Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

gey muckle mowser posted:

Saw Underwater this afternoon, it was pretty decent. I did not expect it to be a stealth Cthulhu movie

I've heard this and makes me really excited to check it out. Tho I still giggle when i think about it being shelved very quietly two years ago because of TJ Miller and it suddenly showing up for a January release and turning out to be decent. What a turn of fortune I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Irony.or.Death posted:

What sort of hosed up monster wouldn't be engaged with Eraserhead?

A lot of people. I ruined a good chance at getting to third base one night because I was excited to show off my taste in movies and didnít really think that one through. Younger me was an idiot.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

did anyone else get an annoying amount of clapping and cheering during Cage's scenes? like i get he's kind of a meme to a lot of people now, but come on. there were some genuinely moving/disturbing scenes being cheered over like it was a football game. I'm talking hooting and hollering and yelling at the screen.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Franchescanado posted:

There was laughter when he's having the breakdown over the car not working. Which is weird. I guess it's kinda funny, but really he's just freaking out with complete desperation and feels trapped and insecure and a failed father and crazy poo poo is happening, and I was really impressed with how Cage just went all in. I get a sense of sincere vulnerability with that kind of extreme emotion; it's a moment that you have when you're all alone. Just like the bathroom breakdown in Mandy. To laugh at it is a little weird. But people think Cage is funny.

yea there was that and the attic scene with him telling the kids he's gunna handle it, that was just cheering and applause like the terminator just came into the room and started blowing people away. I just didnt get it I guess.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Shrecknet posted:

Underwater is the first time I made it a priority to see a horror movie in theaters twice since GET OUT. It really is an experience that only works on the big screen.

its not playing anywhere near me anymore

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Drunkboxer posted:

Yeah the cg is a bit bumpy but overall I think itís a fun time. Definitely a good adaptation. The festival I saw it at was running a NC17 cut of Hardware right before it, Iím bummed I missed out on that.

edit: The trump voice was a little weird but shine on you crazy diamond

edit2: Amateur Farmer/Bourbon Connoisseur

A WHAT?!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Burkion posted:

Wait wha-

Oh my God he wrote the Burning

That explains and raises so many questions

it really really does.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The Lodge is a good movie, and that's all I want to say about it. It's the kind of movie you really want to go into blind.

The only question i have about the lodge is if the trailer I saw last year, which didn't indicate any direction for the movie other than "SPOOKY" is more indicative of the direction of the film whereas the latest trailer cut that i saw in front of color out of space, indicates CULT poo poo. because i kinda wish they hadn't made that trailer if so. that was a bit of a let down to see them divulge that much info.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Franchescanado posted:

Seconding the Maniac remake. Really disturbed me the first time I saw it. Really impressed with Elijah Wood on that one, and how well the cinematography and direction made me feel implicit with the crimes I'm watching.

hell yea. havent felt that grossed out by a movie in a long time.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Ready or Not was delightful. Iíve seen it twice now and enjoyed even more the second time around.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

COOL CORN posted:

Holy poo poo, Maniac was good.

hell yea it is. maybe I should rewatch that and then Come to Daddy

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Iíve only ever seen the USA Network cut so, very little sense

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Hereditary feels like a Friday night movie.

Midsommar feels like a Sunday afternoon movie.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Carpenter
Romero
Cronenberg

easy peasy.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Origami Dali posted:

That zombie holding the birthday cake head is iconic tho. And The Crate, man! I think the only forgettable segment from the original Creepshow is the Ted Danson ocean ghost revenge thing.

that segment hosed ME UP as a kid. being buried like that with the ocean coming at you.

I still hate the ocean till this day.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Shrecknet posted:

Related: I got another email from a Kickstarter from 4 years ago that apparently is finally happening with "My Gay Nightmare," a documentary by Mark Patton about his experience on NoES 2 and being a closeted gay man in the 80s.

had no idea that was a thing. i had the luck of meeting him at a showing of NoES2 when Peaches Christ was doing a drag show showing of it at the Castro theater. They had a whole performance before the screening of a whole lotta drag queens re-enacting the movie in 15 minutes. It was pretty spectacular. Nice dude.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Xenomrph posted:

Sounds like someone didnít stay for the post-credits scene.

when Meg and Amy finish putting together their iron man-esque armor and reveal themselves to the town, whew. cant wait for the sequel.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

alf_pogs posted:

