Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And hell, Miles Morales isn't just a fresh and interesting character for an African-American kid, but in general. He's got a very millennial/Gen Z deal of being at an awkward juncture when he's told he has to figure out what kind of man he wants to be but not given any convincing models as to what exactly that should look like- both as an ordinary person and as Spider-man- and has to navigate the wreckage left by the mistakes of his elders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And hell, Miles Morales isn't just a fresh and interesting character for an African-American kid, but in general. He's got a very millennial/Gen Z deal of being at an awkward juncture when he's told he has to figure out what kind of man he wants to be but not given any convincing models as to what exactly that should look like- both as an ordinary person and as Spider-man- and has to navigate the wreckage left by the mistakes of his elders.

Yeah, Miles is a great example of how true diversity, with inclusive policies both behind and in front of the camera (such as it is, in this case), creates real positive change that benefits everyone. The rising tide lifts all boats.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

mycot posted:

You can't be real.

No, we just wish they weren't.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
This is the dumbest loving argument because, in this instance, you have absolutely no way of knowing what this particular child watched.

If argument is based on the idea that the original poster just made this child up and BotL poo poo on the very idea of a small child enjoying a relatable superhero, it might be an argument to be had. If BotL didn't have a history of making GBS threads all over things that disagreed with their interpretations, which they did constantly. This is specious, at best, and racist as gently caress at worst. Just give it the gently caress up

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
But don't you see, there are 12 year olds who have definitely watched an Eddie Murphy movie. Thus racism doesn't exist anymore, Miles is not a cool character, and Trump was never elected!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
A poster so bad they’re making GBS threads up threads over a year after being permabanned.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Phylodox posted:

A poster so bad they’re making GBS threads up threads over a year after being permabanned.

Mea culpa, I'm the one who brought them up.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

McSpanky posted:

Yeah, Miles is a great example of how true diversity, with inclusive policies both behind and in front of the camera (such as it is, in this case), creates real positive change that benefits everyone. The rising tide lifts all boats.

I think you mean it Elevates them.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I think you mean it Elevates them.

I cannot get over how good the soundtrack and score are for this movie. I hope Daniel Pemberton comes back AND we get a hype-up-the-hero song better than What's Up, Danger.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

hiddenriverninja posted:

I cannot get over how good the soundtrack and score are for this movie. I hope Daniel Pemberton comes back AND we get a hype-up-the-hero song better than What's Up, Danger.

it's a bummer that Black Panther's soundtrack gets all the attention because I like the Spiderverse soundtrack better. It's where I first heard Denzel Curry and Cordae, plus you've got Vince Staples, What's Up Danger, and the best single of 2018/19, Sunflower, which I will never ever tire of hearing

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
The soundtrack is great, no dispute there

Papercut posted:

How are you still doubling down on this? You couldn't even come up with more than a few black leads, most of whom weren't even super heroes, and then just tossed your hands up and said well I'm sure there are more who black people would know about. All to try to make some weird point that a black spiderman wouldn't be that special to a black 4-year-old.

No one has made that point, which I agree would be pretty weird and obviously wrong!

I'm not the one who 'moved the goalposts' to being about canon superhero to the exclusion of any other kid/family lead roles though, and I think I was clear in how I interpreted the original issue of contention. An interpretation I acknowledge may have been incorrect.

Although the hyperbolic (accidental/deliberate?) misreadings of my posts aren't really helping the opposing case . .

Unoriginal Name posted:

This is the dumbest loving argument because, in this instance, you have absolutely no way of knowing what this particular child watched.

Totally agree, that's my point!

Edit: my other point was that if uncharitable or needlessly hostile responses (like you-know-who would make) are bad for the forums, well shouldn't we try to stop making them?

Blood Boils fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 14, 2020

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Let's make less posts about posting and posting culture and permabanned users and more on-topic posting about Spider-man and Spider-verse.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
:bird:

So I recently got a 65" B9 (OLED screen) and I d3cided to throw Spider-Verse at it to see what it looked like.

:black101: god drat the detail on everything just pops so much. And that's with whatever compression was on my 4k stream copy. Can't wait to see what it looks like on UHD

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Franchescanado posted:

Let's make less posts about posting and posting culture and permabanned users and more on-topic posting about Spider-man and Spider-verse.

But what if one of us was the Spiderman from the multiverse where Spiderman is a perpetually bad poster?

Anyone can wear the mask of bad posting

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Peter Parker is absolutely a terrible poster.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Peter Parker is absolutely a terrible poster.

I haven't even seen him post here once!

so does that actually make him the best poster?! Oh my God...

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I would bet Peter Parker is actually an excellent shitposter.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

What is Spider-man if not a crime-fighting shitposter?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Parker would absolutely be sending fake letters to the Daily Bugle's letters page where the first letter of every word spells "Jameson sucks goat balls" and other weird poo poo to troll JJJ

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Spiderman talks poo poo to hide his insecurities, he's a goon's goon.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

SirSamVimes posted:

I would bet Peter Parker is actually an excellent shitposter.

Peter Parker, or Peter B. Parker?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
PB would have a really obvious sockpuppet account or be so bad at it that Jameson would Doxx him instantly

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Grendels Dad posted:

Spiderman talks poo poo to hide his insecurities, he's a goon's goon.

100% agreement.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

hiddenriverninja posted:

Peter Parker, or Peter B. Parker?

peter parker posts in D&D, peter b posts in CSPAM

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Peter Parker doesn't bother shitposting because "making anonymous online comments designed to amuse or annoy depending on who you are targeting, protected by the fact that you are masked from the person you are talking to" is Spider-Man's fighting style and he gets all that out when he's punching Doc Ock or pissing off Wolverine.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Spider-man was already on the web before any of us.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Spider-man was already on the web before any of us.

hmm

checks out!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Interesting thing watching the What's Up Danger sequence; Miles customises his own proper Spider-man costume, and the end result combines features from the other Spider-people- painted black like Spider-Noir, wearing casual clothes over it like Peter B initially, and with a hood like Gwen.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

But what about Spider Pig?

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
He too ate his uncle. That's why we don't see the corpse again.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

https://twitter.com/chrizmillr/status/1278456378072301568?s=21

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Miles game is out and getting great reviews, and also

https://twitter.com/dalliencerng/status/1326775384818536450

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wtf is that a movie skin with the right frame rate? Holy heck

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah, one of the unlockable suits is the ITSV suit, and the mod is a lowered frame rate when you wear it. It’s insane!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFf4G6MaMw8

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah, members of the movie team worked hand-in-hand with Insomniac to add all sorts of pitch perfect things to the movie suit, included POWs and THWACKs that pop up during combat. Like a cartoon.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Holy poo poo

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Haha god drat, that's awesome.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Insomniac realised that suit would need to be something special to not be a disappointment after the amazing comic suit in the original game.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Klungar posted:

Yeah, members of the movie team worked hand-in-hand with Insomniac to add all sorts of pitch perfect things to the movie suit, included POWs and THWACKs that pop up during combat. Like a cartoon.

I still remember when City of Heroes had an April Fools joke for Batman style visual sound effects and everyone's still disappointed it wasn't real.

Sheesh, remember when it was all the rage for video game companies to make April Fools jokes about things that might actually be fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

So for toy people, a while back Young Rich toys made a bootleg Miles figure. It's pretty dope actually. Def a good hold over before the Hot Toys comes out next year.