Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

google THIS

So the dad is a firefighter. This tells you that he's a good guy. But by the time the expositions over he's also dead, whaaaat?! didn't see that one coming now did we?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

google THIS posted:

So the dad is a firefighter. This tells you that he's a good guy. But by the time the expositions over he's also dead, whaaaat?! didn't see that one coming now did we?

This is good but the training sequence as written, is too long. What if we just to do a bunch of quick cuts of various parts of the training? Maybe, the dad can fail a little bit at first but we'll see him get better and better until he finally succeeds in the training? We can put some cool music behind it, give the whole sequence of sense of action

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

FutonForensic posted:

what if one of the lesbians die at the end so the other one learns that only straight people deserve to be happy

we deserve to be happy too. we're human lesbeings

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

google THIS posted:

I hate Denis Leary. no discernible reason

King of Bees
Pitch: Im a super trained US soldier but what happens when me, a deadly weapon, gets sent to prison? Well, let's just say it's not good for the other prisoners.
Studio: :homebrew:

google THIS

He wants to leave his past behind him and live a simple, peaceful, pacifistic life, never resorting to violence again unless it becomes absolutely necessary. Little does he know, it's about to become absolutely necessary for the better part of ninety minutes straight.

King of Bees
Grandpa left him a map that leads to a huge treasure that Grandpa for some reason (injury? Death in the family?) was never able to recover himself. An unwitting partner leaves her waitressing job to find herself on a absolutely bonkers adventure looking for the treasure. But in the end the treasure is love, love between the guy and the waitress.

google THIS

Santa Claus, the beloved holiday icon whose whole thing is delivering presents to people, can't deliver presents because people have forgotten the spirit of the holiday and only want presents. With the help of a handful of normal people who are also struggling with holiday ennui, he needs to help the world not care about presents so much and realize that Christmas wouldn't be ruined without them, or else he won't be able to deliver his presents and Christmas will be ruined. This made a LOT more sense in my head.

Twenty Four

A bunch of young attractive people are out in the woods, or maybe an old possibly haunted mansion, or maybe an old possibly haunted mansion in the woods.

One by one, most of the attractive girls decide that while someone or something is on a murderous rampage, having sex with whatever guy they can right now is probably more important then saving their own lives.

As a turn of events, soon after each girl does the dirty, they are killed, and a bunch of the guys too. Except one girl and her boyfriend, who had no sex, so they live.

Some may call it a horror or a slasher film, but in reality it is a high art piece about morality and the consequences of impure actions. The foolish public just doesn't understand.

Twenty Four

A pair of cops go on one last assignment the day before one of them retires. They almost succeed but at the last minute, the near retired cop is killed and his partner must go on a mission to avenge him by taking on an entire crime syndicate by himself. The catch is, his superior forbids him from doing so, but little does anyone know, this bad boy does not play by the rules!

Twenty Four

A bunch of messed up crap happens to the protagonist and it starts to almost get unbelievable but suddenly they wake up and it was a dream and everything is okay.

The twist is a couple of small events start to repeat themselves from the dream and it looks like it might happen all over again and FADE OUT!

Manifisto

how about a version of A Christmas Carol but it keeps swapping genres from a horror story to a romantic comedy and back again, and then suddenly it's a Friar's Club roast

ty nesamdoom!

HappyKitty

Hey, Romeo and Juliet was pretty good, but what if we set it in New York

Farecoal

There he go
Listen, guys, I appreciate the creativity! That's what we hired you all for, and it's good to see! But, these ideas, I don't think the general public can really handle them, you know? They might belong in an arthouse theater, but for the mainstream? Nah. Let's just stick with the jar of mayonnaise. Audiences love him!

Android Blues

I've got an idea and it's a doozy. What if: the man's wife is d ead? We naturally wonder why he's so angry, and we might think, "oh, I guess he's just grumpy and not a very nice guy", but what if the man's wife is dead? If the man's wife is dead it would explain why he's angry. We could have a flashback to where he wasn't angry and his much younger than him wife was alive. Maybe we could even see the time when his wife died and he became angry on the spot. We actually see the transition on his face from where he's not angry (neutral expression, eyebrows level, mouth closed) to where he's angry (eyebrows down, mouth big and open, teeth and his cheeks are wide). We would have to get an actor to do this. I think it's a big idea that someone could become angry for life from their wife dying. I also have an idea for a sequel where we flash back to his daughter dying, and we find out that before he was not angry while his wife was alive, he used to actually be really nice, a total angel, but now he's double angry because the two women he had died and now he has no women left.

Android Blues

In the third in the series, he gets a new girlfriend, but then the girlfriend dies and he starts to be angry again. We thought he had finally gotten over being angry. But he hadn't. But he could! He could, if all these completely understandably relatable things where he loses all his women didn't keep happening to him! This will make the audience love him, and will make them know that he is good and only learned to shoot a hundred guns and use CIA torture techniques because he lost the women which, again, previously, he had. A lot of them will say, "it's what any man would do in his place," and they will nod and cheer for him. They will have t-shirts of the man who is angry because of his women that he had but doesn't any more. I believe this really peppers up my original script, where the angry man was simply hated by society for his bad actions.

King of Bees
What if our hero, a Joe Everyman, just happened to be doing some routine banking when a bank robbery occurs? He could be talking with the teller, maybe having a cheeky little flirt, when the robbery starts. What the robbers don't know is that our hero leads a secret double life as an international assassin and is twenty steps ahead of them in mental chess.

King of Bees
He knows what they're doing before they do!

Peg Sliderskew
I've had this stellar idea about a guy who used to be a world class navy seal marine undercover operator, then gave it up to have a family and do a normal but worthwhile job, like security guard for charitable functions or security guard at a hospital for rich yet vulnerable children. Then there is some kind of event, like freak weather or someone doing terrorism, and the guy has to save everyone including the boss who always looked down on him for being unambitious. To ratchet up the tension further, just when it seems like everyone is safe he realises a rich child/ charity function child/ horrible boss's child is still trapped in the hospital or charity event venue and has to go back in and save them too. The building falls down, has he been crushed???

No, he walks out of the billowing dust and/or flames with the child cradled safely in his arms.

I'm thinking this is a Dwayne Johnson vehicle, though we might be able to get one of the less famous Hemsworths or Pratts if budget is an issue.

Courtesy of Manifisto

google THIS

Me: Ok, so get this: White people. Falling in love. At Christmas.

Hallmark Channel execs: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa:

Starshark
So here's the picture: There's a body, shot three times in the head, and standing over him is a man covered in blood with a smoking gun who says "I killed him because he was loving my wife." But get this... he's not the murderer!

Starshark
I should also add that there's one detective who won't take the slam-dunk closed case and gets to the bottom of a conspiracy... THAT GOES TO THE TOP!

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

google THIS posted:

Me: Ok, so get this: White people. Falling in love. At Christmas.

Hallmark Channel execs: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa:

My mom in-law records all of these and watches them with her hubby. Their dvr is chock full of them. We watched one about a Christmas businesswoman who was too busy to find love..... but then love found her. (I think that's the plot of a lot of em)

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

joke_explainer

Space Taxi posted:

Those M. Night Shyamalan movies are successful. I've written a movie with a twist too. Listen to this.

The villain is a much stronger athlete than the hero. At the end of the story, in the final boxing match, the hero's going to lose to the superior opponent, right? Nope, here's the twist: the hero wins using his determination!

In Rocky he actually loses tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS

joke_explainer posted:

In Rocky he actually loses tho

Huh, well isn't that...interesting. (stares listlessly at my "The Journey is the Destination" slide deck)