Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

how we all feeling about the new grudge remake? i feel like i had no idea this was happening but apparently there's been a few trailers and it's in theatres next month already :O i liked the original, and i liked the remake with buffy and i even liked the dtv sequels to the remake with buffy so i am...optimistic? for this? although i guess you could argue how many grudge movies do we really need what else is left to do there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Finished Black Christmas, boring from beginning to end. It's a drat shame because evil fraternity is a great idea for a horror movie.

oh bummer, was looking forward to this. ill probably still see it because i have to go to the mall tomorrow anyway but ill just have to get drunk first.

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

i love when people post top 10s cause inevitably there's something on there i haven't seen yet and then there is something for me to check out!!

for me (not in any order):

shirome
ready or not
the ritual
get out
train to busan
UNFRIENDED
it follows
the vvitch
midsommar&hereditary (couldn't pick between them)
yellow brick road

honorable mention: parasite :)

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

Drunkboxer posted:

I’ll watch most anything with a ghost in it.

i like the grudge movies because they're always a good ghost story - real simple and to the point. like here's this family of real super duper pissed of ghosts and if you land on their radar it's all over for you!! kids, animals, sarah michelle gellar. doesnt matter, they're gonna get you eventually.

i hope the new one sticks to that - no survivors!! something something gross wad of black hair!! spooky noises!! in the original remake they straight up set it in japan to keep the same ghost family will be interesting to see what they do with a remake set in the us (?) from the start (im remembering the 3rd us movie where the ghosts moved to chicago).

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

meat glitter posted:

i like the grudge movies because they're always a good ghost story - real simple and to the point. like here's this family of real super duper pissed of ghosts and if you land on their radar it's all over for you!! kids, animals, sarah michelle gellar. doesnt matter, they're gonna get you eventually.

i hope the new one sticks to that - no survivors!! something something gross wad of black hair!! spooky noises!! in the original remake they straight up set it in japan to keep the same ghost family will be interesting to see what they do with a remake set in the us (?) from the start (im remembering the 3rd us movie where the ghosts moved to chicago).

well i saw it today and it was...uhh not great what happened to the DOG

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

Shrecknet posted:

Ginger Snaps owns because I think its the only werewolf movie to finally explicitly tie lycanthropy to both puberty and menstruation.

i FINALLY saw ginger snaps recently and liked it a lot (also was that the girl who played bev in 1990 it??) - are the sequels as good or worth watching?

going to to be at the mall tomorrow so i figure ill see the turning even though im sure it's as boring as everyone says because it's all that's playing and there is a horse in the trailer. the second season of hill house is going off the same book isn't it?

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

MacheteZombie posted:

That reminds me I have a copy of his 2017 movie, Impossibility Defense to check out

E: Kojis other FF entries, Cult and Shirome are also worth checking out. Noroi and Occult get all the love but Cult is my favorite of those 4 and Shirome is funny but prep for a group of Japanese teen girls screaming a lot.

i liked shirome and noroi a lot but i can't ever find anywhere to watch cult or occult with subs. :(

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

MacheteZombie posted:

Weird I thought all 4 were on amazon, but searching I couldn't find them.

Here's occult on YouTube English subs via settings.

And cult

OMG thank you guys!! i know what im doing tonight..

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

saw the lodge today and there was a "point" the guy behind me jumped so hard he spilled his popcorn all on the floor lol. i was a little bit worried for 2020 after the grudge sucked so bad but between this and the color out of space things are looking up! also it seems all the kids from IT are now just doing more horror stuff (gretel and hansel, the turning, are you afraid of the dark, the lodge) which is good, i think for the most part they're good kid actors.

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

The_Doctor posted:

He was also the Nazi child in Knives Out, which I completely failed to realise.

First 5 minutes with the mother or last 5 with the dad?

whoa i didn't realize that was him in knives out too...little guy is out here building up some kind of resume

and first...it is like such a effective AHHH moment i think everyone in the theatre flinched at least a little bit

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

sigher posted:

I've seen the first three seasons and they're all pretty drat well done, really drat good series and it's a god drat shame it's done with.

yea :( part of the fun was trying to see what creepypasta they would adapt next. if we ever got more seasons which would yall have liked to see tackled? i can never remember the name of it but it's like 3 people driving around being hunted/stalked by things and they either scream/howl...at one point they end up in an abandoned town/lodge. GOD what was it called. anyway i remember thinking it would have made a good movie so probably would have made a good season of channel zero.

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

man his house was good, in my top 5 of this year for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

best of the 3 imo