Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The_Doctor posted:

Just got back from this, and I was utterly blown away. Visually stunning, genuinely heartfelt, and just generally amazing all over.

My favourite blink and you’ll miss it was you get a 0.25 second shot of Aaron’s TV when Miles turns up, and I recognised it instantly as this shot from Community:

It's a perfect shot for that scene because not only did that shot inspire the creation of Miles in the first place, but Glover has played both characters. He voiced Miles on one of the cartoons and played Aaron in Homecoming.

ConfusedUs posted:

Also, I gotta say, this movie had the best reveal for Doc Ock. I did not see that coming, at all.

Fun thing I noticed on the second watch is that when Miles is late to class Olivia's name is on the screen in that video they're watching, but Miles is obscuring her last name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

porfiria posted:

Is there a Spider Man where Peter is a huge anthropomorphic spider who gets bitten by a radioactive man and gains all the proportionate strength and abilities of a man?

The 'Mazing Man-Spider. Showed up in a What If issue back in the 70's and was basically the prototype for Spider-Ham.

The guy behind it then went to DC and created Superman-but-he's-a-cartoon-rabbit.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

fractalairduct posted:

there's a mexican spidey who appeared in the spider-verse comics who's also a wrestler

Screw that, bring in Arachnaman from WCW.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Olympic Mathlete posted:

This is what annoys me about BotL, he seems to be incredibly anal about meanings of words to suit his purpose without realising that lots of words have more than one meaning. It's a dipshit move and he's a lovely poster because of it.

It's very tragic.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

fractalairduct posted:

I think there's a what if? that basically has this premise.

Other than the villains becoming wrestlers, yeah. It's the same comic that gave us the caped Spider-Man costume that they show in the movie.

The idea was that Spider-Man stopped the robber, mainly because he knew it would be good publicity for him. Without learning any lessons, he became a big name in the entertainment industry and that put him at odds with Jameson (who was distraught at the death of his astronaut son and driven to bring down this undeserving figure that everyone idolized). The two took part in a media war that ruined Jameson, so he tried to get his revenge by starting up the Sinister Six and going after Parker. Seeing Jameson as an angry shell of a man made Parker realize the big lesson about responsibility, albeit much later.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Argue posted:

https://twitter.com/DrWheetos/status/1099172510048894976

I have it in my head that one of these variations of Vanessa and son is from a dimension where Fisk is a totally normal and even cool dude, and this event just ruined his life as he comes home to Vanessa leaving him for no reason he can understand.

Fittingly, there was an alternate universe where Wilson Fisk adopted Matt Murdock. Matt ended up making him a better person with intent on going legitimate, but then Richard got jealous and pissy about it and had Wilson killed. Matt killed Richard and ended up being forced into being the new Kingpin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Codependent Poster posted:

Also he wasn't a direct inspiration for Miles, but Bendis (Miles' creator) has namedropped Glover as something of an influence. And Glover voiced Miles a couple times in the cartoons.

To add to this, the initial inspiration for Miles was Bendis watching Community and seeing Glover wearing Spider-Man pajamas. The same Community clip shows up in the first Spider-Verse when Miles is visiting his uncle's apartment.