Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

The last company i worked for was owned by the two fairly intelligent and talented guys with no social skills whatsoever. I work in architecture, so about 50-60% of the people in the field are basically autistic anyway, but one of these guys in particular was really miserable to work for.

On a typical project, you'd come on board because another person had quit, no work had been done on it. So in 5 weeks, working 60 hours a week, you'd get done what you should have had 10 weeks and another 3 employees to do. At the end of it, he'd bitch that it wasn't the way he'd have done it. Then, if anything went wrong in the field, rather than owning up to not managing his firm competently, he'd have meetings with the client behind your back and throw you under the bus. I know this because a client called me off hours and was like "yeah, if your boss calls me again and tries to blame everything on you, were going to fire his rear end, so don't take it personally if that happens". He then would act lovely for weeks because it was really obvious that the clients liked me but despised him.

All of this was done with the promise of quarterly bonuses based on profit. Profits never seemed to justify bonuses, and finally at a meeting someone kind of lost it and asked how they weren't making any money when most of us were working 10-20 hours a week for free.

After that, a lot of people just started quitting, and when about half the firm had cycled out of there, I got the hell out.

My current bosses seem alright, even if half of them are still asbergery as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU