Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
My best boss paid his art team fairly competitively (a loving rarity in game studios) and would throw crazy lavish Christmas parties; renting out whole bars, free drinks all night, tables and tables of food, party buses with drinks and gourmet cookies and cupcakes to get us all there. I wish we hadn't gotten sold out to the greedy fucks who shut down our studio to send to slave labor rates in eastern Europe. It was a good job.

Worst bosses were husband and wife pair who frequently drove their employees to mental breakdowns, were constantly hiring and firing stupid starry-eyed fresh grads like me, and had no clue what they were doing in general. Our games were constantly going through bizarre changes that confused us and customers alike. Paid us all peanuts in one of the most expensive cities in America to where even with our combined wages my boyfriend and I struggled to rent a studio apartment. Fired my boyfriend but kept me around for some reason so all the money stress was transferred to me. When the axe finally came down on my neck too, I packed up all my poo poo in a box and went out and sat down on a curb and cried for like half an hour, though it was mostly relief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU