Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Applewhite posted:

Kate's psychic scream echoed in my mind. I looked back, my raptor eyes seeing more in the deepening twilight than any human's could.

What I saw almost made my eagle form lose its worms.

The Ravagoid's long, scythelike claws protruded from the abdomen of Kate's gorilla body. Even as I wheeled to help her, the seven foot tall space monster flexed its arms and ripped through her torso like snotty tissue. Kate screamed again as her intestines unfurled from the ragged hole like coils of spring-loaded spaghetti. Blood and feces spewed in great, gobbety fountains, drenching the Ravagoid in her fluid and viscera.

"Holy crap! This is a kids' book?" exclaimed Marco in disbelief.

Now you're just plagiarizing Animorphs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
do one where those centipede aliens gently caress Marco!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

marijuanamancer posted:

do one where those centipede aliens gently caress Marco!

Did... did that happen?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ElectricSheep posted:

Now you're just plagiarizing Animorphs

No you see these are the WyldForce. They don't physically turn into animals, they astral project their consciousness into animals, possessing the animal's body for up to one hour (but if they go over the one hour time limit their soul becomes trapped in the animal forever).

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Applewhite posted:

"This has never happened before; the Sorting system is infallible!" Grand Architect Halmond stared in disbelief at the Sorting Circle. The indicator arrow stubbornly frozen on the exact line between Red and Blue quadrants.

I stood as frozen as the arrow, unable to move or even believe what I was seeing. Around me, whispers swirled like swarms of turbo-locusts. My ears were hot, and I felt that familiar feeling of tightness in the pit of my stomach like when I'd tried to ask Wendy A257 to the Juvenile Cotillion. The whispers evolved into murmurs. Nobody knew what was happening.

The Sorting never failed. It just didn't! Every person in The Society, upon reaching adulthood at the age of sixteen, underwent the Sorting. Each citizen was sorted into one of four Quadrants: Red, Blue, Yellow, or Green. Your Quadrant determined your Life Path.

Everyone had a quadrant.

Everyone, that is, except me.

"Can he spin again?" asked somebody in the crowd.

"One citizen, one spin, that is our law, handed down since ancient times," intoned the Grand Architect somberly.

Abigail, my advocate touched me on the shoulder.

"I'll cause a distraction. You need to run," she whispered in my ear.

"What?"

"You're in terrible danger. When I give the signal, run," she whispered again.

"Run where?" This was all going sideways.

"Find the Differents," she told me. "Seek them out. They're the only ones who can help you."

"The Differents? B-but... they don't exist!" I stammered. There were rumors... legends, really, of a secret group of people without a Quadrant who lived on the fringes of society, but nobody actually believed in them! The Sorting system was perfect!

"They do exist, and now you're one of them. You may even be the most important Different who ever lived..." said Abigail, her blue eyes flashing.

Gulp!

Balls On Toast
Oct 22, 2018

Perfect breakfast if you are a guest! This little ball tastes exactly like French toast but is much easier to make!
This hasn't been updated in a while but it's a pretty pro click https://twitter.com/DystopianYA

https://twitter.com/DystopianYA/status/718094788046794756

https://twitter.com/DystopianYA/status/635839899669766144

https://twitter.com/DystopianYA/status/566973860164411393

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bogus Adventure posted:

"Zanna, are you sure this is okay?" Jaxon asked trepidatiously. He trembled as he stood before her, unsure whether the load he bore would please her.

"Yes, that's fine," she replied, giving Jaxon a sidelong glance. "Just put the printer down on the table. I still don't understand why you carried it all this way."

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
When I was but sixteen, the Old Men came out of the Ivory City and hungrily devoured my homeland and killed my darling wife. I remember the Old Man who sadistically killed my beautiful wife - Scar. I named him this because of the scar on his old face and I never forget a face. But what the Old Men do not know is that my mother, who was also killed by the Old Men, taught me the secrets of makeup and prosthetics. Now I may look like an Old Man but I am not an Old Man, and I will be the one person who can dismantle their ludicrously dystopian system of civilization that somehow has existed in perfect stability for two hundred years after the bombs fell. I am no one special, and yet I am the one person who will strike the rock to light the spark to ignite the fire that will burn the whole corrupt world down.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

"You may not eat here," said the Old Man angrily, "Any food within the Forbidden Zone is forbidden! You shall be elder-processed within the bowels of the Ivory City for this transgression, children." In a second, he had grabbed me by the back of the neck and also reached out to grab my best friend Kayte, who was very plain but also very attractive and looked a lot like my dead wife. But she couldn't be alive, could she? But what if...

