Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Framboise posted:

There used to be dungeons that restricted team rank/color/type too. Draggie and Tengu used to be loving hard as balls if you'd believe it.

Running resolve teams lead by farmable ogres and spending 30+ minutes per Rainbow Keeper run. I think they were also only a 40% drop rate too? :shepicide:

Hobojim posted:

So this ranking dungeon seems like a pretty obvious Zeus Verse, no?

I assume Giga works just as well, or is having non-light units for certain waves a desired thing? I can run something like Giga, Ciel, Ilm, kirin, and whatever else for fast board changers that're needed. Or whomever for poison I guess.

e: Though Kirin as an assist for Zeus looks like it might be nice due to all those row awakenings he'd have then?

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jan 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

giga is much worse because none of the good dragon killer subs qualify

Rascyc posted:

I might just buy sdrs though tbqh

sdr invades are in udr atm. I'd wait and see if lbastet gets added to the shop first because she's a top tier lead and the best 1 turn cooldown active sub. she's part of the same series as dmeimei so I'm hopeful that we'll actually get her, unlike bath or dradra

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

Running resolve teams lead by farmable ogres and spending 30+ minutes per Rainbow Keeper run. I think they were also only a 40% drop rate too? :shepicide:

Archangel Lucifer was my first pull when I started playing back in 2013! Gotta love that 4/1/4. Farming Rainbow Keeper took hours. And sometimes I'd mess up and still die out of not paying attention!

Meanwhile, I'm going infinite again with Saline lead on x6 Hephaestus. I've already plowed my way through Lv1-15, January Novice, and almost all of January Int.

I'm on the fence with who to buy with my MP. I know Amen is great but I heard Cotton was in the MP store once and I'd grab her for my Ciel team in a heartbeat.

Framboise fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 1, 2019

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Rascyc posted:

Jp got the gungho collab before heroine and I'm p sure Kuro/Leo are attached to that collab for when they reappear in the shop. Hopefully we'll get ours soon cause I want to kind of try at either getting Karin for Ciel or just going double Kuro for Lajoa.

I might just buy sdrs though tbqh

Manatee Cannon posted:

jp had a super godfest that featured all the gunho collab 7* with buffs for most of them. they also got the mp stuff and special pal machine during that. this was like 2 months ago so it's due here soon

Dope, here's hoping.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzzle-dragons-north-america-gungho/remdra-descended-limited-time-dungeon-arrives/2419245738104004/

REMdra event dungeon starts tomorrow too. There's so much going on!

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Framboise posted:

https://www.puzzleanddragons.us/single-post/2018/12/30/New-Year-Celebration-Bonuses

Cool free poo poo incoming.
31 daily stones
700k MP
31 daily pys (and stones)
Chance for a Witch machines, weekly, everyone but Reeche
30 quest dungeons, stone for each unique clear
Weekly Chance of a Lifetime, stone for each
Skill leveling dungeon for MP units

Can't go wrong with 65 zero effort stones, 31 pys, and a ton of free MP.

The PAD of today is so generous. 4 years ago we were just happy stamina went to 5 minutes each from 10 and that golems were removed from the REM.

Old PaD is hilarious. I remember there were weeks with not events to speak of and Neptune was a decent starter based on stats alone.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Framboise posted:

I'm on the fence with who to buy with my MP. I know Amen is great but I heard Cotton was in the MP store once and I'd grab her for my Ciel team in a heartbeat.

just wait imo. amen's good for farming, but he's not something you take into real content unless you can activate his full ls every turn and know how to build a team for him

your mp isn't going anywhere. there's no rush

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
neptune was once a god-tier starter because his leader skill let you clear ocean of heaven without much risk

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Remember when you could only do a present dungeon once becuase GungHo couldn't figure out how to renew them?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
It's me, the guy who wanted to farm more rainbow tickets and has to do all this stuff instead.

...at least I already got my crown score for the week :shobon:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

It's me, the guy who wanted to farm more rainbow tickets and has to do all this stuff instead.

...at least I already got my crown score for the week :shobon:

Is that dragon caller actually worth the 5 rainbow tickets? Or is it better to just buy the mask/fruit/super globe instead of trying to farm upwards of a dozen tickets?

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Evil Fluffy posted:

Is that dragon caller actually worth the 5 rainbow tickets? Or is it better to just buy the mask/fruit/super globe instead of trying to farm upwards of a dozen tickets?

