Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Whomever decided to keep using that gator fucker with the resolve murder counter should be kicked in the dick. 3 runs in a row where small combos skyfall 2-3 matches, usually green and light, to ensure my small water combo is instead going to push it to the gently caress you murder move instead of just breaking down the resolve. I guess I need to just bring a fua sub and ignore that dumb resolve poo poo entirely.

A big shield will in fact do the job, and is frequently how I handle it because I'm lazy. But the "git gud" option is to bring a FUA and kill him that way, which is probably the better of the two options. Resolve bosses are probably just going to get more common and being able to handle them is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
The croc is also not status shielded so you can use delay or poison, or as a two hit attack you can use a counterattack. He's probably the easiest of the 'kill you' resolve enemies, aside from being made of paper so it's hard to chip him.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Stupid question what's FUA

psilo
Oct 18, 2009

big black turnout posted:

Stupid question what's FUA

follow up attack

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
hosed up attack

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Got a Barbara for my latest Heroine pull. I think I peaked at Mel 3 pulls ago.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

dragon enthusiast posted:

hosed up attack

hosed Up if Accurate

psilo posted:

follow up attack

Ta

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer
Getting back into this game after like... A year break?

Man I am lost. But in the plus side during my break I apparently got good at Diablos!

So how far behind the curve is Diablos now? My team is Diablos/rHaku/rHaku/rYoni/Diaochan (I think, I don't have it on the phone to confirm that past spot) Also I'm guessing padherder is dead, looks like it isn't being updated anymore.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
^^^ I think Diablos is still an S-tier lead. It's still showing up a lot on my friend list. Not as much as some other units (especially Ciel due to the freebie) but for a unit that's a year or two old it's stayed remarkably popular.

I'm going to feel real bad for the people who decide to start playing PAD on Jan 10th.

OTOH starting with Giga, Non, or Ciel would make most of the content braindead easy even for a new player. Currently running Ciel, R.Isis, Ana Valk, R.Amateratsu, Fujin. It's real, real dumb how hard this team hits with a 7c or better. And it has something like 12 seconds of orb move time to make those 7+ combo boards happen.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Dec 30, 2018

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm going to feel real bad for the people who decide to start playing PAD on Jan 10th.

OTOH starting with Giga, Non, or Ciel would make most of the content braindead easy even for a new player.

I played for 4 years, quit, and have come back and practically started with Ciel 2 weeks ago and blasted through everything once again. Beyond braindead. You'd really, really have to suck to not be able to combo at least 4 with her and just melt everything Mythical difficulty and below.

I'm like rank 340 now with zero whaling. The Christmas event was loving stupid in the best of ways.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Ironsolid posted:

Cool, new thread! Looking for Bf Triangle, I would like someone with Reeche (Reeche) but frankly I don't really care.

Active - Reeche (Reeche)
Other leads (will change slot 1 and 2 to accommodate the triangle)
DMeta (Sheena)
Madoo (Ronia)
Yusuke (Tachibana)
B&J (None)
Edward

This is from a ways back but I’m currently running Reeche (Reeche) if you still needed someone, and also have a Yusuke I run sometimes. :)

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
What happens jan 10? I'm working on recovering my account and I almost certainly have no up-to-date leads at least not at their appropriate evos since i haven't been around since 2016

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

IllegallySober posted:

This is from a ways back but I’m currently running Reeche (Reeche) if you still needed someone, and also have a Yusuke I run sometimes. :)

I also have a Reeche(Reeche) if some sort of triangular thing was the goal.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Olothreutes posted:

I also have a Reeche(Reeche) if some sort of triangular thing was the goal.

I think it was, and I’m in for a triangle if Ironsolid is. :)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Framboise posted:

I played for 4 years, quit, and have come back and practically started with Ciel 2 weeks ago and blasted through everything once again. Beyond braindead. You'd really, really have to suck to not be able to combo at least 4 with her and just melt everything Mythical difficulty and below.

I'm like rank 340 now with zero whaling. The Christmas event was loving stupid in the best of ways.

