Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Share your best or worst bosses in this thread.

I had a boss named todd who loved to ski. He was also hopelessly addicted to painkillers. As a result, his meetings loving ruled. He'd let our engineer prattle on for 20 minutes about something, and then ask him to repeat the whole thing in simpler terms over and over again until he whittled fhis loving dork down to a gibbering mess. He'd gift people a hundred dollars worth of wine and then enter it as a bonus in their paycheck, effectively docking a chunk of their gross pay. One time my coworker found him sleeping in the server room at 8 am on saturday, which was weird becauss he didnt have access to it and the two doors it was behind both had hand scanners attached to them.

I think he approved every change I ever proposed, mostly out of sheer ignorance of my actual job function. sometimes i could get out of work hours early because he only cared if things were working correctly. i banked literally weeks of vacation by never putting my time off down in my timesheet because he'd blindly approve that too. I miss that guy.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Dec 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

"Rob"
- Spoiled only son that had decent work ethic, talented & pretty chill. But when it was time to party...oh poo poo! When mom&dad took summer Thur/Fridays off, he'd send me off to get lunch & BEER. Yeah, Gorilla get whatever I want (3 cans of FOSTERS) as well. Would also pop open the fire hydrant so we could gently caress around in between customers. Regular clients would not bat an eye talking to us in the showroom while we were standing in the showroom soaking wet selling kitchen/bathroom/Jacuzzis.

- Anytime that Pink Floyd/Allman Brothers/Stones, etc would come to town he always made sure I got a ticket to go with his group. All because I was the only guy that did not take drugs & guarantee that he would get home. Halfway into the show he'd slip me his wallet for "safe keeping", then he'd start dropping whatever acid/shrooms he'd pick up at the show. I didn't give a poo poo because I'd have about 4-5 band shirts from every show.

- Introduced him to poker. Eventually, he had poker nights at the store with the local business owners. Lost the entire day's take (over 15k) & panicked like a bitch. Begged me to help him win it back, which we did. During the game he put up & lost his Selmer Mark VI tenor saxophone. I kept the sax & $300 for which he was eternally grateful for.

this guy loving owns

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

my new boss is a jolly bespectacled dad with square glasses and a chuckly-laugh. he has a really nice disposition and all of his employees like and respect him.

i'm fairly sure he murders sex workers in his spare time. no one can be that sanguine all the time