Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Kvlt! posted:

there needs to be more martial arts slashers. I want Friday Part 8 rooftop scene stretched into a whole movie. Like they build a dojo on Crystal Lake and Jason has to duke it out with them

May I recommend the quality film "Jiu Jitsu"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Saw, but all the victims are superhero villians

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

If there wasn't the silmarillion, how would we know about the history of the silmarils???

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Commando is a slasher movie from the point of view of the monster.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Spatulater bro! posted:

Final Wars is the best Godzilla movie.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

I was being generous because I like Henriksen, but the truth is he hasn't been in a good movie since the mid-90's.

If you want to argue for Alien vs. Predator then go ahead, but that's the only one that even could be debated.

What about "Hellraiser 8: The Internet"?

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Kvlt! posted:

Im Roman Catholic and believe in a literal satan but hes in bags of dope cup with fentanyl and like child molesters not some rapper spreading his butt for a CGI satan

Which subdiety represents weed and lsd?

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Hollismason posted:

Space Truckers is cool and good and your friend.

Absolutely. Space truckers is nutso every second.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

It'd be great if a director had like a major hit horror movie and then immediately took the first sequel to space completely out of nowhere. I'd respect the hell out of a director who had the nerve to do that.

That's kinda what happened with Highlander.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Is wild zero a zombie movie?

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Stink Billyums posted:

Also romantic comedy

Well, yes.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Death Proof?

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I remember it being completely terrible apart from a fantastic performance by Charles Dance (but who would expect anything else from the man?)

Space truckers is peak cinema.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Spatulater bro! posted:

A scrotum with 29 needles stuck through it.

A balldo with 29 scrotums in it.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Asian horror=tell me about the hair.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

I find Ghosts of Mars very silly and very entertaining. A definite recommendation.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

R-point is kinda set in vietnam.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Kvlt! posted:

Looking to do a killer robot marathon so far I have Chopping Mall and Hardware, need some suggestions (hopefully more horror based and less stuff like the Terminator)

Death machine.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

R-point might count as a war horror film.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

gey muckle mowser posted:

I think Mimic is the only Del Toro movie I don’t really like. It’s fun and I certainly wouldn’t call it a bad movie, but that kid with the spoons is annoying as poo poo.

Del Toro’s best film is obviously The Devil’s Backbone Blade 2

Blade 2 is not very good, and serves to show why del toro is a fundamentally bad director (at least in that era). He overly relied on boring, weightless cgi fight scenes that drag his movies down.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Kvlt! posted:

but Pacific Rim teaches us that del toro is a fundamentally good director. the duality of man.

Pacific rim, hellboy 1 and 2, and Blade 2 are all painfully contaminated by deep reliance on crappy cgi fights.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Blade is arguably still the best superhero movie of all time, and Blade 2 had smoothed over cgi Wesley Snipes fighting a crappy cyber ninja.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

I like how the X-files episode list got so large that there are basically things floating around that would invalidate any possible alien invasion. I'm thinking stuff like The time travel from a dystopic future The evil AI or The entire series of Millennium .

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Godzilla Final Wars is the only Godzilla worth watching.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Horror but actually scary.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

SlimGoodbody posted:

Amazon Prime put Ninja III: The Domination in the list of "horror movies we think you'll like" and holy poo poo this movie RULES. My wife and I are exactly 9 minutes in and we are pumping our fists and screaming like idiots, put this movie on RIGHT NOW

Only a ninja can kill a ninja.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Netflix is just using those kids in 10 others shows anyways.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Hollismason posted:

Is it Cenobites solving crimes or is it about crimes committed by Cenobites?

Multiple of the Hellraiser sequels are police procedurals in hell

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Levantine posted:

I wonder if this is the start of a new trend; creating horror entries for traditionally non-horror series. There's that Winnie the Pooh slasher whatever coming out and this. If they do well, I wonder what other traditional franchises should get a horror entry?

How about non horror entries in horror franchises. Hellraiser romantic comedy, nightmare on elm street political thriller?

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I've done all the Hellraisers piecemeal at some point and: Don't. Watch the first 3 then hard stop. 4 onwards aren't even funny-bad, they're just tedious

Counterpoint: they made at least 10 of the drat things, and in your heart you know you have to see them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Hollismason posted:

The Slasher list so far :

Don't Go in the Woods
Delirium
Nightmare Beach
Silent Night Deadly Night
My Soul to Take
The Burning
Amsterdamned
Torso
Intruder
Blood Harvest
Slumber Party Massacre
Pieces
Sledgehammer
Doom Asylum
The Mutilator
Final Exam
The Town that Dreaded Sundown
Stage Fright

That's 18 movies, I've got 13 more to go. Recommend some slashers and giallo. I think there's a lot of Giallo that would qualify.
Deadly Prey