Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Richleau
Sep 25, 2020

Lurdiak posted:

Last call for suggestions! The deadline is tonight at midnight (EST).

How's about the Indonesian classic Mystics in Bali? I always loved that film. It has it all. Flying heads, crazy laughter, sick rear end old women, blood pacts, a German lady who has never acted before or ever again, over the top gore, human to animal to human transformation, neat special effects and all based on a real legend from Indonesia!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richleau
Sep 25, 2020

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Drag Me To Hell was a better movie then I had conjured in my head what it was going to be.

You should watch Curse of the Demon then. I'm sure you have, but it's equally as good, just without all the Raimi gross out goofiness.

Richleau
Sep 25, 2020

Hollismason posted:

I'm really just rewatching a lot of Hammer and Vincent Price, Cushing etc.. I'll probably go beyond the 31 films this year but I'mma try and stick to before 1979 and really level up my horror cred by hopefully coming across things I have not seen yet. The latest discovery I made was a Terrence Fisher film called The Earth Dies Screaming.

Also, I just for whatever reason cannot deal with real intense horror right now, like graphic violence, sexual violence, all of that is a big turn off for me right now. So by sticking to older films it's more palatable

I am right there with you on the graphic violence, sexual violence right now. Not sure what it is but might I suggest The Gorgon and The Devil Rides Out. I'm sure you have seen them, but they really stand out to me. I've always thought they would play well on the stage as well. What do you think guys? Do you think Hammer horror could make a jump to stage productions and if so, which do you think would be worthy of the challenge?

Richleau
Sep 25, 2020

alf_pogs posted:

I'm watching Blair Witch 2 Book of Shadows and Jeffrey Donovan just yelled "your balls will fall off in THREE DAYS" at some guy. v enjoyable

There is a great film edit of Blair Witch 2 Book of Shadows which brings to life to director's original script. It honestly makes the movie better. I highly recommend you check that out.

https://letterboxd.com/film/blair-witch-2-recut/

Richleau
Sep 25, 2020

alf_pogs posted:

there's apparently a very good fancut focused on the psychological elements but I've had no luck tracking it down

I have the fanedit. If proper, I will post a download link so all here may enjoy my favorite fanedit of all time. Would you like for me to do so here or should I post that link in discord?

Richleau
Sep 25, 2020

feedmyleg posted:

I know we've gotten a bit looser about piracy on the boards over the past year or two, but I think this is still a no-no here. I assume it's fine on Discord though. I looked it up on one of my private trackers they linked to this trailer for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM-JzAq2700

My only reasoning is that it is a fanedit and therefore should be free to share as it is technically its own product, but I understand. To all who are curious, I will post the download link in discord unless I am told not to do so.

Richleau
Sep 25, 2020

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

For what it's worth, I put my Starry Eyes fan edit up on Vimeo and nobody's ever taken issue with me linking it here, so I suspect a lot of it is also where you're hosting it. Streaming sites are generally more acceptable than torrents.

I was just going to put a direct download link from my google drive but posting it on vimeo seems a better course of action. If you were able to do so without incident in that situation, I shall follow your lead as I greatly want others to experience the director's intent.

Richleau
Sep 25, 2020

PriorMarcus posted:

I would love this.

looks like vimeo makes you pay money to post a file that large, so I'll just post it to youtube and put the link here when it's finished.

Richleau
Sep 25, 2020

PriorMarcus posted:

I would love this.

Welp, it was blocked by youtube so I'll just post a download link in #spook-a-doodle. Go nab it now!

Richleau
Sep 25, 2020

alf_pogs posted:

thankyou so much for this. excited to give it a shot tomorrow

Lots of love to you! I am a huge fan of fanedits and have quite the collection. I have a neat one for event horizon, Manhunter, Blade 3, Scream, Silent Hill, Insidious, Jaws, etc. Let me know if you want me to post any of those tasty treats as well for your spooky Halloween. They are in many ways like seeing an all new film and in some they are only slightly different. Still fun!

Richleau
Sep 25, 2020

alf_pogs posted:

actually hell I'd love the Silent Hill recut. my partner loves that film in spite of a lot of it, so a maybe better version of it would be very well received

Done deal, check #spook-a-doodle in 20 minutes. Please update me on what your partner thought and I'll make a full list of the ones I have. I have lots of Aliens fanedits too, prometheus, etc. I even have one called Bateman Begins which combines American Psycho and Batman Begins. It's ridiculous.

I also posted the Event Horizon fanedit as well. Check it out!

Richleau fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 12, 2020

Richleau
Sep 25, 2020

PriorMarcus posted:

Curious about Scream and Jaws. What does the fan edit do?

Also, I'm surprised there's not a bigger culture of redoing effects in older films and shows amongst fans.

Jaws is turned into a grindhouse style film and Scream is turned into a giallo.

Richleau
Sep 25, 2020

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

also, Mystics in Bali and 7 Golden Vampires are your best potential pulls here

Mystics in Bali is The Seventh Curse levels of insane

I second Mystics in Bali. It's amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richleau
Sep 25, 2020

CelticPredator posted:

Jason needs to be seen grabbing random weapons and killing people in fun ways. I ain’t goin to a Jason movie to be scared of him lmao

Yes exactly. Jason became fun again with Jason Lives. No one is going to be scared by him any longer. It's time filmmakers realize this and play up the over the top extravagance that Jason can provide. Fans want a fun horror film that's slightly funny, they certainly do not want a legit scary film as it can't be conjured with a character like Jason. They have already gone off the rails, we don't want bumpers placed to prevent that action again.

We have gone the route of Jason in Space, Jason in Manhattan, how's about an atomic Jason out of Los Alamos killing scientists as he makes his way to the tiny town?

Richleau fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Oct 12, 2020