Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
The remake owns for Travis Van Winkle’s dialogue in the sex scene. “You have perfect nipple placement! You should win in a titty contest!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Jedit posted:

* Tommy Lee Jones was offered the role of Dallas and refused, saying he was only interested in playing the Alien.

Lmao what an rear end in a top hat I love it

Kvlt! posted:

i really miss going to the movie theater :(

Big mood

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

ruddiger posted:

Which superhero property would fit Rob Zombie’s aesthetic?

My vote is for Lobo.

Spawn, maybe

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

Who else makes movies like Rob Zombie?

I'm doing a thing and I need roughly an hour and a half of lighthearted nudity and gore for this evening.

Something close to Herschell Gordon Lewis' 2000 Maniacs or Spider Baby.

Maybe a full moon picture, or perhaps something by Stuart Gordon.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I appreciate that Needy has a boyfriend and they have sex and she isn’t demonized (lol) for it

On that topic though, what ever happened to Johnny Simmons? That guy disappeared.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I love both but the Spinell Maniac is one of the nastiest movies I’ve ever seen. I made a music video out of it and after a few hours with it I felt like I needed a shower
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u24iDdjWiiU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

The horny teen drowns in the same waters in which the tempered deviant swims with delight.

A+ work

Gracias. I’m particularly proud of the last chorus

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Evil Dead 13 was great but I definitely cringed my way through it the first time. I think the worst was the needle to the eye, but the razor blade tongue was horrifying and the machete to the knee cut deep as someone who had recently suffered a knee trauma worthy of several stitches.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

CelticPredator posted:

That set looks sick, but I hate how about pretends to take your money for a day. Really sucks rear end. I want it but I might pass for a bit.

What’s that now?

I preordered it and was surprised to see the money get immediately taken out of my paypal

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah. That happens and then it comes back. But it does like a test to see if you have the money or something....idk. It’s very odd.

Weird, I’ve had that with like gas stations and stuff but they usually charge like a dollar or something to make sure the account is active. I don’t even know if I’ll have the money in 3 months!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Babadook hosed me up bc he looks so happy like a fun party guy

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

I think you're contractually obligated to ask "Who was the killer in the original Friday the 13th"

Also, which one of these films was NOT directed by George Romero.

Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Return of the Living Dead,

Drop “original” for extra challenge points. Actually any question from Scream would work.

Edit: bonus point for using a voice changer

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I’m writing an “investigative horror” movie so I’m watching the original Ringu for inspiration. What are some other good movies of that type? It Follows maybe?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

STAC Goat posted:

"Investigative horror" as in like someone researching a legend or reporting on something or something?

Candyman obviously.
REC/Quarantine.
Blair Witch Project.

There's some weird ones to like Grave Encounters 2, the aforementioned Blair Witch 2, or that one about the demon that comes when you blink. I forget its name.

Pretty much anything with a mystery being unraveled, almost like a noir. I’ve been meaning to check out Candyman since I bought it on DVD like 15 years ago :v:

Book of Shadows sounds dope

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

TheKingslayer posted:

I'll never argue that they're good but Halloween 4 and 5 are always going to be some good warm and fuzzy Halloween season watching for me. The days of AMC running Monsterfest all month long are some of my favorite memories and those were staples.

I feel the same way. Watching the 100 Scariest Movie Moments on Bravo was also tradition

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
It was always weird to me that he got the mask at a hardware store. Like yeah I’ll buy the ropes, even the knife and the jumpsuit, but what hardware stores sell Halloween masks?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Probably should’ve seen that coming. I feel bad for laughing so hard at “Dr Mambo, the doctor of being a dog” the other day.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
No it’s the last 20 minutes of A Nightmare on Elm St

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
The blob is the first movie I ever saw where kids die and it felt truly transgressive at the time

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Origami Dali posted:

devastating for the professional clowning world

New thread title please

Anyway remember how Grandma the Clown, arguably the most famous clown in America, was a sex pest?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

EL BROMANCE posted:

After bailing out of Edward Penishands after less than 10
minutes, I’m not sure it’s a challenge I would pass.

