Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

I watched Midsommar last night and I guess I kind of liked it? Some parts. Overall it was a bombastic and shocking movie (spoilers to be safe) but I thought in such a well thought out movie some of the decisions the American kids made were very dumb, even by horror movie standards. Also I don't know if anyone had this issue or if it's my TV but everything was so much louder than the talking that I was straining the listen the entire time. I was watching it from Amazon prime if that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Me and my girlfriend will watch any horror movie we come across no matter how bad it looks. Last night we watched Enter Nowhere . I really enjoyed the premise because I'm a sucker for stuck in somewhere or am I crazy? kind of horror movies. It didn't end well and Scott Eastwood is...not good.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

I really liked it but I didn't read the book. The person I sent with did though and they also liked it but said they liked the book better (but who doesn't say that).

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

I thought the boyfriend was fine. I actually think besides how well they portrayed what it's like to be in mushrooms that I think it was a really good portrayal of how draining a relationship like that can be for both parties, especially at their age/stage in life.

RenegadeStyle1 fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 8, 2020

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

I liked Ma. Octavia Spencer was really good. It wasn't perfect but I liked it.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

I don't know if anyone watches the Hulu Into The Dark series but last night I watched My Valentine which I didn't like. Then I went and watched Pure because I never watched that one and I did like it.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Finally watched Creep. I really liked it. I really identified with Aaron because he wasn't in his predicament because he made dumb choices (for the most part). He was just a nice guy and didn't want to appear rude and wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt against better judgement.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

My biggest cringe is torture in general and to a lesser extent people dying slowly. I have a really hard time watching people be tortured or put in situations where they have to main themselves. Saw and Hostel are almost unwatchable. Rape along the same lines.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Both of these movies might be more in the thriller side than horror but I watched The Gift and Freaks last night and I really liked both of them. The Gift is probably alot more suspense than horror but I'd say Freaks is a pretty good mixture of the two, especially in the first half of the movie.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Finally watched Midnight Meat Train. My girlfriend tried to get me to watch it for a while. I resisted because of the dumbass make but I actually kind of liked it. It was campy as hell and the twist ending was obvious from a mile away but it was neat.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

I watched The Stand miniseries last night and I'm not sure what I was expecting but not that. For a horror movie it sure felt like no one was ever really in danger.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Yeah it's alot to watch but I can say I was never bored. It's definitely not scary but it's intriguing at the least.

Also from what I read Whoopi Goldberg was originally approached about the original miniseries but couldn't do it because she was doing sister act 2.

RenegadeStyle1 fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 14, 2020

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

The bathroom scene where he's brushing the daughters hair in the remake is really chilling and the daughter did a really good job.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Maybe 13 weeks later although I don't think that's exactly what you're looking for.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

I watched Killing of the sacred deer and I don't think I quite fully got it but it was extremely unsettling.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

I thought Midsommar was pretty good but it's no where near as haunting or stuck with me like Hereditary did

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

I just rewatched it and I just wanna say Oculus is really good. I know it says it's a WWE film but it is better than it ever has any right to be.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Yeah I don't think any wrestlers are in it at all.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

I saw The Disappointments Room last night and it was terrible. I give tons movies (especially horror) alot of leeway before I'll say they are straight up bad but that movie was terrible. The ending sequence looked like they were trying to make an actual scary version of the Scooby Doo haunted Mansion chase scenes.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

I think most of the hellraiser direct to DVD sequals are charming in a schlocky way.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

What are the best horror movie review podcasts? I'm listening to straight chilling and it's fine but I want more!

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

The last time I can remember a film actually scaring me is the Amityville horror with Ryan Reynolds when I was still a teenagers. I can't get scared really anymore. I can feel tense or uncomfortable but not really scared.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Yeah I don't mean to say horror movies don't engage me now or I'm to grown up for them. I found Hereditary deeply unsettling and intriguing but I wouldn't say it "scared" me. I didn't stay up at night scared to close my eyes like I did when I was a kid.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

I haven't seen unfriended but I watched Unfriended Dark Web assuming I'd laugh at how bad it was the whole time. It was actually quite engaging from beginning to end and kept me entertained the whole time.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

I was watching saw III yesterday and I don't really have much to say about it but at the end where they explain everything they said "oh the guy who set a trap up in the hotel brought in the pieces 1 by 1 to build it." And I laughed for a while thinking about a guy renting a motel room coming in every few hours with random pieces of metal, gears, metal, chains etc.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

I just watched The Stranger sequel Strangers: Prey At Night. I had 0 expectations going in. I have to say I kind of loved it.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

married but discreet posted:

I hear Stranger: By The Lake is the even better prequel.

I actually looked this up thinking it was a real sequal to see if I could stream it. Nice.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

I watched Coherence last night. I liked it but id be lying if I said I really fully understood it.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

The boyfriend Midsommar was a little douchey, especially with the thesis thing but I wasn't at the point where I could cheer the burning alive of a guy who's biggest crime seemed to be being wishy washy about his relationship.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

I've seen people say that and I guess I understand that reasoning but that seems like a lot of responsibility to demand from a 20 year old college student in a yearish long relationship.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Just watching through the original Twilight Zone and I know this is kind of a passe opinion at this point but its really a very progressive and landmark of a show especially for its time. It feels like it was way ahead of its time.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

I like Mike Flanagan.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

COOL CORN posted:

Post your favorite LGBTQ+ horror movies itt. I watched Jennifer's Body last night, for the first time since, what, 2009? I definitely didn't pick up on the homoeroticism between Jennifer and Needy the first time I saw it. But it definitely goes on the list of bisexual movies.

Wasn't that basically the major plot point in Jennifer's Body? I didn't think you could really miss it.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

I watched The Mandela Effect on Prime. It was terrible.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Me and my girlfriend had an impromptu horror movie marathon of random movies from Prime. Cohesion was a lot of fun. I think I only like 75% understand it but it was creepy the entire time and I thought the drug addict guy was really funny. I didn't like Almost Mercy. First it wasn't really a horror movie. Second, it was so teen and edgy that I felt like it was created as a viral marketing piece for Hot Topic. I did laugh at and like the ending though.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Watched Stir Of Echos 2 yesterday and one thing I can say is they certainly loving went for it. Up there with the roughest scenes ive seen in a movie.

RenegadeStyle1 fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 15, 2020

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Watched Session 9 after someone mentioned it here. Still great.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Itd be hard to not make gross. I dont know who you would even trust to make it.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

I was gonna change my username any day now too (for the last 15 years).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Maybe not quite horror but im pumped for the new unsolved mysteries. Watching through it now.