Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

TheBizzness posted:

The funny thing about Devon Sawa growing up to be so strange looking is that the girls were freaking head over heels for him in the mid 90s. Casper and Now and Then Sawa was tight there with JTT and Leo in the minds of preteen girls.

Ok thank you for this. Between the talk of him being ugly and me looking him up to confirm he is pretty weird looking I was really confused in my memories of him being a teen heartthrob type at one point. The screams in my theatre for him and JTT for the wild america movie preview has really stuck with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Danger posted:

I had a chance to see a review screening of Midsommar and liked it quite a bit. I loved the sun drenched, vegetative aesthetic of it. It is a slow, long dreadful build up even more so than Hereditary, but the last quarter are pretty completely insane. If you happened to read the script that was out a few months ago it really elevated it.

I’m extremely excited for this movie. That script is NUTS

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
That Quiet Boy short story was pretty good and I want more of that but not sure the movie will scratch that itch

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Lumbermouth posted:

It kills me that Richard Ayoade doesn't think he's a good actor because there's no one else in the world who could have played Dean Lerner as well as him.

I really thought he was set to blow up, Russel Brand style stateside when The Watch came out

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Gripweed posted:

You thought he was going to have a very small and brief explosion? Like, you thought Ayaode be the lead in a movie as big as Get Him To The Greek?

2010-12 he starred in 4 movies, had a late night talk show, hosted an awards show, and hosted Saturday night live so pretty good and yea in my opinion he was set for a similar run. Hope it’s cool with you that I thought that

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 24, 2019

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
poo poo the AICN chat is taking me back. It was a huge site for Lost fans for sure

_____ has a beer and cheats on _____

____ gotta eat

Other stupid catch phrases etc.

Wasn’t all bad though, Moriarty went on to pretty good things and wrote a few movies and Vern was a great read.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

veni veni veni posted:

No joke, as a little kid this movie scared the poo poo out of me more than anything else for some reason. I still have no idea why to this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzZ0XO4ly1g

.....attaboy LUTHER!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What’s a good site for horror movie posters? Need to grab a couple

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Injuryprone posted:

Does anyone know the name of the movie where the main character kills whenever he gets into a socially awkward situation? I think it's a one word, name, title.

Voices?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Need identification for a movie that may not be out yet but the trailer was shared

Documentary style horror of a creature that only appears when you stare at a tunnel for x amount of hours and then stalks every time you close your eyes.

Can’t remember the title and google is not helping me

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Tarnop posted:

Butterfly Kisses

THANK YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
That ending is truly something loving else. Gonna stick with me for years

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Not as gross as it seems since he was in on the heist

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

weekly font posted:

. I’ve heard the young lead referred to as a live action Tina Belcher

:yeah:

*louise belcher

In case anyone hasn’t seen it

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Franchescanado posted:

Yeah, there's plenty of imagery that's borderline horror, and there's a supernatural current throughout. (At least the seasons I've watched.)

It's also really funny. I would have watched it years ago if people talked about how funny it can be, and not selling it as just a crime drama.

Someone describing it as actually a comedy is what got it to click for me and I loved it.

Tried twice before watching as typical crime drama series and couldn’t get into it

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

sethsez posted:

final shot defangs the threat

Nice.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

RobbZombae posted:

IHave you seen the Nightmare documentary about sleep paralysis? It wasn't too bad and it's a super interesting subject.

Just a warning, if you suffer from sleep paralysis this documentary likely will trigger it. It did with several people I know

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
So screwfly again? Kind of hoping for more than that

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I read that scene, said huh that’s weird probably could’ve left this out, then continued the book about the clown killing people and enjoyed it

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Barely out of the 90s but wasn’t Dreamcatcher lighter in tone? A bad movie, but I do remember comedic elements

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Re: Skinamarink Is the “in this house” thing repeated in the actual movie?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

dorium posted:

Nah but there’s other repeated things.

Thank you

Yea I can’t watch that. Sounds like imagery is scary enough but the repeated phrases on top is too much for me

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
The drug scene reveal and the aliens feeding on the rain for me. And it’s been at least 20 years since I’ve seen it

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
To be fair iirc most didn’t know the last thread was the horror thread for years

Just a thread for best circumcision scenes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Curious how they’re making a movie from that short. I know he’s had a few adapted that worked but this seems like a weird choice