Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Has anyone seen I Trapped the Devil? Is it worth a watch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Kvlt! posted:

id like to know too ive had my eye in this one

I'm gonna watch it tonight after Warriors/Rockets, the concept seems cool

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Kvlt! posted:

two drat people watched i trapped the devil last night and NEITHER reported back

I ended up not being able to watch until tonight! I liked it, though not without its flaws. it was a pretty efficient, self-contained movie, and definitely worth a watch. I loved the atmosphere. I enjoyed it.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 05:23 on May 12, 2019

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

R. Guyovich posted:

i had to stop watching starry eyes 20 minutes in to go to work but i hope these terrible la people die

Oh man I loved starry eyes. I had totally forgotten about it for some reason but I should watch it again

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I just watched The Blackcoat's Daughter and I thought the first half did a really good job of building up a sense of dread and then it just...didn't connect, at all. It was an A24 flick I think so maybe this isn't surprising.

Also I fuckin loved The Void. I might watch it a second time after reading everyone talking about it in this thread.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Windows 98 posted:

Finally got around to watching the new Evil Dead Rise. I thought it was solid. I would be ok with a few more Evil Dead movies if they were all that quality or better. I was going to write a whole thing about how Evil Dead don't miss, but then rememebred Army of Darkness exists. (I can hear your boos, and I am right)

You’re wrong about AoD. That movie owns.

I watched Rise recently too. I liked it. But I dunno, it felt like it was missing something? Maybe it was the setting or something else, but it didn’t quite feel like it had the charm I expected from an Evil Dead movie. That’s probably too high a bar, though; and I don’t want to be too critical, it was a solid movie for sure.

I’m about to watch THE POPE’S EXORCIST (update I’m 5 minutes in this movie already rules)

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jun 18, 2023

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Hollismason posted:

The Pope's Exorcist loving slaps and it just goes balls out crazy at the end which is fantastic. It's real good schlock.

I’m like 40 minutes in and it’s absolutely delightful so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Hollismason posted:

The Pope's Exorcist loving slaps and it just goes balls out crazy at the end which is fantastic. It's real good schlock.

So glad I watched it. It was cut-rate Exorcist meets cut-rate Da Vinci Code and it was amazing. And they set up 199 sequels!