There aren't that many uses for the fruits and masks if you've been playing for a while, IMO. I farmed up enough for the Super Snowglobe because they are always useful, and the dragon caller doesn't seem amazing, but it's a new card at least.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Manatee Cannon posted:

sdr invades are in udr atm.
Sweet thank you, I've been wondering what happened to that since it was mentioned forever ago, been too busy lately

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Infinite Karma posted:

There aren't that many uses for the fruits and masks if you've been playing for a while, IMO. I farmed up enough for the Super Snowglobe because they are always useful, and the dragon caller doesn't seem amazing, but it's a new card at least.
She's trash but I like trophies. And really now that we have January stamina sinks I won't bother with the rest of the ticket farming because I'm never THAT hard up for even super globes.

E: that said, new players, this is a good way to get your 1st to 3rd mask if you need one before you start stockpiling one per month with no uses for them from quests.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I ground out the tickets to trade for her just to have her. you never know, maybe she'll be good for something some day. it'd prob take some buffs to get there tho since she doesn't even have a unique active compared to the standard satsuki

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

I hate super awakenings.

Are there any easy + points coming up? I wasted 1.5k trying to get Tsubaki's killer super awakening for the ranking dungeon with no luck.

Also I'm sitting at ~4% at the moment without the awakening. It says I'm like 5k away from getting in crown range though, so that's kind of depressing.

Running Verse (Weld)/Yusuke/Julie (Kopis)/Kira (Claymore)/Moogle (Rodin Tamazo)/ friend Verse. I'm not sure how I can get faster without a way to poison the cerberii but I don't think I have a viable setup for it. I'm two skill boosts away if I inherit Jace on Dantalion and I don't think Whaledor is strong enough for the poison. I don't have a Mercury so I'm using Julie as a ghetto killer sub.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

What kind of poison is good? I slotted in Neptune but they didn't die.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

strat is 1c verse yea

you poison the doggos to ignore the combo shield and avoid the button penalty and bring dragon killers for the first few floors. I used beach valk (phys killer super awakening with attacker killer latents) for the non dragon floors. I think you're supposed to have specific damage control setups for the last couple floors but I just buttoned then vdp'd the boss. my first run was at like 8% but it'd go a lot higher just not using a button for zeal

What poison are you using that one-rounds the dogs? Rodin's poison isn't good enough apparently and I don't have Neptune.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Hobojim posted:

I hate super awakenings.

Are there any easy + points coming up? I wasted 1.5k trying to get Tsubaki's killer super awakening for the ranking dungeon with no luck.

Framboise posted:

https://m.facebook.com/notes/puzzle-dragons-north-america-gungho/new-year-extravaganza-event/2422070971154814/?anchor_composer=false

Oh hey we also get 14 gold tamas and 14 stones from them too. And a dungeon that gives you +99 for each clear.

Good lord, gungho.

The REMdra dungeon has +99/198/297 bonuses as well for clearing each boss a certain number of times or something too.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

What poison are you using that one-rounds the dogs? Rodin's poison isn't good enough apparently and I don't have Neptune.

Neptune Dragon works if you have it. Otherwise high base attack with inherited Jace from the Magic collab or Rathian from Monster Hunter apparently work.

Edit:

Framboise posted:

The REMdra dungeon has +99/198/297 bonuses as well for clearing each boss a certain number of times or something too.

Thanks a lot!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Hobojim posted:

Neptune Dragon works if you have it. Otherwise high base attack with inherited Jace from the Magic collab or Rathian from Monster Hunter apparently work.

Don't have any of the MP dragons but I do have a pair of Rathians so that'll work.

Need to make a VDP unit for the team as well. I have Onion Knight and I'm assuming his active can just kill the unit as well since it's 99 true damage and I wouldn't have to worry about doing the VDP at that point.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

I'm looking through this guide and thinking about going for the team listed first, but I don't have a Mercury. I was going to replace her with Dantalion with Jace assist, but now I'm realizing that'll gently caress up the Tsubaki calculation, won't it? Considering he has a ridiculous amount of red orb enhances.

Do orb enhance awakenings affect the orb damage, or just for the card with the awakening?

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
Just started this again after several years, guess I picked a good time because I got a bunch of free stuff.

Counting my REM pull, I now have Yamato takeru, green earth dragon Miko momiji, and white rainbow ark Noah. I've also got the PAD appreciation medal for the trade in event, guess I should just go with ciel and go with her as a leader? What should I use these monster purchase points on?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's a shame this ranking happened before we got valk ciel's super awakenings. she'd be a straight upgrade to kiri at the very least imo

honestly I kinda want a few copies of her base form now that she can be x30.375 to dragons or devils with her new super awakenings. her ult is prob better with the god killer tho, and dragon killer latents are prob a waste since all the endgame dragon enemies have void shields nowadays

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
So uh - why is VDP not working in the ranking dungeon against Zeal? I've got a team all planned out, and in an effort to not use Jize to boop Zeal (due to the -5k hit) I set up a VDP (Blodin) to poke thru his shield, but when I did it, it didn't kill him. What gives?

