Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

does save the children count because ive been giving them $20 a month for a while

e: if it does i would like the kitty avatar and the gang tag

e2:

alnilam posted:

Does anyone here know if Save The Children is reputable and good? They have egood financials and seem pretty good. I know they had a sex scandal (?) in their executive ranks but that doesn't invalidate the rest of their operations, plus i think he's gone now

btw I donate a thousand dollars to Doctors Without Borders every year so you can count that if you want cspam, i'm only askin gabout this one because i also do an annual charity entry in a journal for my little nephew for xmas and i like to pick a new one every year to keep it interesting (otherwise it would be MSF 24/7 baby), alst year was hurricane maria relief in PR, this year I'm about to have achild of my own so I thought Save The Children could be nice. i like to keep it semi non political and child-friendly too bc i don't want to like, weaponize my christmas charity gift to him, even though my sister is cool and will make sure he grows up to care about stuff. don't worry i'll keep donating to that garbage in private

i think it's not terrible as far as charities go, but if you find otherwise let me know

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Dec 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Condiv posted:

luckily i've never been to the UK, so I should be able to donate in france. US's red cross just has a blanket ban on anyone having lived in europe (france in my case) for more than 5 years

the only other possible issue is if france block homosexual/bisexual men from donating. in the US you can't have had any same-sex contact with a man for a year, so basically no non-celibate gay or bisexual men can donate blood

edit: looked it up and nope. 12 months celibacy if you want to donate blood while gay/bi

makes sense since hiv goes away after 12 months