For the hell of it I made an alt account and it has an evo'd Ciel at rank 31 since I was able to carry it through Mion Descended in co-op to get the diamond dragon fruit on it (and a sandalphon to use as a sub). Its original roll during the tutorial was Apolluo's egg, providing a shitload of RCV and a x5 atk active once it's evolved.

gwrtheyrn posted:

What happens jan 10? I'm working on recovering my account and I almost certainly have no up-to-date leads at least not at their appropriate evos since i haven't been around since 2016

The ability to trade for a free GFE Zeus/Athena/Valk ends.

e: I don't know if anyone wants to do a BFF triangle but right now my leads are Ciel, Yog, and D.Athena (non-evo'd because lol those evo reqs).

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Man. I really hope I can pull a Cotton in the godfest coming up. She seems ridiculously versatile but of course she's gonna be a Ciel sub. What a solid unit. 2 7c, unbindable, bind clearing, FUA, and solid stats to boost.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

I'm down for a triangle with almost anyone who has Yusuke up 24/7.

I have D. Athena up for casual farming, and will soon have a Madoo team ready. Ciel and something green/dark are also in the works.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

wait for the rates to be shown off first because standard godfests are literal trash. like 9% total chance at a gfe

maybe this one is different but I really doubt it

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Framboise posted:

Man. I really hope I can pull a Cotton in the godfest coming up. She seems ridiculously versatile but of course she's gonna be a Ciel sub. What a solid unit. 2 7c, unbindable, bind clearing, FUA, and solid stats to boost.

Good news, Cotton has 3x 7c.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

SweetJahasus posted:

Good news, Cotton has 3x 7c.

It's not fair to treat a SA like a regular awakening, there's a lot of caveats and it isn't always available (even in single player, e.g. rogue dungeons).

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

So this ranking dungeon seems like a pretty obvious Zeus Verse, no?

Floor 1 Ilmina or Melissa if you're poverty like me, could also use a defense breaker active to not get the penalty
Combo quickly on floors 2-4
Floor 5 hit 8 combos either with a combo boost active or skill
Floors 6-12 combo quickly
Floor 13 I've been using Sonia Elle to heal and make a tricolour board to use a VDP sub with
Floor 14 Yusuke and combo but that's probably unnecessary.

I've only done two runs and I'm sitting at 15%, I'm sure that'll go down a lot though.

I'm using Verse (Weld) / Sonia Elle / Yusuke / Melissa / Beach tachibana / Verse (Weld) friend.

Matching prongs seems to make the combo floors more consistent and you get a bonus for it, so putting a prong equip evo seems okay. I took assists off of my other monsters because the dungeon is really long and it kept overriding my assists, and I haven't had any problems sweeping floors so far.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

strat is 1c verse yea

you poison the doggos to ignore the combo shield and avoid the button penalty and bring dragon killers for the first few floors. I used beach valk (phys killer super awakening with attacker killer latents) for the non dragon floors. I think you're supposed to have specific damage control setups for the last couple floors but I just buttoned then vdp'd the boss. my first run was at like 8% but it'd go a lot higher just not using a button for zeal

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.puzzleanddragons.us/single-post/2018/12/30/New-Year-Celebration-Bonuses

Cool free poo poo incoming.
31 daily stones
700k MP
31 daily pys (and stones)
Chance for a Witch machines, weekly, everyone but Reeche
30 quest dungeons, stone for each unique clear
Weekly Chance of a Lifetime, stone for each
Skill leveling dungeon for MP units

Can't go wrong with 65 zero effort stones, 31 pys, and a ton of free MP.

The PAD of today is so generous. 4 years ago we were just happy stamina went to 5 minutes each from 10 and that golems were removed from the REM.

Framboise fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 1, 2019

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Every time I hear about old PAD I'm glad I never played then or I probably wouldn't be at this point.

In related news, gently caress no awakening/fixed lovely team dungeons that make me play old PAD.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
holy poo poo. they are going nuts with the freebies

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

I hope they add something good to the MP store for those of us who already have Odindra, Shivadra, etc. After this latest round of freebies I'll have more than 2 million MP with nothing to spend it on.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

I hope they add something good to the MP store for those of us who already have Odindra, Shivadra, etc. After this latest round of freebies I'll have more than 2 million MP with nothing to spend it on.

