Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Samuel Clemens posted:

Aside from Angel Heart, are there any great horror films about a detective/police officer who goes to investigate a mystery and finds something supernatural? I guess In the Mouth of Madness sort of works in the same vein.

Does The Wicker Man count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I'm thinking more about Barbarian after watching it last night and the only real question I have narratively speaking is Who listed the house on the various rental sites? I assumed at first that it was the people that AJ had managing the house, but then the film very explicitly goes out of its way to state that no, they haven't had a rental on their side for weeks. Was it Frank trying to lure in more people? He seems like he's not in any state to even use a computer, much less do anything to people who do come to the house.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Ambitious Spider posted:

i had assumed Tess was the last rental and it was weeks that she was stuck in the house.

Megasabin posted:

The management agency has it listed on AirBNB. You only have to list the house a single time and then it's up on the website indefinitely and anyone can book dates to say for the foreseeable future, even years out.

What the management agency told Justin Long is that the way they operate is that the only bother sending cleaners directly before a new renter arrives. No one has booked it since Tess, so no cleaners have been sent yet.

That makes sense. I think I didn't catch on that it had been quite so long since Tess and Keith came in. So the double booking was just an actual mistake?