Then the door of the truck stop diner restaraunt banged open, disturbing me from my reverie, and a booming but jovial voice rang out: "LET THE KIDS EAT WHAT THEY WANT!"

I couldn't believe my eyes! There stood Old Doobie, and in his hands was his shotgun which he was aiming directly at me! No, not at me, at the Old Man! I gulped silently, could I trust Old Doobie not to shoot me too? Or worse, what if he shot Kayte? I gulped again, silently. I let out a breath I wasn't aware I was holding. My fists clenched unconsciously.

The Old Man said icily,

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 20, 2018

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

“I won’t go!”

“But you must!”

As much as I protested I knew the old man was right. I had to go. The ring of power was the only weapon that would give us a chance to defeat the evil necromancer and I was the only one who could retrieve it. Still, I had heard nightmarish tales of the horrors awaiting me.

“Is there any other way?” I implored.

“No” the wizard replied sagely.

“Then I will go and do what I can, but I do not know the way to Goatman’s Hollow.”

“My boy, you are already there.” And with that the wizard named Link disappeared and I saw the horrors before me.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

im perennial young adult protagonist dystopiastomper58. i first started...

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
Excerpt from Summer of Samantha

Sam ... we may never fully understand why you killed yourself. It's a mystery that even the regularly scheduled posthumous delivery of a single page from your diary that I receive every week won't truly solve. All I know is that by killing yourself, you really made people sit up, take notice. We appreciate you now that you're gone. You showed us, Sam. You showed us all.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
Excerpts from Yank [a novel in verse]

code:
Addikt

addicted?
        addict
what a dumb word
you may as well                     be
addicted                     to love
which i s a so    ng 
that my dad knows (but i don't)
because       if         plea      sure
is wrong                                           then
i don't want to be right
i just want to yank what's wrong with feeling right?
Mitsuke (pink hair) knows me
more than mom
and i               know           her
until it's 
red
           and 
                       raw
           and
dreamy creamy
code:
Funeral

dad's in a box                      so what
why feel bad when         i can feel good
and yank it                      to manga
                                 to anime
                                 to Mitsuke
dad won't care
                              he's in a box

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

From the back cover of Samantha, Ghost Girl Detective:

My name is Samantha. I'm 15 years old. And I'm a ghost.

The murderer is still at large. I was killed before I could get a good look at them, so I can't help even if I could communicate with the living world. My soul is bound to the mortal world until the murderer is caught, so I must do everything I can to try and help the police.

My old boyfriend, Tim, has started flirting with another girl. My parents are talking about divorce. And to make things even worse, I keep running into these crazy ghosts who think I can help them. Life doesn't get any easier, just because you're dead!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

The murderer is still at large. I was killed before I could get a good look at them, so I can't help even if I could communicate with the living world. My soul is bound to the mortal world until the murderer is caught, so I must do everything I can to try and help the police.

My old boyfriend, Tim, has started flirting with another girl. My parents are talking about divorce. And to make things even worse, I keep running into these crazy ghosts who think I can help them. Life doesn't get any easier, just because you're dead!

Lmao

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Oh man, I didn't realize Joss Whedon was making a new show.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bonaventure posted:

Excerpt from Summer of Samantha

Sam ... we may never fully understand why you killed yourself. It's a mystery that even the regularly scheduled posthumous delivery of a single page from your diary that I receive every week won't truly solve. All I know is that by killing yourself, you really made people sit up, take notice. We appreciate you now that you're gone. You showed us, Sam. You showed us all.

A Fancy Hat posted:

i smell a trilogy movie deal

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

"Please Samantha, you have to help me move on! I've been here for decades, and you're the first other spirit to even notice me!"

Mrs. Beasley's ghost floated in front of me. She wasn't kidding when she said bound to this apartment building for decades. I'd researched her case at the library, and she had killed herself in 1958. Except, if she was telling the truth, it had actually been a murder.

"Mrs. Beasley, whoever killed you must be dead at this point. Why can't you just move on? I really need to get to the mall - Tim's.... well, Tim has a date...."

"Oh my dear, I'm so sorry. Just.... just leave me here, I'll be okay. Mrs. Beasley has lived in this apartment for a long time, and she's haunted it for even longer. I'll survive. Pardon the phrase, of course. I'll just see myself out."