Same. I have two ragdras, an odindra, heradra and radra and none of them see any use other than odindra. I can't imagine I'll need shiva or neptune. Maybe I could finally pick up dark athena but I REALLY have no use for her so I dunno.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
The link shows a dark Meimei being added as a new thing for 750k.

Also this REM is a trap indeed. Pulled Apolluo which may be a decent pull since all my best units are light, but also Arthur and my third Aife, the last two being thrown straight into the woodchipper. Should have pulled heroines.

Framboise fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 1, 2019

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Olothreutes posted:

Every time I hear about old PAD I'm glad I never played then or I probably wouldn't be at this point.

In related news, gently caress no awakening/fixed lovely team dungeons that make me play old PAD.

There used to be dungeons that restricted team rank/color/type too. Draggie and Tengu used to be loving hard as balls if you'd believe it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Amens for everyone! No excuse to not be farming Normal Arena.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
https://m.facebook.com/notes/puzzle-dragons-north-america-gungho/new-year-extravaganza-event/2422070971154814/?anchor_composer=false

Oh hey we also get 14 gold tamas and 14 stones from them too. And a dungeon that gives you +99 for each clear.

Good lord, gungho.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'll probably buy the Kuro loop at this rate, but I'd need to find a Lajoa bf or something.

Might grab a second Odin dragon for the autorecovery form to help my Zela team's rcv issues but that feels pretty looking for something to do

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
What is Kuro loop?

I looked up what Amen can do and I'm very intrigued, but I probably lack the subs to really make it work.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Sure hope i get my account back before all the free stuff disappears

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Framboise posted:

What is Kuro loop?

I looked up what Amen can do and I'm very intrigued, but I probably lack the subs to really make it work.

Kuroyuri was a card from the mp shop that had an active that heals 40% of your hp for three turns with a six turn cooldown. With two on your team youcan have 100% uptime on her healing which helps a lot of high hp teams that struggle to keep their hp up.

Also I don't think Amen cares about subs, a 10,000x multiplier is enough to make any card hit like a truck. I guess you need a fua and a vdp, and a fujin active in there somewhere. It should be pretty easy. No color or type restrictions.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Framboise posted:

There used to be dungeons that restricted team rank/color/type too. Draggie and Tengu used to be loving hard as balls if you'd believe it.

Yeah, I remember when the color restriction was lifted so the sub color was counted. How we rejoiced!
I still have an unevolved Batman of some sort that was essential to some restricted bullshit.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

IllegallySober posted:

Didn't see this before I triangled. Literally did it an hour after you posted this.

Framboise posted:

https://www.puzzleanddragons.us/single-post/2018/12/30/New-Year-Celebration-Bonuses

Cool free poo poo incoming.
31 daily stones
700k MP
31 daily pys (and stones)
Chance for a Witch machines, weekly, everyone but Reeche
30 quest dungeons, stone for each unique clear
Weekly Chance of a Lifetime, stone for each
Skill leveling dungeon for MP units

Can't go wrong with 65 zero effort stones, 31 pys, and a ton of free MP.

The PAD of today is so generous. 4 years ago we were just happy stamina went to 5 minutes each from 10 and that golems were removed from the REM.

Don't forget the 30 extra stones from the gift dungeons

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Rascyc posted:

I'll probably buy the Kuro loop at this rate, but I'd need to find a Lajoa bf or something.

Might grab a second Odin dragon for the autorecovery form to help my Zela team's rcv issues but that feels pretty looking for something to do

Is Kuro returning to the shop? I don't see that announcement anywhere

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

jp had a super godfest that featured all the gunho collab 7* with buffs for most of them. they also got the mp stuff and special pal machine during that. this was like 2 months ago so it's due here soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Jp got the gungho collab before heroine and I'm p sure Kuro/Leo are attached to that collab for when they reappear in the shop. Hopefully we'll get ours soon cause I want to kind of try at either getting Karin for Ciel or just going double Kuro for Lajoa.

I might just buy sdrs though tbqh