There's even a 1000 point bonus for using VDP so you'd think it would be encouraged.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
he's got high DEF too so you might not be doing enough damage to break through it

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

dragon enthusiast posted:

he's got high DEF too so you might not be doing enough damage to break through it

RIP - guess I need to reconsider my team

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Yeah without the vaguely high'ish defense (3 million), it'd be impossible to ping Zeal down and he'd be a true binary "stall 10 turns or bring vdp" boss in regular content.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
REMdra dungeon is easy and gives great exp at REMdra or above. Only problem is that like 90% of the time you'll fight REMdra and not PALdra or Sonia REMdra so it's harder to get the bonuses for killing them. I've killed like 12 REMdra and only 2 of the others. :(

Also, for Super Awakenings, can you unlock all of them, or do you seriously have to keep rolling to get just the one you want?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Framboise posted:

REMdra dungeon is easy and gives great exp at REMdra or above. Only problem is that like 90% of the time you'll fight REMdra and not PALdra or Sonia REMdra so it's harder to get the bonuses for killing them. I've killed like 12 REMdra and only 2 of the others. :(

Also, for Super Awakenings, can you unlock all of them, or do you seriously have to keep rolling to get just the one you want?

Roll for the one you want.

As for the REMdra, everyone should try to at least get 7 of each in for those rewards. I'm using a Mega Sylvie swipe team.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Oof. Hardly feels worth the +297 when I could be using that on other units right now. I'll see how I feel once that +99 dungeon comes out and I farm it to death.

And yeah, I don't have a swipe team yet, so I've been running it with Ciel. It's not like it's hard, it's just that the encounter rate is really stupid.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
reminder that the present eggs are getting quasi-nerfed in an upcoming patch (you lose the ability to evolve them but they become worth a lot more exp on feed), so evolve them into noels asap

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Framboise posted:

Oof. Hardly feels worth the +297 when I could be using that on other units right now. I'll see how I feel once that +99 dungeon comes out and I farm it to death.

And yeah, I don't have a swipe team yet, so I've been running it with Ciel. It's not like it's hard, it's just that the encounter rate is really stupid.
The other big advantage of swipe is that it's much easier to find coop partners on the discords p much.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Framboise posted:

A Dios swipe team is worth building eventually, typically involves the following:

1. A strong green leader that wants rows/blobs. Revo Liu Bei, Mega Sylvie, Kaede are the popular choices.
2. Multiple Almighty Awoken Zeus Dios. 3 is recommended, 4 are rarely needed. Max skill these ASAP. Usually this works best when there are Kingtan invades and Dios is the King Woodtan invade.
3. Fit in your 4th sub as needed for the dungeon. Raguel is great for SBR coverage for example.

You can swap in/out subs as needed, typically you'll have 2-3 Dios per dungeon.

There are other color swipe teams, but Green is the easiest to build by far.

I do agree that the encounter rate is dumb. I got 2 green, 1 Sonia and about 15 Gold. :negative:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I started playing this again after like 3 years. I had always been a Horus guy but he doesn't really seem up to snuff anymore so I'm looking for friends with leaders that have good synergy with my new one

356,648,283 - I have like 50 empty friend slots due to inactivity so I'll add anyone really.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I think Veroah is a blast, don't be afraid to go in with Lajoa as a friend leader too!

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Sell me on the combo orb awakening. It seems pretty resource-intensive for limited benefit.

E: I can see niche use for farming, but that's basically it. And it's a sharp contrast with the other offense-oriented awakenings that are obviously useful.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 2, 2019

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Sell me on the combo orb awakening. It seems pretty resource-intensive for limited benefit.

E: I can see niche use for farming, but that's basically it. And it's a sharp contrast with the other offense-oriented awakenings that are obviously useful.
My best guess - for row teams (all 3 of them) and link-6 leader skills, combo orbs can help with getting past combo shields. It's basically the opposite of the 7c meta.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Basically a damage boost for when you need to FUA, which precludes rows, or for doing 7c+VDP without a +C active.

Your assessment is pretty much correct though, it's intensive and limited use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Thanks for the responses. GH continues to spurn rows because, uh...