"No, no wait a minute Mrs. Beasley. It sounds like maybe I'm the one who needs to move on. Tim's alive and well, I can't keep haunting him and trying to sabotage his new relationships. I know you're bound to this building, but see if you can dig up anything in the basement. I'll head back to the library and see if I can discover anything about that circus you said was in town that week. And Mrs. Beasley?"

"Yes, child?"

"Thanks. Thanks for everything."

I floated through the walls of the old apartment building and headed towards the library down the street. Jealousy still flowed through me, but it was a little bit less than yesterday. And over time? Perhaps I could even be happy to see Tim fall in love. Mrs. Beasley had told me her husband was waiting for her on The Other Side, and I could at least reunite those two.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
Excerpt from The Ghost of Pryor's Prairie

"It ain't Booger who done nothin'!" I was so mad I could spit teeth. "Yer just afear'd of him, n'you express that fear through violence, like'n you do with the blacks and homosexuals."

"Now Hambone," said my pa, "it's true that Booger'n blacks'n homosexuals is all three of 'em abominations in the eyes of the Lord, but that don't make us bigots. Yer young yet. Now come away from him."

"You don't call me Hambone no more!" Lord, I was in a fury! "You call me Lorelei, the name my dead mama gave me when she birthed me! You ain't got no right to call me Hambone no more, not from the minute you torched Booger's shack!"

"I warned y'against sendin' her to school," said old Jessup.

Booger wrapped his misshapen arms around my leg, just like a whimperin' dog tryin' to shelter itself under the homely crotch of his master, moanin' and barin' his fangs.

"Besides," I added, "Booger ain't done nothin', and that's the point. You go home and you let him alone."

"Ain't done nothin? Hell, he done killed and et Cassidy Simms some twenty winters ago!" said old Jessup.

"Sure," I said, and I put my hands on my hips which was most unladylike, "but that was just the once."

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

"Wait a minute," interrupted Natalie. "If we have all this amazing magic that can heal people, end famine, change people's minds, alter the course of wars, and generally increase the standard of living for the average individual... why don't we use it to help, you know, non-magic people? And how have they not found out about us for centuries?"

The high wizard, unfazed by the impudent outburst, responded plainly. "Because a world where magic has already existed for millennia is a lot harder to write. And no," he added, cutting off the young heroine, "the writer has never heard of Shadowrun."

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

god that last panel always gets me

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I wished I was somewhere else- I was no-one! I didn't want cosmic powers beyond human comprehension!
"And so," continued Questoria, "to defend your planet of ""earth"" from the Shadowspeaker and his Breathtaker minions, I will grant unto each of you one of the four elemental powers- fire, earth, water or wind."
I glanced around at our motley crew of thrown-together misfits. Us, save the earth!? There was Russ Flamington, with his short temper and crazy red hair; big and dependable Tom Granite; and Rain Rivers, the surfer girl who like fish. ANd of course me, the one no one noticed, Zephyr Breezington. I wished I was back home practicing my clarinet.
Questoria stood from the Throne of The Four Elements.
"To your leader, Russ Flamington, I grant the elemental power of.... water!"

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough
The water is rising already, down in this cellar that only stupid teenagers would ever think to explore, which is what the papers will say if our bodies are ever found. Inspector Cregan is long gone, though I can still hear his departing chuckle as he dropped the hatch. It's just Finn and me now, tangled back-to-back in diving gear. And my magic is weak. I close my eyes, and remember as hard as I can...

I'm back in the village. My trial has just finished.

They chain me into the ducking-stool and swing it out over the water -- water so covered in pondweed I could almost make-believe you could walk on it. This is only a game, I tell myself, suspended above the green surface that swims in and out of focus. They'll bounce me higher and higher, and everyone will cheer as if we're still at last year's Fairing, and I was still crowned Queen of the May. But I can hear the steady ripping-out of pages from my formula-book, and Headman Cregan denouncing me as a witch. I can hear Ewan's voice, protesting -- not very convincingly -- that I'm no such thing. But I can't hear Finlay's voice at all. Perhaps he's left already. Perhaps he can't bear to watch.

All of a sudden, I go under. Sodden pages drift past, like shot doves. All the ink I ever spilled in the cause of magic spools out into nothingness. I'm going to die down here.
We're going to die down here. Because someone is down here with me, sawing at my bonds with a sliver of glass he pocketed from the broken windows of the courthouse. It must be Finlay, stubborn as always. Loyalty unto death: the only power I need. I curl my fingers, and form a Shaping...

