Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
My last boss was an insane woman. I worked for 5 years for her and I am entirely confident that she had a legit mental illness that her husband ignored. Also at least 2 of her kids had some kind of thing wrong with them because they were social wrecks but that was also ignored.

It was a vet clinic where the husband was the doctor and she "ran the business". By running the business, I mean she was a crazy person who demanded us to do things, then denied it, then bitched because we didn't do the thing correctly. Also she would randomly come in and run things in a totally different way than we were "trained" while insisting it was better and that we were stupid for doing it the way we'd done it all along. Then if we tried to do it that new way, she would blow up on us for doing it the wrong way because that's not how we "were trained". Basically she was abusive as gently caress, just constantly gas-lighting us.

We'd have weekly hour long meetings about how we were poo poo employees. Then get bitched at because we were behind on the schedule. Sometimes she'd deliberately short-staff us, then act like we were stupid and incompetent because we couldn't do 2-3 jobs at the same loving time. Like we were poo poo because 2 people couldn't walk, feed and walk 30 dogs in the same time period as 3 or 4 people.

The schedule was in 15 min blocks, which if you know anything about veterinary medicine, is insane. Half of the tests we do take 10 minutes. But that 15 min block was to include a physical, the vet's discussion with the owner, vaccines, heartworm and fecal tests and writing a rabies tag while putting vitals into the computer. I'd have to stand in an exam room and hear pages over my walky-talky about appointments arriving and my co-worker needing help in the backhouse constantly. And I was somehow expected to be in 2-3 places at once-- always helping the doctor, yet also getting all my poo poo done for this appointment, yet also helping in backhouse and bringing back the next appointment and god loving forbid she call in something from the grooming room.

Because yeah, this crazy woman was a groomer and we'd on average do 10-16 grooms per weekday from 8am to 1 pm and heaven help the backhouse person, I have no idea how or why they did it. There were days when I was supposed to be in surgery monitoring for the doctor but I was constantly running off to do vaccines and heartworm/fecal tests for the dogs being groomed. And I'd have like a minute to prepare and she'd be bitching that I wasn't already ready for her like...it takes time to pull up vaccines and do tests and then after "surgery time" I'd have to do the exams with the doctor for the animals I already vaccinated and tested like what is this backwards poo poo and what the gently caress, appointments are already rolling in and it's time for the noon walk for the boarders and gently caress, just kill me now...

I stayed for too long because I loved my co-workers. But that business and those people are crazy as gently caress. My boss made me take a 3 day trip to NC with her to see her retirement home and I fantasized about killing her and throwing her body in the river because how would they know? How would they know?

The final straw for me was when they had their adult sons work as backhouse and they'd leave animals just with puddles and lakes of piss or piles of poo poo in their kennels/rooms because they were lazy as gently caress. Or they refused to trim nails in the baths so I had to go and do it no matter what else I was doing at the time. Her being crazy was one thing, but watching the actual level of care for the animals drop to below zero? gently caress all of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU