Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Spider-Man singing carols leading into 60's animated Spider-Man was so good.

Stay for the entire credits sequence! Not only is it hilarious, your patience will be handsomely rewarded.

Also, I need this on Blu-Ray immediately in order to hunt for more things like this. I spotted an alternate version of Mulaney's Broadway show but that was about it.

https://twitter.com/rodneyrothman/status/1073050369897357312

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Looking up older Spider-Man actors, the 80s cartoon voice actor Ted Schwartz died a few years ago. Dan Gilvezan, the voice actor from Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends is still around, as is but Nicholas Hammond. Have they never asked them for a cameo or maybe neither wanted to do one?

Gotta take your shoes off if you wanna crawl up walls. That's just science!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

DC Murderverse posted:

i want to write the definitive Spiders-Man miniseries where his villain is a take on Swarm, but it's thousands of wasps that think they're human

and at the end of the series the thousands of wasps that think they're human get elected as senator of Texas

edit: the dancing in Spider-Man 3 is stellar. It's one of my favorite things that when Absolute Dork Peter Parker from the Raimi movies gets "infected" with an alien that makes him more morally flexible, he decides to become "cooler", which in the eyes of an Absolute Dork includes dancing down the street like a loon and basically turning into The Fonz
[

[quote="DC Murderverse" post="491036565"]
i want to write the definitive Spiders-Man miniseries where his villain is a take on Swarm, but it's thousands of wasps that think they're human

and at the end of the series the thousands of wasps that think they're human get elected as senator of Texas

This sounds great. I think about the episode of Spider-Man and His Amazing friends that has Swarm in it all the time.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

fractalairduct posted:

to better contrast Spiders-Man, I think we should have a human who thinks he's thousands of wasps.

now i want a universe with spider-bear. He's not a talking bear or anything, just a regular bear that got bitten by a radioactive spider. he doesn't do any superhero stuff because he is a bear.

Lord keeps tweeting people making up new Spider-sonas, my favorite are the drawings of dinosaurs wearing tights and using spider-sense. Spider-Rex! Though I don't think tiny T.rex arms are going to be useful for thwip-and-release...

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I bet they could fill bonus features with Peter Porker jokes.

Please! An entire reel of outtakes of Mulaney swearing. "I've been Spider-Ham 30 loving years!!"

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

The writer of the new Shiang-Chi movie is also credited on Spider-Verse 2, among other things. Curious to see where it goes.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Mat Cauthon posted:

There are so many heartfelt moments, even just in passing that the entire movie tugs on your heartstrings even while it's leaving you astonished.

Somebody at work posted this article about the "leap of faith" scene and it's really well-written. I got goosebumps just reading it.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Watched this again tonight and it's still so very very good.

Hoping for the live-action 70s Spider-Man for the sequel. Gotta take your shoes off if you wanna crawl up walls, that's just science!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

So this one has Spiders-Man, I hope