Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
❤️
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ExrWJFbYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUchrX45SuI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr0t-oveuoY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Nirvana - Nevermind
Rage Against the Machine - Self Titled

Fun Fact.....both the Pumpkins and Nirvana albums were produced by Butch Vig.....the drummer from the band Garbage!

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
From Long Gones to Hawkmoth by Paul Curreri might actually be perfect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34BMVpLXqFc

this dude is great

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

has anyone said daft punk - discovery? because that one is real good to

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Where's Graceland on that list, OP?? <:mad:>

e: Paul McCartney & Wings - Band on the Run

Harold Stassen fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 14, 2018

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Oh yeah like every Tool album too.

As much as I love them they all have a missed track or two. Ænima is the closest probably but ehh, you know. Die eier von Satan is just a straight comedy track that should have been on a puscifer record.

e:
For content this is at least pretty close if not a perfect album as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-lIxIYmdKM

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

e: Paul McCartney & Wings - Band on the Run

good choice, even/especially if you add on Helen Wheels and Country Dreamer like the 1993 rerelease. I would say Tug of War was a perfect album but he just had to include Ebony and Ivory

Woden
May 6, 2006
Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile and The Downward Spiral

No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom comes really close

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
it seems like there's a bunch of mccartney/wings albums that are close to beatles quality except for one or two really embarrassing songs

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Woden posted:

Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile and The Downward Spiral
Faith No More - Album of the Year

No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom comes really close

okay TDS I can see maybe but The Fragile is perfect?? I love it and everything but come on

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Ween Pure Guava and then Ween Quebec

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sid Vicious posted:

Hey sheep goats what song or part of a song on dark side of the moon do you think drags it down just curious because it was where my mind went as soon as reading the thread title

A lotta people won't like this but it's the clocks and the dopey sounding baseline that open Time

It almost works but it's really jarring and sometimes I like it and sometimes I hate it so I couldn't settle on the album.

I think it's next in line though, for sure

It was written while they were on tour basically so all the songs are from working rather than some high concept screed, the lyrics are intentionally more direct, there aren't any long instrumentals (apart from the really good wordless vocal) and those are the usual spots where theres a flub on their other albums (but also some of their moments -- I consider Comfortably Numb to be the single best song of the last whatever years)

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nurge posted:

As much as I love them they all have a missed track or two. Ænima is the closest probably but ehh, you know. Die eier von Satan is just a straight comedy track that should have been on a puscifer record.

Agree with this notion exactly

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
if it werent for the last track Undertow would be perfect

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Deep Purple In Rock.
Thin Lizzy Jailbreak

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Gay Weed Dad posted:

:D Gay Dad seems to be the name of the band, which album did you have?
Oh poo poo! I remembered wrong and thought they had only managed one, self-titled album. It's Leisure Noise I own which also has the most :effort: album art:

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Singles by Future Islands is my only perfect album, but there are lots of really freakin good ones in this thread.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

There are like maybe like five thin lizzy songs I dont like.

Also, iron maidens self titled debut is amazing.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Senor Dog posted:

Singles by Future Islands is my only perfect album, but there are lots of really freakin good ones in this thread.

That's a hella weird choice Senior Dog but thanks for posting

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Rubellavator posted:

Deep Purple In Rock.

Good rear end album but the opening lyrics to Bloodsucker are incredibly loving stupid now.

"Gotta black breast Chinese eyes
Got an English brain that's gonna make me wise"

Lol.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

JebanyPedal posted:

Good rear end album but the opening lyrics to Bloodsucker are incredibly loving stupid now.

"Gotta black breast Chinese eyes
Got an English brain that's gonna make me wise"

Lol.

I forget the songs have lyrics sometimes, I just listen to the amazing vocals.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Rubellavator posted:

There are like maybe like five thin lizzy songs I dont like.

Somewhere in Time is a perfect album.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I dunno if these are "perfect albums" but I've always found these albums to be the ones that once I start listening I pretty much always listen to the whole thing.

The Postal Service - Give Up (also my fav album ever)
Brian Eno - Ambient 1: Music For Airports
Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels 1

I would say Pink Floyd - The Wall, but it's got some terrible filler tracks and the whole thing takes a huge misstep at the end with "The Trial". I think Darkside is probably a better album over all.

