Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple
Trip report: Frank, Bull, and Shelly make an amazing Brawl Ball team. Went 12-4 last night with a pair of randos and my Frank was only level 3. Now I have him at level 4 and can't wait to smash more things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog
I've sent a join request to 2poor4gems as well, kinda want to try out showdown but I'm entirely too unused to battle royales so I'm likely going to get dumpstered quickly...

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

BoldFace posted:

They're just the worst value deals in the entire game.

OK, what should coins be spent on?

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

NPR Journalizard posted:

OK, what should coins be spent on?

Purely on levelling up your heroes.

The only thing a FTP/Low Spender should be buying from the shop are the Point Doubler things when you amass enough gems to buy them.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
As a Low Spender, the $5 holiday bundle was perfect because I got both of the Super Rare brawlers I didn't have before. Now the urge to spend money is completely gone because Epic/Mythical/Legendary cards are far too rare to expect to get through box purchasing. So I have more new brawlers to push towards 2000 cups with and no incentive to spend any more.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Mortis seems underwhelming, at least at level 1 where he'd obviously be weak. Really hoping power points arent tied to rarity (they are).

Also heres a discord link if you guys want to talk about brawl stars in a horrible offsite environment. https://discord.gg/aGqJJ9E It's the clash royale discord atm but I'm gonna try to make it for more poop games.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I posted a sperg rant about this in goonstache but Darryl is not good. His shooting is broken for a shotgun character, where he doesn't even land all his bullets at point blank range.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Yeah he's weak. He's good at surprise rushing at snipers and carrying the soccer ball. His dual shotguns shoot confetti or something.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows
Not sure which came first, but when I was looking for another game to play on my tablet (Brawl Stars isn't available yet), I found Stardust Battle: Arena Combat. It seems to be almost the exact same game, save different characters.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

BlindNinja posted:

Not sure which came first, but when I was looking for another game to play on my tablet (Brawl Stars isn't available yet), I found Stardust Battle: Arena Combat. It seems to be almost the exact same game, save different characters.

If you are on Android you might be able to find an apk to bypass launch. That's what I did when clash Royale was in beta

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Threw in an app at Goonstache. Having fun, scratches that MOBA itch and games are quick.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

This is terrible. Put this dumb poo poo in Private Games.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Victory Position posted:

This is terrible. Put this dumb poo poo in Private Games.

Sorry n00b... you're looking at the next TF2 killer here.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The problem with Brawl Stars is Shelley is The Best yet they give you her first. I don't need this dynamite rear end in a top hat, I got a shotgun!!

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash
Nita is cool because you can micromanage the bear and people don't expect it for some reason

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

A Spooky Skeleton posted:

Nita is cool because you can micromanage the bear and people don't expect it for some reason

Wait you can? I thought it just auto targeted the closest enemy

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

A Spooky Skeleton posted:

Tell me more

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash

Studio posted:

Wait you can? I thought it just auto targeted the closest enemy

BrightWing posted:

Tell me more

You can direct it by swiping the ultimate button again.

Edit: I'm dumb as hell. This didn't work.

A Spooky Skeleton fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Dec 27, 2018

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
To be fair, Nita's star ability let's you heal the bear and the bear heal you.

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple
Well you can throw the bear when you deploy it which a lot of people don't seem to understand, at least until they see someone else do it.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I'm at 2000 cups and I feel like I have a pretty good handle on all of my brawlers except for Ricochet. His health is so much lower than Colt and I rarely find situations to bounce bullets. He dies to every little thing.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
If there was some sort of auto-assist for bouncing off walls into enemies or if bullets didn't bounce perpendicularly that might help Ricochet. Or not. Maybe he's just bad.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Ricochet's just bad. Even on maze-maps where he should be good, AOE and wall-destroying attacks remove his entire gimmick. And he has less health to boot, for reasons. It's a shame because his lines are so great.

I think if his bullets bounced like Jesse's did on impact with an enemy, he'd be pretty good, but I wonder what beta players think of him. Maybe he's OP in some weirdass circumstances where you want a weaker, lower damage, non-cover-piercing Colt.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The only good blue (super rare?) is Penny. The others are all reallly bleh. Penny owns though.

Like, I have no idea when you'd play Daryl when you wouldn't want Bull, Shell, or El Primo. Ricochet is just bad Colt with a low-use gimmick

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I hated Darryl at first as well, when I was new and only played Gem Grab. He's excellent in Showdown because he's the most mobile tank and his Special charges automatically so you can hide and run away. You can easily be in the top 3 almost every game. He's also excellent in Brawl Ball because he can throw passes to himself and basically dribble to the goal.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

FistEnergy posted:

I hated Darryl at first as well, when I was new and only played Gem Grab. He's excellent in Showdown because he's the most mobile tank and his Special charges automatically so you can hide and run away. You can easily be in the top 3 almost every game. He's also excellent in Brawl Ball because he can throw passes to himself and basically dribble to the goal.

I don't want to be in the top 3 I want to be in the top 1 and Darryl will never kill anyone. He is trash.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

I have 75+ first place solo showdown wins since release and I have never seen a Darryl in even the top 5 that I can remember.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
That's weird. After failing to get anywhere with him in Gem Grab, I switched to Showdown and immediately went 0-200.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I don't have close to all the brawlers yet but my most hated so far is Jessie. What modes is she good on?

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

vulturesrow posted:

I don't have close to all the brawlers yet but my most hated so far is Jessie. What modes is she good on?

Jessie is awesome for destroying pubbies that love to bunch up together, and her turret is a great distraction. She's good in Gem Grab and Bounty at the very least.

Also I've won several Showdowns with Darryl so seconding that he's good in that mode.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

FistEnergy posted:

That's weird. After failing to get anywhere with him in Gem Grab, I switched to Showdown and immediately went 0-200.

As far as I've seen matchmaking gets way tougher at 200+ trophies. My Shelly is 400 and every game is long and difficult (and devoid of Darryl)

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Rip this guy

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I just went from 2100 to 2500. Showdown is easy and fun.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Showdown is great. I just play for 2nd every time. 😁

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
:same:

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
I feel like the showdown rewards should be exponentially better as you place higher. As it is once I get to top 3 I kinda don’t care about playing chicken with the remaining people.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I do one of two:
1) I play for first
2) I play to make sure someone who took a crate from me absolutely does not win.
400s are tough as heck though and everyone hates Shelley because her ult let's her win a late game 1v1.

Edit: I take back what I said about Ricochet. He's got some maps, but I think he still only goes for 2nd/3rd on a lot of those maps

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
The key to Showdown is to avoid all confrontation until there are 7 players left unless you're jumping on a wounded player with no sign of a 3rd

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

FistEnergy posted:

The key to Showdown is to avoid all confrontation until there are 7 players left unless you're jumping on a wounded player with no sign of a 3rd

Why 7?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
10 9 and 8th place lose a bunch of cups. 7th loses 1, 6th breaks even, and 5th gains 1. The correct mathematical strategy is to play conservative until 7th, then go aggro and try for the top 4. 5-7 are nearly the same thing.