Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Well bird box was a mixed bag, with an ending that completely bewildered me. I was waiting for some kind of twist. Anything.

but no, they live happily ever after in the a compound in the middle of the woods which is somehow self sustaining

Anyway, I actually enjoyed the monsters and the schizophrenics/super sane. Gary you rear end in a top hat. Why did they ask what’s in the bag but not check it. The designs of his drawings were sufficiently varied and freaky.

Outside of that cosmic horror fun stuff, it falls apart all over the place.

Probably most annoyed by them showing how difficult it is to navigate for the majority of the film, followed by 8 minutes of then sprinting through the woods via conveniently cleared out paths by sheer chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Just watched As above, so below with a friend. We enjoyed a lot of it but certain parts towards the end were a bit off, and there was repeated tonal whiplash between this film trying to be a horror film and tomb raider.

And it looks like we, and seemingly all the film critics and almost all the audience didn’t realise it was actually Dante’s Inferno until we did some research afterwards.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Really enjoyed the void, went in completely blind.

When I saw the tendrils clawing their way out of the dead women’s mouth I knew I was in for some fun practical effects. Really cool stuff. Now I need to watch the Thing for the nth time.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Anne and the Apocalypse was a random pick which I knew nothing about going in, and as far as British School Comedy Horror Musicals go I enjoyed it a lot. The director was definitely a big Shaun of the Desd fan but, who isn’t?

I don’t think a single moment was spent on anyone questioning what the zombies were, or where they came from. It’s 2019, we know a zombie when we see one.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Is this the right thread for Peninsula, the train to Busan sequel?

Just saw it, it’s loving great. I love the zombies, somewhere between jerky spasms and trained acrobats makes for an freaky combo. Definitely swings into action more than unsettling horror, but reasonably early on there’s a brilliantly terrifying shot. Highly recommend, if cinema’s are open and it’s safe to do so. Also watch the first one if you haven’t, but it’s not required.