Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

I've seen plenty of sci-fi/horror, but have any movies - for better or worse - blended supernatural forces with aliens? Like alien demon possession, or undead/ghost extraterrestrials? It seems like it could be an interesting combination to mine content. I wouldn't really count Event Horizon, but maybe something with a similar feel.

Lifeforce?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

Miguel Prado posted:

Anybody get the chance to see psycho goreman yet?

Watched it last night and loved it. It's hilarious.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

Flavius Aetass posted:

Can I get some recommendations on recent (past 10 years or so) movies that would make me scared that there is a malevolent spirit waiting for me to fall asleep?

We Are Still Here

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

Flavius Aetass posted:

so I'm about an hour into this and i literally just screamed and threw my phone lol

I didn't lurk this thread back then so I don't know how it was received, but I loved it. Glad you liked it too!

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

Zombies are so stale, having them look like the monsters from Ghosts of Mars is pretty refreshing.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

A Proper Uppercut posted:

So, Near Dark.

First, is it worth checking out?

And if yes, how can I watch it? I wanted to for an October challenge thing a few years ago but came up empty.

In my opinion, it is the Best Movie.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Good haunted house movies -- are there any? It feels like there was a real glut of these in the 1980s after Amityville et al, but most of them were horrible crap, and then poo poo was driven into the ground when affordable CGI made bad effects easier than ever and people forgot that your imagination is almost always scarier than some crappy CGI render (I'm thinking of crap like the remake of House on Haunted Hill).

There have to be good haunted house movies out there, right?

I know I recommended it just the other day, but I really like We Are Still Here.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

28 Days Later?

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

I always thought of him as a ghoul, a human who is made super strong and tough by regularly feeding on his master's blood, but I grew up a World of Darkness nerd.

Julius from Vampire in Brooklyn is something similar.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

You know what? That sounds awesome.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

Is it "Ay Two Four" or "Ay Twenty Four"?

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

It's not really horror in any sense but I just rewatched Robot Jox and it loving whips rear end. I hadn't seen it since I was a kid in a video store, just found out it's a Stuart Gordon masterpiece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Hell yeah! It's a great movie.

Great miniatures, too

The miniature and stop motion work are fantastic. So are the set designs. It's an expensive looking movie!