... and I'm back.
"Petronilla!"
"Finn! OK, we seem to be drowning. Again."
"I know. And I didn't leave you last time, if you remember."
"I'm afraid I don't. Finn, what did happen last time?"
"Well," he admits, with a rueful grin I can only hear in the dark, "I'm pretty sure you turned me into a newt."
I grin back, silently. "That doesn't seem much of an improvement."
"I got better."

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Chapter 1

"Hey barfbag, time to go to school!"

My older brother, Ed, woke me up like this every morning. He tossed his used football gear onto me. It smelled horrible. I kicked it off and crawled back under the covers. Then I remembered - today was the talent show!

I had been practicing ventriloquism for months and couldn't wait to show it off in front of everybody. Ventriloquism was the art of throwing your voice, and I had gotten very good at it. I had shown some friends and they all went crazy, they couldn't believe how good I was! I even convinced my one friend, Beth, that I was hiding in a garbage can! For my birthday I had wanted only one thing - a ventriloquist dummy, since I had just been using a sock puppet before this. I was so happy when my parents got me the dummy.

I reached under my bed and pulled out the box holding Chippy, my dummy. It was an old leather case, and my dad said the dummy had belonged to an old comedy club which burnt down in the 1950s. Ten people had died in the fire, and only the dummy had survived the fire. So my dad got a good deal on it, which was nice.

I opened the clasps holding the box shut, then opened it up. I cried out in terror at what I saw - there was a tiny dead body in the box. I could see the skull poking out in places, and the sour smell of rot hit my nose and made me yell. Suddenly, I noticed one of the rotten hands reaching for my neck...

Chapter 2

Actually, it was just the dummy, and the only smell was the dirty football gear. I must have been stressed out thinking about the talent show.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
Mother came into my room, "David I think you should know that the woman you know as "mother" doesn't exist." Her skin started to fade away revealing a young beautiful woman with big blue eyes and tiny breasts. "You see david, I'm an anime and I'm your girlfriend!"

GPF
Jul 20, 2000

Kidney Buddies
Oven Wrangler
"Another stupid, no-good, worthless holiday season", I thought wearily. I stretched, yawned, and then climbed off my stained futon that was shoved against a warped trailer wall. A tiny window above me let in dismal light. My alarm clock wept and shuddered. A pile of dirty clothes sunk deeper into a malaise in the corner. The phone rang in a desultory fashion. I answered it. "Who cares?", I asked.

The voice on the other end hesitated, then burst out with a loud and merry "HAPPY HOLID". I hung up the phone. The last person to put up with fake cheer is me. "Why doesn't the world just burn up and drift away?" The phone rang again. I ignored it.

I'm usually not in this good of a mood. Normally, I'd just lay on my futon and silently wish for the end of all things. Today though, I have a little energy. I pulled on the clothes sitting on top of the pile and, after tightening my belt, I stepped out of my room.

The elves were super busy putting final touches on toys and filling the sleigh, so none of them paid me any attention. Here I am, Santa's 17 year old son, and I wish I were dead.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

very stable genius posted:

“I won’t go!”

“But you must!”

As much as I protested I knew the old man was right. I had to go. The ring of power was the only weapon that would give us a chance to defeat the evil necromancer and I was the only one who could retrieve it. Still, I had heard nightmarish tales of the horrors awaiting me.

“Is there any other way?” I implored.

“No” the wizard replied sagely.

“Then I will go and do what I can, but I do not know the way to Goatman’s Hollow.”

“My boy, you are already there.” And with that the wizard named Link disappeared and I saw the horrors before me.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
As Schuylar looked at her reflection in the mirror, she knew she was different. Every child born since the coming of The Great Midnight had been put into one category or another. Some were to be fierce, but unfeeling warriors. Some, weak of body but strong of mind were forced to feel and carry with them the emotions of an entire society.

But Skyler was different, she was strong, warrior strong. But she could also feel. No one, from the figures in the histories saved in the great Holo-Archive at Castle Palace, to the telepathic orphans that occupy the ratway sewers beneath the City of Dead had ever had such a gift. She could feel her differentness coursing through her veins.

She was unique, she was uncommon, and she was rare. She was Skyelur Skyraven.