The spaghetti scene in Edward Penishands is 10 times more disturbing than the spaghetti scene in Gummo.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Last I checked they were on dailymotion as well

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I had an idea for a Friday fan script a while back I keep meaning to work on, in which Camp Blood is now a true crime getaway (an homage to the NoBeBoSco tours) that features an actor who plays Jason surprising the visitors. But shocker, the faux Jason snaps and starts killing people for real. At the same time, a few wiccans visiting summon the real Jason, so now there’s 2 Jason’s wreaking havoc. Friday the 13th Pt 2: Two Many Jason’s

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I watched Krampus today. I know there's more than one, this is the one with Toni Collette and Adam Scott. I really liked it. I went in with really low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

It's got probably the best puppet work in a horror movie in the last 20 years prove me wrong so I have more horror movies with extensive puppeteering

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Two separate Nicolas cage signatures, plus a napkin with his phone number and a Christmas card???

Also I guess I gotta call Nicolas Cage, right?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I thought 5cream was pretty great, I liked a lot of the new cast, especially lesbian Randy, I thought the motive was a little weak, but in retrospect I like that it was so different from any of the other motives--it's basically just about nerds who were mad about The Last Jedi, even down to the last Stab movie being directed by Rian Johnson.

Also loved the ending sequence having an extended homage to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, down to having the same actress get hilled in pretty much the same way.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Time for a hot take: Everything Us tried to do, Parasite did way better.

That being said I loved Get Out and I'm excited to see Nope next weekend.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

FreudianSlippers posted:

I know digital blood is popular because it's faster and cheaper but it never looks as good. If I was making an action or horror film I'd fight tooth and nail for practical blood and even pay for it out of my own pocket if possible because even when done really well digital blood doesn't measure up.

Related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNJQdruGAbs

I've been genuinely considering getting back into making shorts just so I can do some amateur gore effects and live out my Tom Savini/Indy Mogul fueled childhood dreams with some rubber tubing and corn syrup.

The only good CGI blood I've seen is done by David Fincher, I don't know what magic he has access to but it always looks flawless, though it probably helps that it's pretty subtle.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I was running a horror movie screening series when I first met my gf, I was worried when she decided to come for Hereditary, I was convinced she was gonna dump me

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I love goop of all colors. Green goop and clear goop are personal favorites.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
On the topic, Red State is a real wet fart

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Origami Dali posted:

See, I don’t get this. Dude was a barely paid writer who made no money from the series while Cunningham made crazy bank. He asked for a piece of it, as entitled by the Copyright Act, and instead of working something out Cunningham said ‘gently caress you’ and literally took Miller to court himself to prevent him from getting anything and it blew up in his face. Good thread here:

https://twitter.com/zernerlaw/status/1006945645989539841?s=21&t=RdHpmlMDZSR1pu74Xjp1CQ

Similar deal happened to Wes Craven and Bob Shaye, but unlike Cunningham, Shaye renegotiated their deal for back pay and additionally hired him to make New Nightmare. Most of Miller’s career since has been as a staff writer on daytime soaps. So yeah, not getting any movies may suck for some people, but I’d rather root for the little guy over the greedy producer on this one.

Appropriately enough, he played Shelly in Part 3!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Shot Context

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Lumbermouth posted:

The “that’s a lot of blood” scene is the hardest I’ve ever laughed at a movie and it’s all done in like a minute. Absolute genius.

Not to mention Gosling’s pitch perfect Lou Costello impression. I grew up loving Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein and Hold That Ghost, so that scene killed me.

alf_pogs posted:

late to kk,bb chat but kilmer exploding WHO TAUGHT YOU MATH at downey in the carpark after the russian roulette moment is burned into my ears. just a great movie, my favourite christmas film

That scene is classic, especially once a shocked RDJ starts trying to explain who his childhood math teacher was.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Personally I'd like to try the Jason burgers from Jason Goes to Hell

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Iron Crowned posted:

I would like one Alien: Isolation version of Halloween. Just give me a big openish world of 1978 Haddonfield, while I try to avoid Michael Meyers. New Game + lets you play as Loomis.

That seems pretty achievable as a project, it sounds kinda similar to Slender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Kvlt! posted:

when i was little i saw the movie dodgeball and theres a scene where girl scouts beat vince vaughns team and he says "youre adopted, your parents dont love you" to them and I didnt even kno what it meant but saw my older sister laughing so next day at school i said that to some girl who was annoying me and got sent to the principles office bc turns out she WAS adopted and burst into tears when I said it

I WAS LITTLE ERICA IM SORRY

One time in high school a kid was hassling me so I responded to something he said with "your mom" sarcastically and when I turned around he punched me in the back of the head, turns out his mom had just died. Oops.