Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

You should check out Spider-Man: Life Story, an ongoing miniseries with the premise of "What if Peter Parker aged in real time from 1962 onwards?"

Just picked up the first issue and it's really good. The whole 60's groovy thing is a bit overdone and the artist made it look like Harry and Norman Osborne have cornrows, but overall it's an interesting take on Spider-man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

FilthyImp posted:

Aren't they usually depicted in classic comics with short/kinky hair?

I guess? But it still threw me a little.

That just looks weird. The art is great. The creative choice on Osborne hair though...it feels like father and son just got back from a trip to the Bahamas.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ugh, I actually met that guy when he was my state's insurance commissioner. He's about as pleasant as he looks. Did you just do a GIS for wavy man hair to get that?

I get it, it's a silly thing to critique the comic for. It just made me do a double take. The rest of the first issue is really good and costs like .99 cents for the Kindle version.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Spider-Man cost about 140 million to make and Amazing Spider-Man cost 230 million. The grosses were similar, but Sony had to dump a whole lot more money to get those same results.

AMSM2 is estimated to have cost upwards of $300 million to make. I do not know if that included marketing. But take the venue cut and marketing and the smaller cut you get from foreign markets and I’m not sure it made that much money even before you factor in Hollywood accounting.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

mycot posted:

You can't be real.

It's no Norbit.