Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tbh I forgot about rex but idk that I'd rate him that highly as a damage stick. he'll hit pretty hard with 7c sa but he's not gonna double cap consistently without a cross and I'd rather use his latents for utility. I'd prob put him at like b or c maybe

inahime is good but there are just better subs out there imo. but I wouldn't be upset with bumping her up a little either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Guh, one of the city's COVID alerts knocked me out of the event stage.

God I hate timer stages.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Did 24 pulls on the collab, I just wanted something good!

Pulled a Genos, two speed-o-sounds and a deep sea king.

Genos is pretty neat, but holy man is team building rough and he does poo poo damage if you don't mega blob. But when you mega blob you get this neat tiger effect and the sound is so loud that it distorts my phone's speakers, hah.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Here's a pretty easy TA3 team featuring 2 Garou. I bring it up because you can farm the Apophis equip right now in the Lunar Quest dungeons.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bN7NcZGr0Os

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
JP announced a 20 stone GFE

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

and it only has 7* base gfe or the new 8* ones announced on stream

it's really expensive but they did just give out 220 stones and 3 free rolls from beating the new athena dungeon, so jp players are prob happy

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

10 pulls of the good stuff, for free? gently caress yeah

The Switch game looks interesting. I'm sure I said that before about the pervious pad Nintendo games though

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I was interested in the 3DS PAD game and I hated it. On the other hand I'm kind of losing interest in pad again so maybe if this is good this can be my fix that won't revolve around a gacha.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

JP stream was pretty wild. Too much to list.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/subg3q/10th_anniversary_related_news_events/

Here's my pulls from the 20 stone machine. Good times, look forward to it in the US version

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

look at this volcano dragon ult lmao

https://pad.protic.site/new-animated-evolutions-for-various-old-cards/

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I yolo'd into V Akine today and already had a V Ideal... So, what's the new rainbow meta, I guess?

I have too many drat monsters and it's hard to keep track of what they all do. :v:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you pair ideal with her ult (or, if you have 1 bmariel, you can pair the ult ideal with another mariel for their active loop)

ideally you want a spike loop like double bmariel. if you don't have her then wait for the artist event because there's a good alternative there. also if you can pull off a swap, 7x6 helps your damage and combo count

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dang Genos and the newly updated R. Red Odin and the upcoming new evo for Popo make me wanna make a Red Blob Team... but I'm missing Christmas Xiaohou Dun and Christmas Selica and the other Christmas Red Blob card and they ain't coming back anytime soon.

Seasonals suck!

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.
I got me a story Sakuya :comfyoot:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Clearing the March quests made me see that I went from struggling in Jurond’s dungeon for some dumb reason to absolutely sleep walking through it.

Power creep is real and my friend.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
How good is this new event/REM stuff? I loathe how obnoxiously grindy ones like these are.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Framboise posted:

How good is this new event/REM stuff? I loathe how obnoxiously grindy ones like these are.

Nothing worth chasing on the REM machine unless you really, really, really like rainbow leads? Rates don’t seem great but we get 2 free rolls so I’m just matching those with 2 more while I continue to save for the 20-REM

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Hans is a great Daytona sub, Atelie is the main chase pull but based on my experience with her in JP
1) Raffina is a required sub, which NA doesn't yet have (she's a 8* GFE that will have a medal exchange)
2) you need like 30 seconds of move time to max prong a 7x6 board, and as a not great player I still frequently doink with that amount of move time
3) the playstyle is EXTREMELY slow, so even if she's good you'll be bored out of your mind

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

atelie's the best lead in the game but seems tedious to me. melty's a really important rainbow sub and hans is great for daytona in some dungeons. the other 7* are good leads too and I can see uses for some other stuff (like 2x ren gives you a 50% shield loop for rainbow teams) but those first 3 are the big pulls imo

rates seem lower than previous events like this since there aren't any 5*. if you roll, it'll probably hurt. there are secret bosses here just like the other regular rem events so unfortunately the grind is back

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I think it just may be time to tap out lol.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I think there's a fairly wide middle ground between turbo grind, max skill secrets, clear all MD/ASR dungeons and quit cold turkey

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Nah, I've been minimally engaged for months now. I just think I'm more or less over my decade long stint with gachas in general.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I did like 25 pulls and got Hansx2 and Meltyx2 and the BR 7* and also 2 Nauts for some reason.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Finally eat Mystic Dungeon with a Rafine team, wasn't even expecting to pull it off but somehow I did despite going in blind.