And she knew that President Snide would be searching for her.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I see somebody else took RL Stine's Masterclasses.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Julius CSAR posted:

As Schuylar looked at her reflection in the mirror, she knew she was different. Every child born since the coming of The Great Midnight had been put into one category or another. Some were to be fierce, but unfeeling warriors. Some, weak of body but strong of mind were forced to feel and carry with them the emotions of an entire society.

But Skyler was different, she was strong, warrior strong. But she could also feel. No one, from the figures in the histories saved in the great Holo-Archive at Castle Palace, to the telepathic orphans that occupy the ratway sewers beneath the City of Dead had ever had such a gift. She could feel her differentness coursing through her veins.

She was unique, she was uncommon, and she was rare. She was Skyelur Skyraven.

And she knew that President Snide would be searching for her.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Fiona undid her barrette, letting her long, fluffy, whimsical black curls free. "If only I were pretty, like the other girls," she thought to herself as she studied her soft violet eyes in the mirror. Today was her 16th birthday, and no one had come to her party except for Great-grandmother , aunt Susan, and her twin cousins, Gary and Cary.

She crossed her tastefully decorated bedroom to the pal pink dresser, opening the drawer where she kept all her jewelry. Ahh, there it was. The little gray velvet box that held the gift from her great-grandmother. "Keep it secret, keep it safe," she had said as she handed the box to Fiona. She snapped the lid open, revealing the gleaming soft blue jewel within. What would it feel like to wear? Great-grandmother had never said anything about wearing it.

As she fastened the chain around her neck, the room exploded in a frenzy or shimmering white stars. A star-covered door opened in the wall. A tall, slim, beautiful man with lavender hair came into her room. "Princess Fiona!' he said, bowing deeply. "Come with me. You must retake the throne of Faerie before the Ugloons seize it for themselves and destroy all of nature."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

FADE IN:

INT. - CITADEL CORE - NIGHT

The camera centers on an old, gigantic machine glowing blue with energy - the CORE of the CITADEL. It pulsates as thousands of armored steampunk dragons, minions of the SWARM, fly into frame. Their quarry:

ZOOM TO:

PENNY WAYFARER, our spunky and attractive 18-year-old female lead, clad in a shining metal top, a chainmail blouse, brown leather boots, and a blue sash draped cape-like over an epaulet on her right shoulder. Her back to the machine, long red hair flowing free, she aims her arm-mounted PLASMA CANNON at the camera and fires. A SWARM DRAGON is cleaved in twain by the release of energy, but two more take its place in frame.

Penny attempts to fire again, but the gun doesn't respond. She rolls her eyes and calls out to her lovable fantasy animal engineer sidekick-with-'tude, DIZZY.

PENNY
Oh, not again! Hey Dizz, a little help over here!

Dizzy replies with a flurry of squeaks and whistles as it hops and scurries around a TERMINAL at the base of the Core.

PENNY
That's what you always say!

Penny attempts to arm some PROTON GRENADES when the two are interrupted by a loud droning laser noise. BLUE LIGHT shoots straight upwards into the sky from the Core as a ROBOTIC FEMALE VOICE blares.

CORE A.I.
Self-destruct sequence activated. T-minus ten seconds to ionic destabilization.

PENNY
Uh oh.

Swarm Dragons fly in and hover above the two as a giant holographic countdown timer appears over the Core.

CORE A.I
Ten, nine, eight, seven...

PENNY
(to DIZZY) Well, looks like this is it, Dizz.

Dizzy squeaks and scampers up onto Penny's shoulder.

PENNY
(wryly) Guess I'm gonna miss prom.

CORE A.I.
Six, five, four...

PENNY
And now I'll never know what it's like to kiss Zac Blaze... the coolest guy in school.

Penny and Dizzy hold each other and close their eyes.

CORE A.I.
Three, two, one—

FREEZE FRAME on Penny, Dizzy, the Swarm and the Core. RECORD SCRATCH.

PENNY (V.O.)
Yeah, you're probably wondering how we got into this mess. Well, it's a LONG story.

CUT TO:

EXT. CITADEL HIGH SCHOOL - DAY

Our story begins six weeks earlier, at the base of the steps of an ordinary-looking HIGH SCHOOL. Penny sits at the bottom step in a blue schoolgirl uniform, reading a history textbook, wearing glasses, her hair braided and tied back. Looking up, she spots ZAC BLAZE, the coolest guy in school, approaching the steps, not noticing her. She looks like she wants to call out, but before she can, the bell rings, and she picks up her things and follows her classmates inside.

kalel fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 24, 2018