Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I really liked the movie and the animation style was unique and interesting, but I had to go to the front desk twice to make sure I wasn't in a 3d showing without glasses. I was literally the only one there, so I couldn't just look around. If I could change one thing about the film, I would tell the people in charge of the look that horizontal separation of the image to express depth is bad. Up until it was over, I was questioning if it was 3D despite being told no twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Autechresaint posted:

Yeah there were a couple of scenes that looked exactly like what 3d looks when you take off the glasses, I was wondering if they messed up or something too.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

My wife had the same problem

I'm glad it wasn't just me. I mean, it was just me in the theater.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

hiddenriverninja posted:

In an interview, one of the directors (Peter Ramsey, i think?) says that there is no focus blur in the movie, but that they used CMYK color separation to the same effect.

That matches up with what I was seeing. I think it is an interesting choice in theory, but in practice it makes certain scenes look like you should be wearing 3D glasses. I found it really distracting. It didn't bother me in terms of eye strain or headaches or anything, just on a creative level.