Hell yeah.

Meanwhile I keep getting hosed in Alt. Shura 2 because of Oku and his Bind -> Lethal Poison Board -> 3 Roulettes poo poo because I don't have a board reset and my brain isn't good enough to make a board even with like nearly 40+ seconds of move time.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

try sloth dragon from sdkh, board change+cleric in 1 active. and since raffine needs to match every color anyway, the skill charge makes it like 6 cd

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I do have Sloth but Sloth has no SDR so it never has its skill up by the time I get to the floor.

My team is Rafine with MP Shop Equip / Melty with some equip that I forgot / Sloth Dragon with 10-pull Remdra equip / H. Chaekol with the Gungho Shield equip (so I get 8 turns of 35% damage reduction even if I overcharge, and an extra SB and some health to boot) / Dark Aten with 10-pull Remdra equip / Friend New Year's Reeche.

I've been considering replacing my Dark Aten with Red Aten, since Red Aten has a 2-turn board replace. I would lose my Board Unlock and my RCV buff but I haven't really needed to buff my RCV yet and one of my friend's NY Reeche has the L Super Awakening, and H. Chaekol also has an unlock as a part of her skill, so maybe that might work.

I guess I could Super Limit Break my Sloth and give it 2 SDR or get rid of the Jammer Resist and give it 8 SDR.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I also have Ateile but she seems even harder to get going than Rafine, which sucks cause I enjoy the playstyle. Also her SB situation is way worse cause I hafta fit in both Rafine and Ateile in my team.

I also have V. Ideal and V. Akine but the V. Ideal Leaderswap Team feels way weaker than my Ateile and Rafine teams.

I just wish there were dungeons that lasted long enough for me to enjoy playing around with her while not tossing a billion debuffs at me to make me hate playing the game.

I also wish Christmas was back so I could get subs for Genos.

Man I really missed out.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I also have Ateile but she seems even harder to get going than Rafine, which sucks cause I enjoy the playstyle. Also her SB situation is way worse cause I hafta fit in both Rafine and Ateile in my team.

I also have V. Ideal and V. Akine but the V. Ideal Leaderswap Team feels way weaker than my Ateile and Rafine teams.

I just wish there were dungeons that lasted long enough for me to enjoy playing around with her while not tossing a billion debuffs at me to make me hate playing the game.

I also wish Christmas was back so I could get subs for Genos.

Man I really missed out.

TBH I was trying to make the V. Ideal leaderswap team work and it is possible (I think using Valeria or some other high SB sub is better than the comps I've seen with Droiddra) but V. Ideal x Dark V. Ideal is much smoother (assuming you have V. Akina and Raffine as subs, plus either Melty or B. Mariel) than the leaderswap team. I managed to clear both Machine titles with that team, and then rolled right into the Mega Awoken Athena dungeon with zero changes to the team.

There are also a bunch of Daytona farm teams for that dungeon where you can clear it in like ~4 minutes flat but V. Ideal is going to be my go-to for facerolling some of the tougher content going forward.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
DKali has 7 SB in final form with SA

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I do have a Daytona team, complete with 2 H. Cottons, that Painter sub, Yukimura from PoT, and also the cleric from Dai.

But I use Daytona a lot as it is (and I used it a fuckton for farming the new Athena dungeon) and I just wanna run Rainbow teams.

Or Saphira teams. I have 2 Saphiras, 1 Saitama, and a bunch of good Saphira subs like Light Sara and YYH Shura and New Years Astera or whatever her name is. I even have 2 copies of the Light Flower Fairy, who I hear can be an alternate pairing for her. Dunno how to deal with Absorbs with this team, though.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Getting closer to my first MD1 clear. Next time for sure...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I somehow managed to beat MD1 without knowing the gimmicks, just repeatedly bashing my head into it with my Raffine team and somehow won. I'm not sure I could win again.

