Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

My first boss was my dad, he owned and ran a pharmacy. He believed in doing everything himself; he would get me on the roof of the building and clean the gutters after hours, and he tried to do his own electrical work sometimes because 'how hard can it be to plug in a few wires'. He hated spending money on maintenance unless it was absolutely necessary, and by his definition it almost never was. I recall one year where we were constantly putting buckets and containers around the shop to catch roof leaks when it rained. Some products had to be thrown out because the cardboard would get mouldy over the weekend. He was very frustrating as a boss because he had the attitude that everyone should be grateful that he gave them a job, and need to do exactly what he says because he's the boss and his word is final. He upset people enough that they eventually told him he was a bit of a dick and they were all thinking of quitting en masse. That made him a bit more conscious of how he treated staff until he retired.

My current boss manages IT in a warehousing company, he's a pretty friendly guy and good at what he does. I got introduced to him by my brother who plays at the same football club as him, so he was happy to give me a job straight away without an interview. I am basically his assistant and help by doing all the little jobs like password resets, printer cartridge changes, and stock inventory.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Dec 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

I work in a really horny environment apparently.

Got any openings? :grin:

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

TheMostFrench posted:

My current boss manages IT in a warehousing company, he's a pretty friendly guy and good at what he does. I got introduced to him by my brother who plays at the same football club as him, so he was happy to give me a job straight away without an interview. I am basically his assistant and help by doing all the little jobs like password resets, printer cartridge changes, and stock inventory.

Bumping this thread years later because I was cleaning out my subscribed threads - it might be interesting now that corona has changed the employment landscape. My previous boss has changed employers, and now I work from home a lot with more sys admin style responsibilities. I don't actually know exactly who my boss is right now, there are other people in my department who are more senior but no one has specifically communicated to me that anyone is in charge.