Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Killer Shrew... Killer Shrew... He's comin' to your town to get YOU!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umvg-adYYDw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Landis just released an actual werewolf on the moors and followed some American tourists with a camera to see what would happen.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

I got a bunch of non-horror friends to watch One Cut of the Dead when we got our bonfire rained out. EVERYONE was stoked and super into it after it took off. One guy in particular tends to drift into his phone to check Reddit and the whole room was telling him to pay attention because we were all trying to figure out what was going on.

Legitimately one of the best communal film experiences I've ever had.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

dorium posted:

drat the Savini NotLD still rules. Love the role flips it does and the story beat changes to this day. And I still have a crush on Patricia Tallman. Next is Drag Me to Hell, which I haven’t seen before. Another blank spot.

Oh drat, some Nicotero work. Good to know.

Yeah, I saw the 90's NotLD when I was a kid and the house looked EXACTLY like a relative's place I spent a lot of time in, so I lost some sleep looking out windows. I really liked the lights coming from the woods and that outbuilding that let you feel like you should be seeing something in the trees even before the cavalcade of corpses shows up.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Cast Iron Brick posted:

Does anyone happen to have the list of horror shorts and YouTube videos that would get posted in the Halloween megathreads? I haven't seen one in years and I've really been wanting to see some of those again.

There's a thread currently running that includes some of the old ones. I can't remember the older thread years or dates, but a few classics are there.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3922047

The Hopewell Haunting had a decent atmosphere, but I think it's more recent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sImMmdeO0c

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Bub's sarcastic send off to Rhodes rules.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

I was not expecting to love "Willy's Wonderland" but Nicholas Cage absolutely carries that drat thing. I can't hate a movie that culminates in a stupid song summing up the events thus far, especially when it takes place with Cage triumphantly hitting 1 million points in pinball on his designated monster-fighting break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

"I Sell the Dead" was decently fun. The protagonists accidentally invoking the wrath of a really creepy/corpsey vampire at misty crossroads was really the high point of the movie though.

Apart from Ron Perlman, that is.