Then I used all my new stones on the DQ machine and got 2 Mystvearns (and 2 more from the paid pulls). Good poo poo. If I could only look up a guide, I might be able to run MD2.

Now my current goal is hitting 1000 for the free 1000 gacha before reset in June, I'm at 989 already and getting like 60 million per Alt. Shura run with my Polowne > Chrollo leadersawp team.

I also picked up 3 Meruems from the HxH gacha (2 from pulls, 1 from trading), and having 3 Meruems means you never have to worry about Poison/Jammer/Bomb attacks, Poison/Jammer Fall, Damage Void, and Board Lock because you can Unlock + convert the board to Poison / Dark / Wood / Heal every turn.

The big issue with this team is dealing with Damage/Element Absorb because my team needs GH Belial for the healing because Meruem doesn't null Poison damage, and because my subs are pretty rigid; I need Cecilia for the 7x6 board and Chrollo to swap a Meruem into the leader slot. Which means Chrollo has to carry Damage/Attribute Absorb Null, and that Cecilia has to cover all Roulettes, RCV debuffs, ATK debuffs, and Movetime debuffs with her 5-turn CD active.

Also since all 3 Mereums + Chrollo can't carry DDC and Belial has no damage, stuff that requires DDC is nigh-impossible to kill (only Cecila can carry it).

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I wanted to start playing PaD again after not touching it for years and I'm now discovering that EU servers are down or something?
I don't mind starting over, since I was gonna be playing with a friend anyways but is the game doing fine or what?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

I wanted to start playing PaD again after not touching it for years and I'm now discovering that EU servers are down or something?
I don't mind starting over, since I was gonna be playing with a friend anyways but is the game doing fine or what?

The game is healthy, I'd say, but there's definitely a feeling of stagnation. Still fairly strong in JP and HK, doing OK in NA. EU servers closed a couple years ago because they just weren't making enough money to justify keeping them open, but you can grab the NA or JP apks and play that way.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

I agree, the game is healthier than ever. The amount of, just, stuff, might overwhelm, but it's not going anywhere soon.
The EU servers were pretty always shite. Better just get the. Apk for the US one IMHO. Makes it harder to spend money I think, but the game give so much stuff for free now it shouldn't matter much

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Game's doin' okay, we still need JP & KR help to hit Twitter goals for non-popular IPs and Multiplayer mode (the 8-player one) is like 1/2 in-game bots to make up for a lack of people, but the game's health is probably still fine, and we just got the HxH collab (never got it when it first came around in Japan years ago).

There's been a lot of power creep, and even a lot of older pantheon cards got buffed to be useful subs or equipment. So dungeons that might have seemed impossible in the past can be a breeze now.

I enjoy it and just play at my own place; I recently hit level 1,000 by grinding Alt. Shura 1 with a Leader Swap team.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

disaster pastor posted:

EU servers closed a couple years ago because they just weren't making enough money to justify keeping them open, but you can grab the NA or JP apks and play that way.

Reading between the lines it wasn't the cost of operation that read the problem, it's not like they were doing any additional localization and it only takes a couple whales to pay for hosting. The real problem was the player base was abysmally small, which became glaringly obvious with ranking cups. As I recall once they formally announced EOL for EU it was like a floodgate of content hitting NA with something hitting every two weeks for a while as Gungho was trying to catch us up.

It also probably looked real bad for GH whenever they were trying to negotiate collab licensing since each region seems to be handled separately. Having one region listed as a hundred active players when the others are at least hundreds of thousands does not make a good sales tactic.

psilo
Oct 18, 2009

it was pretty bad that they never released an android client for eu pad

About getting back to game: game's fine, but IMO the most annoying problem right now is the lack of english content, guides, databases and so on.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Paddb is pretty essential I find.
IOS and Android

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

we don't have much for dungeons but there are resources for card info and jp news

https://pad.protic.site/
https://pad.chesterip.cc/
https://ilmina.com/
https://hyperionpad.com/