Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That was honestly the greatest Spider-man story I have watched, read, or played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

derra posted:

It's me, I'm the nerd that knew something was up with Aaron because he had an Xbox controller in his pad, in a Sony film.

holy poo poo this movie rules

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

When they're both swinging along carrying the PC between them later in the same scene I'm pretty sure they're animated on the same 2's. Earlier in the scene they were stumbling over each other but then they figured out teamwork and got in sync figuratively and literally.

how does this movie exist

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Thank God.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'd say there's also something about the way he moves that turns a design that doesn't appear that intimidating into something terrifying.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I've listened to What's Up Danger a bunch since watching the movie.

Song good, scene good, movie good.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I really like how it had several different classic Spidey villains, which is how big multi issue story arcs in comic books often rolled.

In many ways, while I have watched many different super hero movies this is the first film I've watched that could truly be described as a comic book movie.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Just watched the movie a second time.

Verdict: Still just as :stare: a second time around.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Prowler is pulled off pretty amazingly well especially for a villain that's a relative newcomer to the spider-mythos and doesn't have an immediately clear gimmick or motif. I thought he had a bit of a cat thing going on, though that might be vague.

He reminded me a bit of a far less comedy version of the CG TMNT cartoon's Bebop. That said, Spidey and the TMNT would definitely get along.

:thunk:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

FilthyImp posted:

God I hope it takes the Oscar for Best Animated.
The competition is just so... blah.

Best Animated exists specifically for cases like this, so the Oscars don't have to acknowledge animated movies that deserve Best Picture.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I feel like that twist is brilliant enough to spoiler tag just in case.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Vitamin P posted:

Does anyone else feel the extra spider-people were just excess baggage? I would have preferred a bit longer with Miles as Miles rather than the endless gag moments.

No they were all great.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I love how well they did at characterising Aaron and establishing the importance of his bond with Miles with actually a pretty small amount of screentime.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Her VA was pretty excellent. I loved the quiet "our collider".

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Guy Mann posted:

So I might be overthinking it but depending on how you interpret the scene in the collider at the end Kingpin not only failed to bring back a copy of his family but he ruined his chance to ever do it against because he managed to drive away every single version of his family in the multiverse at once by beating up Spider-man in front of them. I have a hard time thinking of any villain who owned themselves so completely and thoroughly, let alone in a way that didn't kill them as pretty much every other superhero movie and animated family film is wont to do.

I don't think the collider is powerful enough to connect every universe ever, but he absolutely ruined some Fisk(s)'s marriage(s).

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

There's also something unnerving about how he moves too.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I mean while Lego 2 wasn't as good as the first, it was still very good.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I mean it was very clearly setting up a romance and they had a ton of chemistry.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I would bet Peter Parker is actually an excellent shitposter.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Insomniac realised that suit would need to be something special to not be a disappointment after the amazing comic suit in the original game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Spiderverse made it clear that he fuckin loves punching nazis.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

How can you watch this movie and think "they should have cut Nic Cage playing noir spider-man"???

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The rubiks cube jokes alone justify Noir Spidey's presence.

edit: Also the fact that he loves punching nazis.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That happened during Miles' fantasy about how coming out to his parents would go.

Pretty sure that was an actual conversation and the scene pivots into fantasy..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Finally caught up to this thread and lol at people being unable to perceive Miles' worry about the fact that Gwen left her toothbrush at Hobie's place.