Rubellavator posted:

Man, the instrumental track "Transylvania" is so loving good, but it's real hard to listen to Iron Maiden without Bruce Dickinson

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Big Beef City posted:

A ton of people will groan at this but I don't give a poo poo.

40oz to Freedom by Sublime

Counterpoint: Date rape, Bad Fish, Smoke Two joints.

Rest of the album is perfect, but those three songs (which were the singles, too, ugh) make it flawed.

I vote Aja by Steely Dan

7 tight, amazing, groundbreaking jazz rock songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwaz40X0mQk

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

The Motor Booty Affair

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

I vote Aja by Steely Dan

7 tight, amazing, groundbreaking jazz rock songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwaz40X0mQk

I've been slowly going through their discography for a while now, and this is next up, so it's good to hear at least two people say it's perfect.

Steely Dan owns. Side B of The Royal Scam has been the only real dip in quality so far; Haitian Divorce is good but not really feeling the rest

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Has anyone posted Dave Matthew's
Cause lol if someone did I want to see it.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Jigglesby posted:

The Motor Booty Affair

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

I like "Strangers in the Night" by UFO.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

mycophobia posted:

I've been slowly going through their discography for a while now, and this is next up, so it's good to hear at least two people say it's perfect.

Steely Dan owns. Side B of The Royal Scam has been the only real dip in quality so far; Haitian Divorce is good but not really feeling the rest

Agreed especially about side B of tRS. It reminds me of Floyd, where for years they would get part of an album beyond perfect, but there would be some total garbage (Meddle, I'm looking at you). Aja is Steely's Dark side of the moon

Gobblecoque posted:

It's Steely Dan's Aja, op

poo poo I missed this.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

raton posted:

A lotta people won't like this but it's the clocks and the dopey sounding baseline that open Time

It almost works but it's really jarring and sometimes I like it and sometimes I hate it so I couldn't settle on the album.

I think it's next in line though, for sure

It was written while they were on tour basically so all the songs are from working rather than some high concept screed, the lyrics are intentionally more direct, there aren't any long instrumentals (apart from the really good wordless vocal) and those are the usual spots where theres a flub on their other albums (but also some of their moments -- I consider Comfortably Numb to be the single best song of the last whatever years)

I don't hate you for this opinion, but also, everything you said is precisely part of why I love it.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Nobody will ever believe me, but I think Last Splash is unsung 90s perfection.

Hazy, funny, dreamy... I listened to this on repeat like Nevermind forever. And Drivin on 9 is the strangest, funniest, and most perfect end that you eventually realize does fit.

Last Splash (The Breeders, 1993) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNitVGYNCIxF85QLJSVeu_zVHzrh6X3XI

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

disintegration by the cure

This is a top 5 album for me, definitely my favorite Arena rock album, but man it unravels on side B

Ape Agitator posted:

Nobody will ever believe me, but I think Last Splash is unsung 90s perfection.

Hazy, funny, dreamy... I listened to this on repeat like Nevermind forever. And Drivin on 9 is the strangest, funniest, and most perfect end that you eventually realize does fit.

[video type="youtube"]/playlist?list=PLNitVGYNCIxF85QLJSVeu_zVHzrh6X3XI[/video]

Is this the Breeders? Isn't that the heroin chick from the Pixies? I missed this one, I'll check it out, thanks

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
gently caress that, it’s redneck poo poo by wheeler walker jr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytFppGw6wg0

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Ace of Spades by Motorhead.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zdLfPN6F-o

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
Pink Floyd's Meddle

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Nirvana - Nevermind
Rage Against the Machine - Self Titled

Fun Fact.....both the Pumpkins and Nirvana albums were produced by Butch Vig.....the drummer from the band Garbage!

are you...are you me?

Siamese Dream is life.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sid Vicious posted:

Hey sheep goats what song or part of a song on dark side of the moon do you think drags it down just curious because it was where my mind went as soon as reading the thread title

For me, it's Us and Them . Just repeats the same structure for 7 sleepy minutes. Still a great song, but if we're nitpicking about perfection, it needed to either change it up at the midpoint or be shorter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

raton posted:

I downloaded this one because it's on a buncch of lists like Pitchfork kinda ones but it ain't clicked I guess IDK

I can never remember any of it after I listened to it

Not sure you get the point of Loveless my dude.