and open game for anyone with a phone camera.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Going through the Maniac Cop series since it's been added to Shudder. Just watched Maniac Cop 2 and it had me wondering: Can something be considered a B-movie if it's as well-done as this? Every shot in this film looks fantastic; genuinely oscar-worthy cinematography, especially in regards to the lighting setups.

The stunts and action scenes are great for the era as well, featuring things like a man on fire, throwing another man (also on fire) into a 3rd man on a balcony. Robert Davi also gives a way better performance than he needed to as a detective that stepped right out of a classic Noir film.

The movie dead-ends hard and the plot goes nowhere, but the individual scenes are so entertaining that it doesn't hurt the experience much. Cordell deserved to be a horror icon. Hope the 3rd one doesn't poo poo the bed!

Edit: 3 was definitely worse than the first 2, but it had some highlights. Its political message is horrendous though, as it implies police brutality is an invention of fake news, and criminals just abuse those pesky human rights we give them. The whole series is pretty incoherent when it comes to messaging, especially with how Matt Cordell becomes more and more heroic with each entry.

Scissorfighter fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 31, 2020

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Burkion posted:

Maniac Cop 2 is a great movie to just watch. Just, please, do not try to make sense of the loving thing, it will not work. You will not understand, you will not pass go, you will not collect one hundred dollars.

You will get killed by a cop tho

I imagine it's probably great to just look at on mute since the visual style is so consistently interesting. The biggest disappointment of 3 is that they switched cinematographers. It's especially jarring since 3 steals establishing shots from 2, so you get reminded of the greatness that's now lacking.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

The Pool (on shudder) is the dumbest movie I've ever seen and I recommend it 100%. Imagine a series of coincidences like Final Destination, but there's no Death presence controlling things. That doesn't really cover the half of how dumb it is though. The inciting incident is the protagonist being told that the 6-meter pool he's in (with no ladder) is being drained, which he ignores, deciding to take a nap on his raft as the water lowers. Early on, a crocodile clumsily falls in the pool, and mostly just hangs out for the rest of the film, waiting for an opportunity to gank the hero. My favorite part is when he needs some duct tape (which was conveniently tossed in the pool for no reason at the beginning) and finds it just sitting dead center in the croc's open mouth, like the golden idol from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

There's also his friendly dog leashed nearby. The dog literally commits suicide by jumping into the pool (while still leashed) for no apparent reason, except there's the implication that the dog knew the hero could use the leashed corpse as an impromptu escape rope. My jaw was on the floor at this point. Thai cinema is wild.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

married but discreet posted:

The dog suicide makes sense in the Rube Goldergesque logic of the film. At one point the dude loses his dogwhistle in the sewer ladder and later his pregnant girlfriend, as she is drowning from the owerflowing rain, blows the whistle in a last attempt to summon help. The dog, hearing it, runs and jumps, and the rest is history.

That does make more sense. I kinda wish it were the dog deciding to make the ultimate sacrifice because he knows the girlfriend is in trouble. I assumed it was that because the dog seemed to have human-esque behaviors earlier with the pizza scene. Also, I appreciate that his name was "Lucky."

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Reading back a few pages and just want to say these lines are high art.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

There are moneyed white supremacists that might throw you a bone. They might make a Goosebumps book with a white child protagonist. This will make you feel that you are in control.

In other respects, that is delusional. You are not in control.

Just watched Wrong Turn (2021) and boy was that a massive bait and switch; in a good way I think. I was teetering on whether the movie was dumb or just struggling with its high ambition and I ended up with the latter opinion by the end. I'm not sure what the general opinion of it is since I checked the Amazon reviews afterwards and they were all whining about it being an "sjw wokefest." I genuinely have no loving idea how they came to that conclusion. I guess the characters insult the confederacy and 2 of them are gay?

It kinda felt like that Simpsons parody of the "to serve man" Twilight Zone episode, with each of its many twists becoming more and more extreme. All in all, I felt it had a lot more value to add to the world than yet another mutant cannibal movie. The villain owned, even if his moral grandstanding was inconsistent with him doling out the cruelest punishment imaginable for the most minor of infractions. The last shot especially owned and I'm not sure how they did it.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

I’m glad I skipped the RLM review where they poo poo on it for 45 minutes. That sounds as bad as people thought kills was

Their main thesis was the movie took itself too seriously, and I thought it was pretty obviously a farce played straight. The scene where the firefighters all line up with their tools as weapons to fight Michael instead of asking if he's okay (or if they recognize him, running away) was loving hilarious. Especially the circular saw guy. The whole movie has people trying to fight him to hilariously bad results. The one character that runs and hides is the only survivor.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Chucky continues to rule. Such a good fuckin show

