Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Also worth noting, for any photosensitive goons out there: there are tons of rapidly flashing lights throughout the movie, especially in the background for pretty much the entire 10ish-minute climax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I wasn’t really watching for it so I don’t know for certain, but I’ve also seen someone claim that they deliberately made Peni Parker’s lip flaps out of sync with her dialogue as part of the whole anime aesthetic.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I think everything from Miles getting a literal hairy palm to his duel with the pigeons was gold.

As was him dragging Peter B’s unconscious body around... via web-slinging onto a subway.

...Oh, and the whole bread skit right before the climax started.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Is Spider-MJ already an actual character?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

GigaPeon posted:

Y'all see that they released the screenplay online for free? http://origin-flash.sonypictures.com/ist/awards_screenplays/SV_screenplay.pdf

I was gonna give them another 10 bucks to see it again, but those idiots let me watch it again IN MY MIND! Those fools!

quote:

And we go out in pure chaos, the most expensive dumb joke of all time...

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Fart City posted:

ASM SINISTER SIX MOVIE BACK ON BAY-BAY

I vainly hope for an animated adaptation of “the Superior Foes of Spider-Man” now, thanks.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Dunno if it’s already been posted here, but check out some early storyboards!

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/alberto-mielgos-early-boards-for-spider-man-into-the-spider-verse-are-truly-amazing-169521.html

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Like the others mentioned, Peter B’s the only one who really went to bat for Miles just before the climax. He legitimately bent over backwards trying to convince the others that Miles could do it, and only relented because Miles screwed up majorly a couple times in quick succession (leading the baddies to May’s, and largely not being much help in the ensuing fight).

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Basically, it was a question of when they were finally going to get a perma for being an antagonistic rear end almost everywhere they went.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Hasn’t Static been off the air for a while, though?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sony/status/1258766152928358402

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

My favorite bit about Hobie was how he makes everyone think he’s ultimately all talk, but then it turns out that he actually used that to his advantage to steal Miguel’s stuff and make his own dimension travel devices.

In other words, he seized the means of production.
:allears:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I’m betting that there’s going to be a twist with Miguel where he finds out that he got the cause wrong: Spot eventually grows so powerful that he starts rewriting history on a multiversal scale, and Miguel’s own present efforts to stop Miles are what ultimately causes the tragedy in his past to happen

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

mystes posted:

I think that's very likely and it would especially make sense if the idea is for Across the Spider-Verse to set up the idea of predestination in a way where we're supposed to assume that the Prowler has to be evil and then have the next movie reject that

When you think about it, there's nothing that even inherently makes the spot have to become a villain either; while to some degree that's a reaction to being rejected by other people because of his appearance, it also kind of feels like he just felt like he HAD to become a villain because he's supposed to be Miles' nemesis (which is pretty weak motivation even for a spiderman villain) when he could have just as easily just decide to be a superhero instead, so it feels like after this movie, the next one will be in a very good position to argue that the incorrect belief in predestination is responsible for a lot of the problems if its inclined to go in that direction

I think it makes sense that if protagonist Miles can choose to reject what is supposed to be his fate, then alternate Miles should also be able to be the Prowler but choose to make the Prowler more of a batman style hero rather than a villain

And now I’m wondering if the next film will be revealing that Miguel also got it wrong about that universe losing out on their Spidey… because their Spider-Man had some combination of street-smarts, experience, and his own reasons for keeping his abilities on the down-low.

In other words, Aaron-42 is their Spider-Man, and Miles-42 is his sidekick.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

TBH, I’m surprised we haven’t already seen culture war bullshit start over it yet

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1666140189733814272?s=46&t=8qKeRz1MPwpnqaU9WYBJgg

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Have some fanart by Yusuke Murata (the artist of One-Punch Man)

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/chuwenjie/status/1669741383853432832?s=61&t=-vp9P7i8Kl2W3uKiLPEWrA

Some nice insight into the Gwen and dad reconcile scene’s coloring

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Samovar posted:

Well, don't leave us in suspense, what is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WENEQJDLjBg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1685032889539268610?s=46&t=8qKeRz1MPwpnqaU9WYBJgg

Completely expected due to the strikes, but still, drat