Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I watched Exhibit A last night and it was good. I thought it was pretty interesting but I did feel like it moved a little too fast. The dad went from loving dad to murder dad in what felt like about 4 days.

I also watched 2001 Maniacs which was....fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Kvlt! posted:

which maniacs did u watch

I think the remake. It had Robert Englund and Lin Shaye.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Inhuman Resources was a really fun movie. Got a lot out of it for being something I randomly saw with a terrible name.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Splice is absolutely less a "monster" horror movie and more of a "bad parenting" horror movie where the kid happens to be a monster.

I agree. I thought the horror was much more drawing from "this is the consequences of how you raised this child/being" than the monster itself.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I wish in the second Sinister they figured out not to move and it just showed the demon getting more abd more dejected as they settled in.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I loved it but its very early 2000s horror with all that entails.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Acht posted:

What this all about? I missed 8k posts.

The entire 8k posts was an argument about if Rob Zombie is good.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I just watched Apollo 18. I love found footage and I love space horror but this is one of the most boring movies I've watched in a while.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I watched The Invisible Man (2020) and I really dug it. Not sure if you'd call it horror but I think I would. It even made a woman fighting an invisible man not look like a clown show.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Ill definitely second In The Tall Grass. Its not to long and its interesting. 1BR was alright for me but I felt it moved at such a break neck speed. I just got Shudder last night and saw Jawbreaker and watched it so I haven't seen what else was on there till tonight. I watched The Room and....eh. It was horribly campy at parts and I don't think it was ironic. It had some pretty chilling parts though.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Is there a list of challenges or any good ones recommended? I thought about looking up top 50 horror movies all time on google and then clicked on the one rolling stone magazine did. I could do it but ive seen probably half of them already and a good chunk of those in the past month.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I just watched The Final Showing last night and I didn't really like it. I loved the concept but the characters choices and how easily deceived they were really took me out of the movie. I have a pretty big suspension of disbelief for horror characters making stupid decisions but this one felt like a personal attack, like the movie creators though I was so dumb I'd just buy it.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
What about a movie like shutter island or freaks? It has horror elements but at the core it seems more of a thriller.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Jawbreaker is on shudder so its officially horror.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

escape artist posted:

Scare Package... is a thing I've seen.

I liked it. The humor was fun.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I used to hide during the opening for Tales From The Crypt because the puppet popping out was so scary to me as a kid. I'd say it worked.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I understand what he means. I hardly ever went to the movie theaters to see a specific movie. Either I went with someone who wanted to see a movie or wanted to plan a date with my girlfriend and thought "let's go to the movies, alright which one?" And looked it up. The last movie I saw in a theater was a Nightmare On Elm Street showing. I couldn't imagine paying 20 dollars when it won't be 20 in a few months. I do understand why they're priced them there though.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Decided to randomly watch Satanic Panic and recognized the area code and realized it's all filmed in Dallas. It's fun seeing locations in a movie im very familiar with. This must be how the big wigs that live in LA feel all the time.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I watched all of the Paranormal Activities and they're all fine. The 2nd part is probably my least favorite but it's the one I've seen the most also so I may just be tired of it. I have a special place in my heart for Marked Ones. The characters remind me a lot of the people I grew up around and the setting also. I really enjoyed it.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Drag Me To Hell was a better movie then I had conjured in my head what it was going to be.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
My girlfriend is finally getting me to go through the Nightmare on Elm Street catalogue and we watched 2 so I went ahead and watched the shudder documentary. I liked it and plan to give the other ones on there a try.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I never really watched any franchise. I'm through part 4 of the Nightmare on Elm Street and honestly they keep getting better and better. Well maybe not 4 is better than 3 but I still liked 4.

Patricia Arquette was great in 3 and I'm really disappointed she got recast.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I've watched a lot of the 70s and 80s slashers I have missed the last month or so and drat is there ever gonna be a better horror song than Halloween. Nightmare on Elm Street (especially 3 and 4) has the best/funnest music over all though.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
The scene in Halloween Resurrection with Busta Rhymes fighting Michael are the cringiest thing I've ever seen.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Do you guys think that death in the final destination series is an actual sentient godly being or later or a cosmic force of nature?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I'd say It Follows definitely isn't art horror but Babadook definitely is. I like both of them.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
They are not connected and really are two different kinds of horror movie antagonists that aren't connected at all.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Honestly with host I haven't seen a bad movie in that zoom or Skype meeting setting yet. I think it really adds to the isolation and helplessness of being "right there" but having no physical control.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

LifeLynx posted:

The Lie was decent. Forgettable, but good acting. The ending didn't seem to make sense with the rest of the film, but I'm not going to go back and watch it again to see what clues I missed. Biggest plot-hole: What teenager is going to throw away their cellphone like that?

I just watched it and liked it a lot. The endings a little dumb but it's a very tense movie.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I just watched through all of the Nightmare in Elm Streets (except Jason vs Freddy and the remake) and new nightmare was really good. I wasn't expecting the 7th installment to be one of the best but I really liked it.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

bitterandtwisted posted:

Which of these is the most "essential" viewing for the blind spot challenge:
The Descent
Hostel
I spit on your Grave (the 70s one)

The descent is my favorite from that list but if you're going for culturally relevant than probably Hostel.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah I feel like an all woman or mostly woman cast is pretty common in horror. Woman protagonist definitely seems to be pretty common.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I watched Joyride and Halloween 6 tonight. Joyride was really good and I'm surprised it isn't talked about much more than it is. It was a lot more fun than the premise had any right to be. Halloween 6 was a dud for me for the most part. The incest stuff was way to icky for me and felt like more of a Rob Zombie halloween thing. Also I was excited to see Paul Rudd in a Halloween movie but wow is his acting terrible in this. He should get an award for most improved actor over his career if that's how he started.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I have watched all the Rob Zombie movies and I hate them.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah I forgot to say earlier I do hate all of Rob Zombies movies except the 1st halloween and Lords of Salem.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Other horror communities don't exist. Only our thread, the Rob Zombie fan page.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I think the Wendigo is closer to an ancient evil monster like vampires or werewolves than Bigfoot.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I like the previews playing. Sometimes something catches my eye when it plays I wouldn't have normally taken a second look at.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
You might consider The Lie a horror if you consider Jawbreaker a horror. Even then I'd still consider Jawbreaker more in the horror genre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I don't know what you guys are talking about because the only Halloween's are Halloween (1978) and it's sequel, Halloween (2018).

I will also accept Halloween 3: Season of the Witch.

RenegadeStyle1 fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Nov 3, 2020