It is. I think they'll need to do a lot more work if they want me to sympathize with Lexi though. She's the worst kind of crybully. I also rewatched the whole series between episode 3 and 4 and it has to be the most consistent of the big, neverending horror franchises. Even the bad ones (3 and Seed) aren't, like, Hellraiser sequel bad.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Speaking of David Arquette, I just watched "Spree," which is probably the most accurate of the social media horror movies, despite being something of a satire. Joe Keery's performance as a psychotic cringelord clout chaser is really loving good, imo. Arquette plays his loser DJ father, and I'm not sure how much of it was acting but he was drunk off his rear end for the entire movie. I notice people knocking the movie for "tone inconsistency" which is a complaint I see in a lot of movies I love, but it has a very gradual slide into darkness which really works for me. The same thing happens in like 90% of South Korean cinema and it owns.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Watched Rob Zombie's Halloween 2. It has a reputation for being the most "out there" Halloween, and I guess the stupid, actual, non-hallucination Myers ghosts qualifies it, but what people didn't mention was how boring and predictable it is. I guess I didn't predict both Loomis and Laurie being character assassinated, to be fair. Loomis is now a Big Bang Theory character who everyone thinks deserves to die because he wrote a book (Does Rob really hate Truman Capote or something?) and Laurie has devolved into a feral child who can only communicate in screaming fits. I can't really think of a less nuanced portrayal of trauma. 2 hours though, goddamn. Half of it is endless, samey kill scenes that are so rote you could call out the exact second Michael pops up.

I'm really not sure what Rob was trying to achieve. It's not scary (since it has no main character you'd feel tension for,) it has even less plot than the original Halloween II, and the bad pacing and boring kills prevented me from enjoying it like a trashy slasher movie. Credit where credit's due though; the movie looks great. All the night shots were dripping with atmosphere, especially with its use of lighting (3 different scenes where car headlights were reflecting off fog and cutting silhouettes.) Also Brad Dourif is perfect as usual and manages to elevate all his scenes with a feeling of genuineness.

A master editor could probably get a nice 80-minute mood piece from this. I'd like to give Rob more chances (only seen HO1KC and Halloween 1/2) since his visual style is so distinct and cool, but I'm really not feeling his scripts.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Burkion posted:

Slasher films are some of the few that have close to equal kills

Though that quote never sat right with me- and its something he's distanced himself from later so I think he realized what kind of thinking it bordered on- because it always struck me as weirdo 'its not fair that men die more than women' reactionary nonsense

He's a pretty cool dude though and I definitely think it was just a weird bugbear he had that he got over.

I think in the podcast he said that most deaths are men because of the huge amount of police/technician/etc victims and all those roles are filled by men in these movies (except Slumber Party Massacre which has a female technician.)

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Chucky continues to be good. Fiona Dourif made up to look like her dad is really eerie. And eeeeee, the baby gays! :3:

She did a better young Brad Dourif than the other woman did a young Jennifer Tilly. Also never really thought about it before, but Charles hijacking the body of his daughter to have lesbian sex with his wife is some weird psychosexual poo poo.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

I guess I assumed part of the reason she was cast was because of how much she looks like her father, but apparently that role was auditioned for. She kills it though, especially in Cult.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Basically what works about Chucky is that Mancini keeps adding character and stuff that even when it doesn't totally work it keeps everything moving and unpredictable.

Mancini's also really good about keeping a high level of continuity while having every entry feel like their own thing. Except Seed, which felt like the inbred cousin of Bride.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

When does the show "Dark" get good? Watched 2 episodes and it's been a real struggle. Every character is maximum brood and showing no personality, and the conflict/mystery is so vague it's hard to care so far.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Burkion posted:

How much do you like convoluted soap opera bullshit

General consensus on the show was really high so I thought maybe it was a grower, not a shower.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Finally watched Black Christmas (OG) and was starting to think it was overhyped because the first 40 minutes is a bunch of fluff (Mostly following the housemother, who dies on minute 40 and has no impact on the plot.) I started to appreciate the weird structure and goofy characters. THEN, the mundane slowness starts paying off, getting me immersed in the world. Compared to later slasher movies, almost nothing happens in the climax, and yet it's scary as gently caress. It's only the 3rd of the genre to scare me, along with Halloween 1 and Scream 1. That final long take across the dark, empty hallway. Billy doing his Billy thing. Such a great villain somehow, despite us learning literally nothing about him.

Movie owned. I don't know if I'd cut any of the weird filler scenes. I guess Paranormal Activity got me the same way, using a lot of seemingly mundane and redundant scenes to immerse you.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

From what we've seen so far in the series Alex Vincent isn't gonna be a main character, there's only 2 episodes left and he hasn't really appeared that much up to this point. The main cast is a lot better than he is so I'm fine with keeping him in as a legacy character to connect back to the original films.

The guy playing Andy in CP3 was really solid but he's long retired, it seems. You'd also lose legacy points by hiring Andy 2 (and he'd also be too old since Child's Play 3 takes place 7 years in the future. It's canonically set in 1998!)

