Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Oh had a banger today

Call scheduled 2 days ago

Guy calls me at the right time

Launches immediately with "ok goto this website so we can remote in and start looking at log files"

He mutes the call for 30 minutes while rooting around in log files

Then says he has what he needs and ends the call

Mother fucker why did you tie up my phone for 30 minutes in total silence for something you could have done without my involvement whatsoever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Just had our weekly meeting with 3 new people so we aaaallll had to go around and introduce ourselves and what we do.

Also this meeting has an attendance sheet.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Blue On Blue posted:

Oh had a banger today

Launches immediately with "ok goto this website so we can remote in and start looking at log files"

Mother fucker why did you tie up my phone for 30 minutes in total silence for something you could have done without my involvement whatsoever

Uh that owns actually. You could just fart around and point to your phone when someone asked you something.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
Remind me, which GPL has oversight of the CRO PM QC of the UAT for the eCRF? And does that go in the SOF or the eTMF?

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Super Waffle posted:

Just had our weekly meeting with 3 new people so we aaaallll had to go around and introduce ourselves and what we do.

Also this meeting has an attendance sheet.

Did everyone have to go around the room and give an interesting fact about themselves?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

shut up blegum posted:

Uh that owns actually. You could just fart around and point to your phone when someone asked you something.

I mean I had other stuff to do. He did interrupt once every 5 minutes to say something stupid

Which means I has to also close out of whatever I was doing and un mute myself

Meh

opie
Nov 28, 2000
Check out my TFLC Excuse Log!

Blue On Blue posted:

I mean I had other stuff to do. He did interrupt once every 5 minutes to say something stupid

Which means I has to also close out of whatever I was doing and un mute myself

Meh

That's like when people insist on staying on the phone while they compile or reboot a server. I guess they're afraid I'll block their number if we hang up.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
"Okay team, you were all on the crew for this job yesterday, so I'll try to keep this brief."

*Proceeds to spend half a god drat hour bringing up absolutely zero new information, to people who've all worked there for over a year, repeating himself multiple times, all to basically say "work faster"*

Churchill
Nov 27, 2007
Winston

Blaziken386 posted:

"Okay team, you were all on the crew for this job yesterday, so I'll try to keep this brief."

*Proceeds to spend half a god drat hour bringing up absolutely zero new information, to people who've all worked there for over a year, repeating himself multiple times, all to basically say "work faster"*

Well, how else would you seem important and hide the fact that your contribution to a project is gently caress all

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Shinjobi posted:

*watches anime on laptop*

*goes to bathroom*

*watches various anime OPs on cel phone whilst making GBS threads*

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Blue On Blue posted:

Oh had a banger today

You just got rubber ducked.

Often Abbreviated posted:

Remind me, which GPL has oversight of the CRO PM QC of the UAT for the eCRF? And does that go in the SOF or the eTMF?

I hate you.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
*sprays cum until everyone dies of cum overdose*

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Zzulu posted:

Uhhhh, I think I'm in the wrong meeting

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Zzulu posted:

I never get invited to the meetings with the good catering :(

Grudgerm
May 4, 2012

by Reene

Zzulu posted:

“Hmm I was just thinking that”

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Im the guy who brings cum from home but wont share.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Not too long ago I had to attend a conference call/ Saba meeting to show us some new stuff thats been added to our yearly UNAX briefings and the loving lady would stop the meeting about every 1/2 hour - 45 minutes to tell everyone to stretch and she'd play that loving Pharrell song Happy and I wanted to loving murder her - just hurry up and get this poo poo over with I don't need to stretch you old crone

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
hm do you think its okay if I erase this whiteboard? it says plo....

*marker has been there for so long it's become permanent*

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Zombiepop posted:

Im the guy who brings cum from home but wont share.

Someone keeps drinking all the cum I put in the lunch fridge at work so I tricked them by putting mayonnaise in there haha

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
First on the meeting agenda, the cum shortage and those not sharing it.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

*repeats what has been said 7 times already by different people

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Elderbean posted:

*repeats what has been said 7 times already by different people

So just to make sure I'm understanding this right, *repeats what you said*

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Super Waffle posted:

So just to make sure I'm understanding this right, *repeats what you said*

Can you just take that offline?

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
I like to spend a lot of time at meetings complaining about the lack of cake. It works brilliantly; as a runner up outcome sometimes people now bring cake, and as the best outcome I get invited to fewer meetings.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Batterypowered7 posted:

Can you just take that offline?

