Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

1stGear posted:

But Jesus Christ that noise

For real. This film is going to get ALL the praise for its animation and visuals and deserves it but, and this is coming from an animation nerd, it needs serious attention given to the sound design. The Prowlers demon noise (somewhere between J-Parks T-rex roaring and the Titanic ripping in half) is immense and does a lot to make the purple flashy cat man real real scary. Beside that you have little details like Spider Ham making little boings and honks as he moves about to further push his looney toons style. It's a great detail and nothing is done to draw attention to it or go "SEE WHAT WE'RE DOING HERE?"

And the soundtrack slaps. Uncle Aaron had good taste in music.

Love Doc Ock on so many levels. Starting with Peter assuming it would be a male who was head scientist and saying how he should examine his views (he's a slob but not a jerk after all) and then hitting the audience with that same "Oh yeah, I [probably?] didn't think a woman would be the Doc. It's just clever.

I could wall of text about the way it works with Great Expectations as well but I want to re-watch it first with a more analytical head on.

Quick fire thoughts: Gwanda and May are everything, Ham was great, Noir was funny, Peni was under used and I wish she was more like her comic counterpart but still had moments, I walked out before the end of credits scene and the Opening and Closing title sequences were dope.

Looking forward to the Gwen led spin off, optimistic about the announced sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Here's a really cool breakdown of some of the sound work they did, focusing on the electronic noise sounds of our Prowling buddy.

https://twitter.com/DANIELPEMBERTON/status/1075816351611142144