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

surf rock posted:

Finally watched The Thing. I know that this movie initially got a horrible reaction, but goddamn, it's a perfect film.

The Thing was basically completely forgotten in the '90s. I think I discovered it in the mid 2000s and was confused at how this movie that was 100% my poo poo was kept from me for so long. Kurt Russell, Antarctica, flame throwers, the most alien of any alien ever shown on screen, with mind-blowing effects. How is that not the perfect movie? Shame on 80s filmgoers and reviewers.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

I also think that King is a creep. People defend all the weird pedo and sex stuff in his books "Oh he was on drugs" etc.

Well I've been on drugs too and I never wrote a bunch of gross perv poo poo.

I'm pretty sure King was a victim of CSA which is why he deals with a lot of weird poo poo in his books. He always writes scenes from the perspective of the victim. Like, Gerald's Game's flashbacks ring as autobiographical to me.

Edit: And his best book is "The Long Walk." It's weird that it was never adapted to film since it directly inspired the entire battle royale/death game genre (and no, I don't count the most dangerous game as a death game. Hunting isn't a real game.)

Scissorfighter fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 23, 2021

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Rewatching the Scream franchise. I got 20 minutes into 3 before I had a hunch and checked IMDB. Yeah, Kevin Williamson didn't write it. The characters lose all the development they got in Scream 2, especially Gail. Cotton is also portrayed as a "controversial" ex-con, which is weird for a character who had a year of his life stolen and didn't even want revenge. He didn't touch Scream 5 either, so I'm not going to be holding my breath for that one.

Seems like the production was also a complete disaster. Wes Craven was coerced into making it so the studio would greenlight "Music of the Heart" and they only had Neve Campbell for 20 shooting days.

quote:

Kevin Williamson was unavailable to return to writing duties, but he did write an outline for the film. Ehren Kruger all but ignored the outline, and his script was written mostly on the fly, with pages usually completed the day they were to be filmed. The characters bore so little resemblance to their appearances in the prior films that director Wes Craven did re-writes.

Goddamn, so the characters started off even worse.

Scissorfighter fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 23, 2021

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Most important observations about the Screams:

Scream 1: Stu and Billy were absolute lunatics the entire time and somehow the reveal that they were the killers was still surprising. They're so fun to watch; best slasher villains imo.

Scream 2: Killers barely got any screen time as themselves, which was unfortunate. I wanted more Tim Olyphant as Tarantino. Cop car was the best set-piece in the series.

Scream 3: ??? https://twitter.com/dustin_gunn/status/1463089856062496771

Scream 4: Good satire of reboots, with Sydney ending up battling her rebooted self. Some of the kills were turned into jokes though, which sucks rear end. Even Scream 3 never did that. "gently caress Bruce Willis" was the worst scene in the series.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

Yeah, watching High Plains Drifter for the first time with my parents was a bit squirmy there at the beginning :yikes: They didn't show anything on screen because it was the 60s, but they also casually dismissed sexual assault because it was the 60s.

If only the original alien could have been identified as easily as 'looks dishonest' :allears:

H8 is OK, I feel it suffers from a lot latter-day Tarantino 'less than the sum of its parts'-itis where individual scenes are cool and good but mashing them all together into a movie feels jumbled and weird. Felt the same about Django and Once Upon a Time. It is however a fantastic example of why you don't bring in a voiceover narrater 90 minutes in; so weird and jarring.

While I enjoy all those movies quite a bit, you're definitely feeling the loss of Sally Menke's editing. The editing from Inglourious Basterds to Django was a pretty big downturn.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

I still can't get over Devon Sawa being all dilfy in Chucky. He looks like a completely different person now.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Chucky: The whole scene where Junior kills his dad and then slowly starts singing "We Got The Beat" was impressively bonkers and hilarious. Next week gonna own.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

I left my backpack at school once (9th grade) and got called into the principal's office where they interrogated me over some pencil concept art I had in my notebook for a zombie game I was making with Multimedia Fusion. Motherfuckers really thought I was a school shooter because I was trying to make a Resident Evil ripoff.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Harminoff posted:

Help I stumbled onto Tubi and can't stop watching these horrible b horror movies. )What's your favorite?)

This one is pretty great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2HgzixB8SU

This trailer is great, gonna watch this garbage right now.

E: "The sand ate him, it devoured him. It was chemicals. Chemicals! There was a spill or something, like oil or something..."
"That's BULLSHIT! Oil does NOT do that!" :lol:

E2: It seems like a major part of this movie is an angry fat guy stuffed into a trash can and so far he's the highlight. Also, 99% of the shots in this movie are closeups so I can't even tell how close trashcan guy is to the rest of the survivors.

Scissorfighter fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Nov 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

It turns out the main weakness of the sand monsters is shoes. If they had a single pair of shoes then the situation would have been a non-issue. It takes them until the 3rd act to think of wrapping their feet with towels. Really enjoyable B movie though. Paces out its baffling set-pieces nice and evenly.