Id award him a free lifetime subscription for that

just get a dumpster truck full of Fangoria mags featuring stuff like Jennifers Body, Teeth, It Follows and Ginger Snaps and dump them on their front lawn.

problem not solved, but hilarious nonetheless.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

so who said this movies title 3 times and conjured it back into existence?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sowGYbxTPgU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I'm ok with more Betty Gilpin in my life

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Lliam Hemsworth still getting acting work off his brothers back is the true horror story.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

Thanks for recommending The People Under the Stairs! Just finished watching it, and my first thoughts are just that it was extremely fun. I especially liked Wendy Robie chewing the scenery, the only other thing I've seen her in is Twin Peaks and she apparently has a talent for playing severely unhinged characters

Hell yea! that's a classic title. I would watch that whenever it came on TNT when I was a kid. Especially when Joe Bob Briggs was showing it on Monstervision.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

OpenSourceBurger posted:

Remember when people in all seriousness were arguing Cloverfield was a secret Voltron movie based on that

good times. arguing on the CHUD comments section about what you did and didnt hear, going to other message boards that had better screen caps and at the time high quality gifs!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I havent watched The Littlest Reich yet, but how is Thomas Lennon in it. Feel like he just pops up randomly in unexpected places.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I really liked Shot Caller too. Cell Block 99 really has some slow rear end parts I donít care for.

I prefer Christian Bales mustache to Kurt Russellís

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Xtro is pretty horny.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

NoES2 is the horniest.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Rageaholic posted:

Fantasy Island suuuuuuuuuuuucked. Just don't even bother with it.

so between the franchises of the 60's/70's who have re-emerged as horror movies, The Banana Splits comes out on top!

Huzzah!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Timeless Appeal posted:

The Banana Splits is actually kinda good

It was. It surprised me. I put it on while I planned on cleaning the apartment and casually watch it, but then ended up just sitting down to watch it with a couple beers. I'd watch a sequel if they did it.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

You only know it when you see it

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I broke down and made a letterbox'd account

https://letterboxd.com/dorium/

I'll go through the last few pages to look for posted account names and lists, but figure i'd share it here too. we can be friends on the world wide web.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

that's a great triple feature, and then Part 2 is the midnight show. for funsies.

also going through these lists, i realize i havent seen the last 3 paranormal activities nor did I know they existed in the first place.

dorium fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Feb 20, 2020

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Jason X is bad, but it isn't as bad as the first 2/3 of Jason Takes Manhattan, where in which we get 20 minutes of manhattan and 80 minutes of a boat. at least Jason X knows what it is.

the sweet story in my head about jason chasing his victims through manhattan and the kids he's chasing killing him through an elaborate home alone 2 set of traps is really depressing considering the reality of boat journey.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Darko posted:

I don't think I have time to click on thousands of movies, now that Ive started mine.

im at 601, with two eloquently written reviews. gotta catch up.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think a movie where crippling grief over a family member is the catalyst for a long emotional grind makes an immediate comparison to an Aster joint apt. The Lodge owes a lot to Goodnight Mommy and Tale of Two Sisters but you can't not see some Hereditary in there.

Unrelated: this was only playing in a very small 81 seater and they had the sound absolutely CRANKED so I'm still hearing that organ playing Nearer My God to Thee in my head today.

Ok good Iím not the only one. I was in the smaller theater room at the SF Alamo drafthouse and volume was cranked so high that some people were covering their ears.

Just got out of The Lodge myself, but now I need to go back and read the last few pages for spoiler chat

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I'm still irrationally angry about The Lodge.

I really liked everything about that movie, but drat does it make me angry.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Did you feel same way about Goodnight Mommy? I need to rewatch that one

I have vague recollections of Goodnight Mommy, I'd need to rewatch that at some point, but maybe not so close to having just seen The Lodge.

Ehud posted:

This is kind of how I rate movies now. If it awakens any emotion in my cold, dead soul then it gets an A!

Basically where I'm at. The Lighthouse has also been stuck in my brain since I saw it. If someone were to actually take me up on my chats about the movie I dont think I'd ever stop talking.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

just bought a ticket for the early bird showing of The Invisible Man.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I havent even watched the original yet for there to be a remake already.

what a shame.

tho there needs to be a US remake of the remake because I wont watch foreign films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Basebf555 posted:

Any particular reason for that?

because i dont like to read