Yeah, let's table that

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Yeah, let's table that

I agree but before we do can I just clarify ...<restarts original argument>

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I hope someone is making minutes of this so we know what we talked about at the next one.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
:Tries to play it cool while trying not to side glance secretary's jahoobies:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Wicker Man posted:

:Tries to play it cool while trying not to side glance secretary's jahoobies:

*makes a mental note to creep on the new hire's Facebook/LinkedIn photos after work*

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
*Asks for any volunteers for a project, uses the code word "opportunity" so that everyone knows to avoid it like the plague.*

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
"i'd like to take a moment to table this discussion."

*slams head into table repeatedly*

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

SciFiDownBeat posted:

*makes a mental note to creep on the new hire's Facebook/LinkedIn photos after work*

*you accidentally "like" the picture you're creeping on facebook: cannot sleep all night. as a result you miss the six alarms you set. called into HR for being late to work - it's the new hire. she knows what you've done. she doesn't mention it as you leave the room, but her expression of disgust tells volumes. she'll tell jane and then everyone will know. deactivating your facebook will only incriminate you further. during lunch you eat alone. loving jane. everyone knows*

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Songbearer posted:

*you accidentally "like" the picture you're creeping on facebook: cannot sleep all night. as a result you miss the six alarms you set. called into HR for being late to work - it's the new hire. she knows what you've done. she doesn't mention it as you leave the room, but her expression of disgust tells volumes. she'll tell jane and then everyone will know. deactivating your facebook will only incriminate you further. during lunch you eat alone. loving jane. everyone knows*

lol

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
*meeting planner sets up a webex at max volume, one attendee's colicky baby is screaming nonstop*
*no one on site sees a problem with this, begins the meeting with both room doors open*
*sound pours out into boneheaded open office design while I'm desperately trying to debug an issue that keeps taking out our main app in production*
*another attendee joins the meeting, also has crying baby*

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
Hey guys welcome to the new Kanban meeting, testing was complaining that code wasn't being committed to give them enough time so we're holding these to keep everyone accountable. Everyone's bugs for this monthly release are on a whiteboard until we can get JIRA configured

*new guy walks up, nervously reads out his bug number, moves a peg to the completed phase*

"Hahah hang on Jake you moved the wrong peg, yellow is coding, blue is unit testing*

"Oh h-haha" *Jake awkwardly fixes his mistake*

*bunch of senior developers sigh heavily, stop loving around on their phones long enough to move pegs*

*perennial bullshitter explains how busy he is and that's why he hasn't made any progress*

*two people visibly have to poo poo or are falling asleep because meeting is an hour after lunch*

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i'm a woman

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

medium cream, 2 sugars

now

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

starts reading the news and SA when the guy with the obnoxiously thick French accent starts talking because two dogs loving would make more sense to me.

listens to all the sickly people cough incessantly.

resists urge to tell one guy in particular "blow your loving nose instead of constantly snorting. Jesus."

Once again say "I've run into blockers, I cannot proceed farther on my work. JIRA issue X and Y opened" instead of "due to the pathetically antiquated way things are done here and how numerous departments are staffed with lazy nitwits, I have to wait days or weeks for things outside of my control to be fixed before proceeding farther. The fact I have to keep repeating this poo poo to you people is just more reason to laugh in the face of people who say that private business is always more efficient."

"Who's "Wireless caller?" Is that you, Eugene?"

stares at wall, thinking about impending phone interview, completely ignoring what everyone's talking about, with hands crossed in front of me, because I stopped giving a poo poo months ago and am actively heading for the lifeboats

laughs at required joke about non-stop issues with one of our server deployment "flavors," meanwhile thinking "If Amazon, Google, Apple, or some other large tech company decides to go toe-to-toe with you, they will eat. You. Alive. I'll be gone soon so it would be hilarious to watch."

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Look, I have to cough straight into the mic, because I work from home on the pretense that I'm under the weather, and I need to convince the manager on the call that it's actually me who's doing him a favour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
Okay guys, this meeting is to sign off on this document that was sent out to you a week and a half ago. I asked for any input to make sure that the document is correct, and no one sent me any emails back, so this should be a quick meeting!

*it's a 10 page document*

*no one has read the document*

*about 3 managers complain about every other line*

*meeting takes an hour and a half when it was slotted for for an hour*

Haha, okay guys, I'll make the necessary changes and email the document back out.

*spend 30 minutes updating document, send email with new document out to managers again, never get sign offs*

About six months later, from an app dev lead: "Hey, so did you ever get that document made, looks like it's a couple months overdue and I'm being asked why we don't have it yet"