Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Easily the best Spider-man movie in 15 years and that really undersells just how good it is.

Not many movies look remotely that good from start to finish, I can't believe that came from Sony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Phylodox posted:

I think it’s fascinating that Prowler (distinct from Aaron) is a character who’s basically, like, 70% sound design. Visually, he’s not all that imposing at all; gangling of limb, goofy cape, ill-fitting mask. With the addition of a single sound, though, he goes from being laughable to utterly terrifying. There’s something primal and disturbing about that noise, and it’s great how effective it is.

The shading on Prowler in every scene is amazing too and it really makes him larger than life.

I saw a figure of him on shelves and he just looks comical without it.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 13, 2019

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Like the others mentioned, Peter B’s the only one who really went to bat for Miles just before the climax. He legitimately bent over backwards trying to convince the others that Miles could do it, and only relented because Miles screwed up majorly a couple times in quick succession (leading the baddies to May’s, and largely not being much help in the ensuing fight).

Also because Miles' uncle was just killed and he knows firsthand how much that fucks with a person.

That wasn't a decision Peter was making lightly, because he knew doing it was 100% going to result in his death. He was choosing to die so that Miles wouldn't.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

modern comics are loving embarrassing

I was pretty mystified why a Japanese comic was topping the bestsellers list stateside but honestly poo poo like this goes a long way to explaining that!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

If it's the latter I genuinely have no idea what Disney is going to do if a deal doesn't happen.

Stop making Spider-Man poo poo for 10 years and turn the character into a ghost, based on the X-Men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
BotL getting his stupid miserable rear end banned is a feature, not a bug, there isn’t anything to be gained in litigating it